First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
As soon as I put this stuff on a random rain storm appeared..... It seems because I tried to clean a black truck. No rain was forecast.....

So... How will it look when dry..

So far. Better than it normally does after it rains.

received_3224409484477888.jpeg
received_594284178885390.jpeg
That just happened to me the other day. I washed mine right when we left Custer, SD and sure enough it rained once I was at Marks house in CO. Mine was a mess the next morning because there was a lot of dirt/dust in the air and it all settled on the paint. If the air is clean there shouldn't be any water spots but as you know black shows every little spec of dirt.
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
That just happened to me the other day. I washed mine right when we left Custer, SD and sure enough it rained once I was at Marks house in CO. Mine was a mess the next morning because there was a lot of dirt/dust in the air and it all settled on the paint. If the air is clean there shouldn't be any water spots but as you know black shows every little spec of dirt.
We have a good bit of saharan dust in the air still. I think. It didn't seem hazy today but it's been here recently.

Islander

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500, Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired
Greetings All,

New forum member here and I just finished reading 19 pages of this thread.

I love 303 Graphene Nano Spray. I have been using it for a year on my truck and SUV with great results.

So far I have coated both my vehicles 3 times each (once every 4 months). I find that after 4 months the coating is still 90-95% there but I prep and recoat anyway for max protection since I live in a very hot, humid, salty and sunny climate and my vehicles live outdoors 7x24.

One question I hope you guys can offer some insight to is....How many times can I keep recoating my vehicles without first removing the old coating??? Can I just keep applying 1-2 coats every 4 months the way I have been doing it...or will this eventually catch up to me in a negative way, like making the paint look dull with too many graphene layers?

Before I recoat my process is to strip wash, clay if needed...but so far in a year there has been no reason to clay, then isopropyl alcohol wiped own then apply the 303.

Thanks in advance...any advice from your experience is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Greetings All,

I love 303 Graphene Nano Spray. I have been using it for a year on my truck and SUV with great results.

So far I have coated both my vehicles 3 times each (once every 4 months). I find that after 4 months the coating is still 90-95% there but I prep and recoat anyway for max protection since I live in a very hot, humid, salty and sunny climate and my vehicles live outdoors 7x24.

One question I hope you guys can offer some insight to is....How many times can I keep recoating my vehicles without first removing the old coating??? Can I just keep applying 1-2 coats every 4 months the way I have been doing it...or will this eventually catch up to me in a negative way, like making the paint look dull with too many graphene layers?

Before I recoat my process is to strip wash, clay if needed...but so far in a year there has been no reason to clay, then isopropyl alcohol wiped own then apply the 303.

Welcome Phil! When I Graphene my truck I do 3 coats as that's the limit they recommend doing at one time. I can get 1 full year out of that and I also use the Graphene Detailer about once a month. With our high heat and high UV rays here in AZ that gives me full protection and it still beads up great. The second and third coat go so quick it's worth just doing it for the added protection.

You shouldn't have to apply that much every 4 months as this stuff is made to last a year if you follow the directions. What I like about the Graphene Detailer is it also has a small amount of Graphene in it so you're adding more protection when using it. Your redcoat process is perfect and I do the same. I only needed to clay the truck one time and it's been good ever since.

I've never found anything (I'm sure Ceramic Coating will last longer) that lasts 6 months out here until I started using the 303 Graphene Nano spray. You'll have to post some pictures of your Ranger all detailed up.

Islander

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500, Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired
Welcome Phil! When I Graphene my truck I do 3 coats as that's the limit they recommend doing at one time. I can get 1 full year out of that and I also use the Graphene Detailer about once a month. With our high heat and high UV rays here in AZ that gives me full protection and it still beads up great. The second and third coat go so quick it's worth just doing it for the added protection.

You shouldn't have to apply that much every 4 months as this stuff is made to last a year if you follow the directions. What I like about the Graphene Detailer is it also has a small amount of Graphene in it so you're adding more protection when using it. Your redcoat process is perfect and I do the same. I only needed to clay the truck one time and it's been good ever since.

I've never found anything (I'm sure Ceramic Coating will last longer) that lasts 6 months out here until I started using the 303 Graphene Nano spray. You'll have to post some pictures of your Ranger all detailed up.
Thank you Dave!....I appreciate you sharing your process. Interesting to know that you use 3 coats once a year. Maybe I don't need to do it as often as I am...or just stick with one lighter coat every 4 months. I have definitely found that a little goes a long way with this coating...it really is the best protection I have ever used.

I have not yet tried the Graphene Detailer for occasional topping up...but will do so. Have you tried using it as a drying aid by any chance? Does it work well on a wet vehicle?

I know this might sound a bit strange...but I actually don't own a Ranger. I joined this forum all because of my search to find other users of 303 Graphene Nano Spray to read about their experiences and noticed a lot of you guys love the stuff like I do.

I think the 5th Gen Rangers look awesome! :)

Thanks again

Phil
(PS...I own a Ram 1500...pls don't have me lynched lol )

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thank you Dave!....I appreciate you sharing your process. Interesting to know that you use 3 coats once a year. Maybe I don't need to do it as often as I am...or just stick with one lighter coat every 4 months. I have definitely found that a little goes a long way with this coating...it really is the best protection I have ever used.

I have not yet tried the Graphene Detailer for occasional topping up...but will do so. Have you tried using it as a drying aid by any chance? Does it work well on a wet vehicle?

I know this might sound a bit strange...but I actually don't own a Ranger. I joined this forum all because of my search to find other users of 303 Graphene Nano Spray to read about their experiences and noticed a lot of you guys love the stuff like I do.

I think the 5th Gen Rangers look awesome! :)

Thanks again

Phil
(PS...I own a Ram 1500...pls don't have me lynched lol )
No worries Phil one day you might try a Ranger and find out how great they are. lol

I love detailing so it's fun to talk with others who do too. I haven't yet tried it as a drying aid but have heard others have had good results with it that way too. It's so hot and dry here in AZ I'll be working harder trying to spray it on, wipe it in and then keep the rest of the truck from drying on me. The detailer is just like the Graphene Nano spray a little goes far and gives you great results.

IMG_4828.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

Islander

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500, Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired
No worries Phil one day you might try a Ranger and find out how great they are. lol

I love detailing so it's fun to talk with others who do too. I haven't yet tried it as a drying aid but have heard others have had good results with it that way too. It's so hot and dry here in AZ I'll be working harder trying to spray it on, wipe it in and then keep the rest of the truck from drying on me. The detailer is just like the Graphene Nano spray a little goes far and gives you great results.

IMG_4828.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg
You Ranger is a beauty! Love the color and mirror shine. Wll definitely order and try me some Detailer.

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
Greetings All,

Hi Phil,

I live in a similar environment, beachside town, outside 24/7.

I've got about 6 coats in about 8 months on mine. I think. Noticed this morning that water is still beading nicely and now it doesn't seem to need re-application anywhere near as often. I think, and I'm only assuming, that once it reaches a certain thickness, it becomes MUCH more resistant, if that makes any sense? One or two light coats wear off quick, but once you build up an extra couple, it seems to last much longer.

Next thing I noticed, as it seems pretty resilient to a fine clay bar. When I did mine last, it still seemed to have a good coating on it.

Lastly, I did my wife's car (two coats), 7 months ago. It's parked under cover at night, but used as a daily and it's rained here more than 50% of days this year. It's also washed every week or two. Now, it was applied over a 3 year old ceramic coating, but I washed it on the weekend and it still felt like I'd applied the Graphene the day before. Washed easy, easy to dry and looked amazing when done (pic taken after said wash).

303.jpg

Now, with her car, I did the coats a bit thicker, and it seems to have lasted a lot better than on my Ranger. Again, this is just an assumption, but it backs up my idea that once a certain thickness is applied, (2-3 thick coats, depending on application thickness) it seems to last a lot longer, than 1 or 2 thin coats.

My 2c anyway. I had doubts on the products longevity in the past, but now seems that thickness of total coating is the secret to making it long lasting, at least in my environment.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
For you guys with experience with this, is washing & clay bar a sufficient prep before applying 303?
Thanks.
Rob, It is sufficient but they (303) state that you can apply the Graphene over any other manufactures product. But to get the best results you should remove the old wax and start fresh. I use a product called Paint prep which you just spray on and wipe off but there's many others out there that work just as well. This way the Graphene will give you 1 year of protection and you won't have another product breaking down under it.

https://www.autogeek.net/optimum-paint-prep.html

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
Two quick questions. You mentioned you used a sponge to apply it. What kind of sponge? Could you link to a pic? Also someone, maybe Pan, mentioned it wasnt slick once this product was applied. Is the paint grabby or still fairly slick and smooth after applying?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Two quick questions. You mentioned you used a sponge to apply it. What kind of sponge? Could you link to a pic? Also someone, maybe Pan, mentioned it wasnt slick once this product was applied. Is the paint grabby or still fairly slick and smooth after applying?
Originally I used a small detailing sponge ( no pics I'm not home now) but have since switched to these microfiber applicators. They work better than the sponge and last a lot longer too.

It's not really slick once you apply it and when I added the 2nd and 3rd coat it added a little slickness. Now once I started using the Graphene Detailer that added a lot more slickness (you can definitely feel the difference) and gave it a super shine as you can see in my pics in post # 278.

Mostly Harmless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Tremor
I use the detailer spray as a drying aid. It seems to provide enough lubrication to allow the towel to skate over the paint. I put 3 layers on a few months ago and water beads the same as it did when I first put it on. With the detailer spray, I don't see much reason to add any additional coats.
Sponsored