Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This ain’t right, right? The passenger side doesn’t do it.

How do you even open up the seat to access the mechanism? I’m a DIY if possible kind of guy vs letting the dealer monkey with it.

Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but it looks like there is something loose inside the seatback. You'll probably have to remove the seatback from the seat, remove the headrest, take the covering off the seatback, take the foam off the seatback, and see what is loose or broken. Could need a whole new seatback frame, could need a little welding.... I'd take it to the dealer--that's a lot to dive into and if you do, they could say you broke it while removing it. AND it's a safety issue. Better off taking to the dealer IMHO.

OP
OP
dmeyer302

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Quick update on this, took it to the dealer and they got it fixed. All I know is there was some sort of broken plastic piece inside. They had to order the plastic piece so it would have been an overnight repair, but I took the truck back a different day. On the day I had it fixed, they were done at 9:30 so evidently it wasn't a big deal.

I had to have my wife pick up the truck so I wasn't able to get any more details.
Sponsored