30k maintenance.???

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
The dealer says that I need to have following done at 30k. I feel it is excessive, but before I decline, I want to check with you guys. They are saying I need a transmission flush, brake flush, fuel injection service, both air filters changed.

I just had an oil change done a month ago, and at that time they said I need alignment done.

I took my vehicle in to get the leather boot on the brake replaced under warranty, and now they want to do $1k of maintenance.

Now, if it is required, fine, but I think I am being messed with here.
Sponsored

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
And when was the last time you got aligned? Roads suck in maine and I like to go wheeling so I get one done every year.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Grooge

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
The allianment is done already, but it just normal road driving. However, It was the first and I was around 23k at the time.

Reactions: Doc

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
I am worried that now that they tagged it as needing it, and if I don't get it, it will void the warranty.
Here is the maintenance schedule

Screenshot_20221109-061538_Chrome.jpg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Is it safe to say you neve opened your owners manual? It has a maintenance section to help you out.

That said I recommend the following at that mileage. Air filter, cabin filter(I recommend every 15K), fuel injection service(it malty be a combination of things to help get carbon buildup off the intake valves and yes its common with direct injection), brake flush( should be done every few years anyway).

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
The dealer says that I need to have following done at 30k. I feel it is excessive, but before I decline, I want to check with you guys. They are saying I need a transmission flush, brake flush, fuel injection service, both air filters changed.

I just had an oil change done a month ago, and at that time they said I need alignment done.

I took my vehicle in to get the leather boot on the brake replaced under warranty, and now they want to do $1k of maintenance.

Now, if it is required, fine, but I think I am being messed with here.
This is the sort of bullshit that is so infuriating about auto "stealers!!!!"

Change the filters in your own driveway and tell those snake oil salesmen to f*** off.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Is it safe to say you neve opened your owners manual? It has a maintenance section to help you out.

That said I recommend the following at that mileage. Air filter, cabin filter(I recommend every 15K), fuel injection service(it malty be a combination of things to help get carbon buildup off the intake valves and yes its common with direct injection), brake flush( should be done every few years anyway).
What Frenchy said.

I do both air filter about once a year (~12-15k miles) myself. It is cheap and easy.

For fuel injection service on my vehicles with direct injection (which is all of them now), I use a bottle of Chevron Techron Concentrate (Amazon link) in the gas tank just prior to each oil change. Again, it is cheap and easy, so no harm if it doesn't help.

for Brake flushing, I tend to do the first at about 3 years, then about every 2 years. This is fairly cheap and easy to DIY, or about $100 at the shop(s) I go to.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I have never done a break fluid flush or antifreeze flush in any vehicle I have ever owned. I can guarantee my father did not and his father did not. ?

I have done a transmission flush at the 75k - 100k mark on two of my last 3 jeeps.
Sponsored