First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Hi everyone, first time posting here, looking for advice/information if anyone has it. I've got a 2021 XLT supercab "bought" at a local dealer here in Denver that is waiting on its headrest replacement. Has anyone heard anything on timeline of this headrest replacement? Its been a month now that I've been waiting, and I assume it was only still sitting on their lot due to the headrest wait time..anyway looking for any information y'all might have, I'm excited to get into this truck, I'm just growing impacient.
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Only thing to tell you is there are big delays and I don't think anyone has a crystal ball on when the dam will break.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Last edited:

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
The rear seat headrest's are being recalled because they have to be removable to accept certain type of baby seats back there without the headrest. Initially for the 2019 model they were removable, then they were changed to fixed(not sure when either in '20 or '21)
There are still '21's sitting at the factory waiting and a couple dealers i called had Sc's on the lot couldn't sell because Ford put a sales hold till the parts become available.
Also if you search on Fords website for SC's in you postal zip code area you may see '21's built but not delivered yet those are the ones waiting for the parts then off to the dealers.
I also found a '21 on a dealers lot (very rare) but when called about it was told by the salesperson that Ford had a sales hold on it and they had no ETA for the headrest parts to come in.
They wouldn't let me sign a waiver either explaining to them only my dog rides in the back no children, "sorry no way". :frown:

Last edited:

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
I got my seatbelt recall done no problem. They just check the anchoring and you are good to go.

As for the headrests. Well, I got no ETA on that part. Then again, I can't get them to get me an ETA on an in stock part for something that they probably broke...
Sponsored