First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Looking at the ROW 6G, the Raptor, maybe others, willl have at least a steel bash plate, maybe the whole bumper is steel; unclear.
Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 08.26.06.png

Compare this to the "Lariat" prototype which is a one piece facia:
!.jpg
the raptor front looks a whole lot better than what we are getting for now
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looking at the ROW 6G, the Raptor, maybe others, willl have at least a steel bash plate, maybe the whole bumper is steel; unclear.
Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 08.26.06.png

Compare this to the "Lariat" prototype which is a one piece facia:
!.jpg
It's possible this white one will be the non Fx4 and the Fx4 Package will have the separate bumper and steel bash plate?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
It's possible this white one will be the non Fx4 and the Fx4 Package will have the separate bumper and steel bash plate?
Looking at the Ford OZ Ranger page, all their bumpers differ from ones seen on these shores; OK, shores of Lake Huron, anyway. They appear to have end caps with a separate center section, whereas the white "Lariat" has more of a one piece front panel, with the structural bumper underneath. AFIK, OZ doesn't have a 5mph/8kmh statute.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
OH my god I hate it. I am never letting go of my '19.

Yeah like everyone else, the front end. On a truck, a steel, separate bumper is a requirement to me. Now it looks too much like a car that wants to be a truck.

Last year I hit a deer in my truck. Let me tell you what happened. Nothing. Got out, looked at the front end, said wow, continued to work. Got home, look in super detail, underneath and everything, and just... nothing. Don't ever take my beefy steel bumper away. At least in Wisconsin with all the deer around here.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
I've read that the front wheels are further forward and it's supposed to be something like 1/2" wider wheelbase. I'll bet it drives basically the same. I mean if someone put a gun to my head and said buy a Raptor to save your life I guess I'd have to save my life...

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Really hoping a SuperCrew/6'box makes the cut! This from June 2022:
pixellated, but zooming in on the rear it appears to be a NA-type trailer hitch.
No fender vent; camoed over? 2.5L (non turbo) hybrid?
3.jpg
I can’t agree more!!! I’ve been holding out for a SuperCrew/longbed since the 5G Ranger came to the NA market. Now if this configuration is available in a Tremor package and a hybrid it will check all my boxes.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I can’t agree more!!! I’ve been holding out for a SuperCrew/longbed since the 5G Ranger came to the NA market. Now if this configuration is available in a Tremor package and a hybrid it will check all my boxes.
I'm betting non-Tremor 4X4 and Raptor. ROW Wildtraks and Raptors are SuperCrew/5' (~1.5M); Hybrid SCrew/6'box?

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier

Look at the F-Series with FX4, you get your skid plates without removing the front air-dam.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
it looks like a maverick. it also looks very sterile or emasculated. i hope the production model looks more truck than cuv sissy. id rather have the 5g so far. even this one:
1674353832920.png

onemanlan

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger LTX
Occupation
Reseracher
They say the hybrid will be out in 2025. So if you don't see this on the initial launch I wouldn't worry to much just yet.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/09/ford-ranger-hybrid-expected-to-join-lineup-in-2025/
I'd take a hybrid ranger all day. Not a huge fan of the front end change, but would love to save more on gas. That said my wife & I have another hybrid vehicle so it might be wise to stick with a non-hybrid for the time being. Also we're not looking to pick up extra debt so I think this may be our set up for some time.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
When i first looked at those spy pics what came to mind was how similar the front end is to the Maverick, and then the F150 fender vents look close also.
Maybe the upscale trim will look better but for now there's no 'WOW factor i gotta have one'
for me on this.

Kevin Woodc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G
Occupation
Officer
The New Ford Ranger 2024 is expected to come as the next generation of Ford Ranger 2024. and it is likely that it will have a fully new Design with a new powertrain. so it is likely that the new 2024 Ford Ranger will release in the second half of 2023 or at the end of 2023 for the 2024 Model year.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The New Ford Ranger 2024 is expected to come as the next generation of Ford Ranger 2024. and it is likely that it will have a fully new Design with a new powertrain. so it is likely that the new 2024 Ford Ranger will release in the second half of 2023 or at the end of 2023 for the 2024 Model year.
I'm wondering why you think this? The 6G has been released in the rest of the world and there have been numerous spy shots as well as "hints" that the powertrain will be the same as what it is today. (2.3 w/10 speed trans).

To me the only questions that remain are these:
  • Will it have a separate front bumper like the 5G or is it going to share the same front bumper as the ROW model?
  • Is it going to be offered with a crew cab/long bed option?
  • When will the order banks open? (the latest news said it will start getting produced in August with order banks opening at the end of May): https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/thre...s-open-5-26-job-1-production-starts-8-7.7252/
  • What is it going to cost?
Sponsored