2024 Ranger

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I like it, but there are things about it that I don’t like at the same time. I’m not necessarily a big fan of what appears to be a one piece front end with no separate bumper. And the black trim around the bottom of the bed behind the rear tires…nope. I know that there’s probably an option or trim level that adds that (I hope) to the bed, but it just makes the truck look weird to me, but overall I really like the truck. I’ll just have wait and see what the production models bring as far as appearance and options before I decide to “upgrade” from my 5G Ranger.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
It's alright.. it fits in more with the other NA trucks as a family. But I'm glad I have a '21. By the time I'm ready to get a replacement for my current (barring incidents), they will be on 7G.

Frank

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't mind it and kind of like the clean look. With that said someone over on the 6G site mentioned it'll probably have a normal steel bumper. Reason being is the Bronco has a 2 piece bumper and they're both built together and you'd have to have a whole different assembly process for the Ranger. Plus the US Ranger Raptor has a separate steel bumper.

1674134729817.png

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, my buddy wrote that article.

I'm not really a big fan of the front end... It kinda reminds me of a Nissan. The interior is something I like. I hate that the 5G still uses an older sync and that there are analog gauge. I prefer the dash to be digital these days, as well as a better infotainment screen. And hopefully the backup camera is greatly improved. I still laugh at how bad ours is when I back up.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
First time I saw a 2019 HPR Ranger... had to have it. On this '24, the look, especially the plastic, lifeless front end, does not inspire me to buy, no matter how sexy the interior may be.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I don't mind it and kind of like the clean look. With that said someone over on the 6G site mentioned it'll probably have a normal steel bumper. Reason being is the Bronco has a 2 piece bumper and they're both built together and you'd have to have a whole different assembly process for the Ranger. Plus the US Ranger Raptor has a separate steel bumper.

1674134729817.png
Could be, but it has the NA-style front marker lights and roof-mounted CHMSL
IMO , this is a Lariat (chrome bezel on fender vent, body color door handles, turn signal mirrors) or a one-of-one prototype testing different features that may or may not be on Job One. No front tow hooks; 2WD?
!.jpg
2.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Could be, but it has the NA-style front marker lights and roof-mounted CHMSL
IMO , this is a Lariat (chrome bezel on fender vent, body color door handles, turn signal mirrors) or a one-of-one prototype testing different features that may or may not be on Job One. No front tow hooks; 2WD?
!.jpg
2.jpg
If it is a solid piece it's really going to mess things up for those who want to add a aftermarket bumper and a winch. The B&P should be coming out if Job 1 is really going to start on May 1st.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Really hoping a SuperCrew/6'box makes the cut! This from June 2022:
pixellated, but zooming in on the rear it appears to be a NA-type trailer hitch.
No fender vent; camoed over? 2.5L (non turbo) hybrid?
3.jpg

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
If it is a solid piece it's really going to mess things up for those who want to add a aftermarket bumper and a winch. The B&P should be coming out if Job 1 is really going to start on May 1st.
That bolsters my theory that this is a 2wd model, A steel bumper might be reserved for an FX4 Package or Raptor. Dealer order guides should be out late Feb-early March. I may have lost my tentacle reaching into those files. The public website might not be up until June, if Ford's recent history proves out.

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Put a utility service sticker and some yellow lights on the roof. That thing is a work truck. I know, maybe it's the white color, but BOARING!

sure hope the real one are closer to what we've seen of the Raptor. Definitely keeping my 5G till the 7G comes out if I'm still allowed to drive.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase