First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I have some swirl marks... but I want to use a clay bar and apply this 303 graphene. Would it be a waste of time to not get the swirl marks out? I have never done paint correction so I feel getting the swirl marks might be an expensive and tough task for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Could you compare the windshield treatment to Rain-X? Better, worse, same. I have some that I have never used - maybe I'll do half a hood test
It's much better than Rain X and lasts a lot longer too. It has really good UV protection also it doesn't break down like Rain X. Works great on shower glass doors too.

I did my truck back on November 13, 2020 and it still beads up great. The only thing I do after washing it is hit it with some gloss enhancer for some added shine.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have some swirl marks... but I want to use a clay bar and apply this 303 graphene. Would it be a waste of time to not get the swirl marks out? I have never done paint correction so I feel getting the swirl marks might be an expensive and tough task for me.
Brandon if you've never done paint correction just be really careful. Black is the hardest color to do and if you're going to use a buffer and aren't familiar using one you could make it worse. If they're really bad (or you're OCD like me) you could always have a professional do that step and then you can take over from there. I love black vehicles and have had my share of them but they're a PITA to take care of. There's a lot of satisfaction though once you're done and looking back at them and the mirror shine they have.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Brandon if you've never done paint correction just be really careful. Black is the hardest color to do and if you're going to use a buffer and aren't familiar using one you could make it worse. If they're really bad (or you're OCD like me) you could always have a professional do that step and then you can take over from there. I love black vehicles and have had my share of them but they're a PITA to take care of. There's a lot of satisfaction though once you're done and looking back at them and the mirror shine they have.
Thank you for the heads up, Dave. After reading this comment I realize I will need to research more on proper techniques. Luckily, I bought a random orbital buffer so it's not as easy to mess up the paint job as a dual action rotary. They sure are beautiful when they shine and all but a true PITA, learning that now haha. I am determined though as you can tell with my 2 hours in between the previous comment in this post and my new thread I made with my impulsions and an image of you manically rubbing your fingers together saying "Doooo ittt" :devil:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you realize that after all your hard work getting a star bright paint shine that bird sh*t looks the same on bright and shiny as on road dusted muddy... :LOL:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I hope you realize that after all your hard work getting a star bright paint shine that bird sh*t looks the same on bright and shiny as on road dusted muddy... :LOL:

Just be careful where you park. o_O

Pigeon-Poop On Car.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
finally got around to using this stuff, pretty easy to use mirror like finish now. Will not use in direct sunlight next time was drying to fast

Shining like a diamond in a goats ass now.?

image0 (2).jpeg
Looks really good Jay! I know it says it can be used in direct sun but I think that's just a benefit for those who don't have a garage. I'll usually do two panel then go back and buff and that seems to work out well. Now hit it with gloss enhancer and that goats ass will really shine. ?:cool:

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Looks really good Jay! I know it says it can be used in direct sun but I think that's just a benefit for those who don't have a garage. I'll usually do two panel then go back and buff and that seems to work out well. Now hit it with gloss enhancer and that goats ass will really shine. ?:cool:
I tried this mainly to test its claim that it was extremely hydrophobic. Did half of my hood and there was absolutely no difference. This pic is hood and you (at least I) can't tell which side has the 303, other is the under $8 Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax...

shine.jpg

hood.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I tried this mainly to test its claim that it was extremely hydrophobic. Did half of my hood and there was absolutely no difference. This pic is hood and you (at least I) can't tell which side has the 303, other is the under $8 Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax...

shine.jpg

hood.jpg
My guess is the drivers side. I did mine 11 months ago (Nov 13th)and it beads up better than yours does in that picture. I did strip all the old wax off and started fresh from there which 303 does recommend doing for best results.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess is the drivers side. I did mine 11 months ago (Nov 13th)and it beads up better than yours does in that picture. I did strip all the old wax off and started fresh from there which 303 does recommend doing for best results.
Perhaps that makes a difference but I read this part and as it says did not do paint correction. "If desired, correct your car’s paint before applying, but this is not necessary for the product to fully bond to the paint. "

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Perhaps that makes a difference but I read this part and as it says did not do paint correction. "If desired, correct your car’s paint before applying, but this is not necessary for the product to fully bond to the paint. "
I get good hydrophobic properties when I clay bar first and then apply 303 graphene. And especially if I let it cure because I hastily rub on too large of sections, it gets nice white and hazy and hard to rub off. You can feel a ton of friction build up too. I also sort of soak my microfiber applicator square too.. It works especially well on the windshield too. I don’t think it will work as well as a true hydrophobic solution though. But it sure does the trick and applies and shines nicely. Restores the deep black in my plasti dipped things too.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's correct you don't have to. It also says you can apply it over any existing finish, even ceramic coatings but for best results it's best to strip and start fresh. I know others have uses it like you did and have had great results so it's possible it doesn't bond well with the Lucas wax or it could be a bad batch.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's correct you don't have to. It also says you can apply it over any existing finish, even ceramic coatings but for best results it's best to strip and start fresh. I know others have uses it like you did and have had great results so it's possible it doesn't bond well with the Lucas wax or it could be a bad batch.
Thanks for the insights. You never know. I get plenty of shine with the at least 6 different products that I have tried - the slickest surface (least surface resistance when hand buffed) I got was/is from Shine Armor Quick Coat. I'm pretty lazy, never used a clay bar in my many years even when I had a black car :) and have to many mods ahead of spending the money for a professional ceramic treatment.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks for the insights. You never know. I get plenty of shine with the at least 6 different products that I have tried - the slickest surface (least surface resistance when hand buffed) I got was/is from Shine Armor Quick Coat. I'm pretty lazy, never used a clay bar in my many years even when I had a black car :) and have to many mods ahead of spending the money for a professional ceramic treatment.

When 303 (or any company for that matter) does their testing it's impossible to test every product out there. I'm guessing but it seems like it might just not be comparable with the Lucas wax.

I'd be interested to see what would happen if you stripped to old finish off, clayed and used the Graphene? I never clayed any vehicle before my Ranger but using the clay mitt is really easy and you'd be amazed how many contaminants are in the finish. Maybe if/when you have the time you could try it and if you were closer I'd help you do it. I love dealing so for me it's not work it's relaxing and kind of therapeutic.
Sponsored