First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
My dealer (nationwide dealer) had to go 300 miles to get the lariat I wanted.
Sponsored

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I’m holding out hope that we’ll start to see some of the Tremor parts hit the market; toggle switch tray insert, multi-pack springs, to name a few.

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
I'm curious if any of the Tremors has the shudder on take-off or if the new leaf spring packs alleviate it.

Last edited:

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Ever since I bought my XLT in grey I've regretting not getting a Lariet in white. It's the little creature comforts that I miss, but some or one, like the heated mirrors and better headlights is a bummer.

I think I'm going to trade my 2019 on a white something 2021 I'm debating on what you get with the Tremor Vs FX4 with packages and aftermarket. This definitely is more than a stickers and grill kit. Fox suspension, different leaf springs (which if funny because the single leaf was a point they highlighted), side steps and wheels/tires. I wonder if I could get better for less by going aftermarket? It's nice the Tremor gets all that with a factory warranty on the parts but it's only 36k miles/36 mos now on those parts so how much am I getting? I
Decisions. Decisions.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Ever since I bought my XLT in grey I've regretting not getting a Lariet in white. It's the little creature comforts that I miss, but some or one, like the heated mirrors and better headlights is a bummer.

I think I'm going to trade my 2019 on a white something 2021 I'm debating on what you get with the Tremor Vs FX4 with packages and aftermarket. This definitely is more than a stickers and grill kit. Fox suspension, different leaf springs (which if funny because the single leaf was a point they highlighted), side steps and wheels/tires. I wonder if I could get better for less by going aftermarket? It's nice the Tremor gets all that with a factory warranty on the parts but it's only 36k miles/36 mos now on those parts so how much am I getting? I
Decisions. Decisions.
Depending on what you intend to do with the truck, the Tremor seems to be a pretty legitimate addition to the Ranger lineup. Initial reviews are overwhelmingly positive - even from anti-Ranger and biased sources.

I wouldn’t personally take into account the warranty when making the decision - you’re getting the same warranty regardless what package. What I would consider is what I’m going to do with the truck and then ultimately which package suits that need.

If I were ordering one today, I’d be getting the Tremor without hesitation.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta laugh at this excerpt from Motor Trend Review:

Poor body control and ride quality have been our issues with this Ranger from the start. Standard iterations of the truck feel wildly underdamped, throwing occupants wildly from side to side when engaging in something as benign as entering a driveway at an angle rather than head-on. The stiff springs, necessary to give the Ranger top-of-the-class payload and tow ratings, meant you were always being jostled around even when driving straight down the road. It felt like driving a pickup truck from last century. The Tremor package fixes all that.

I went on several 10 mile plus mountain roads of dirt, rocks, ruts , stream depressions and so on this last summer and unless I went slowly the Ranger did approximately what Motor Trend describes, especially on the downhill, but overtime learned to minimize the gyrations but sometimes with others on board couldn't resist the temptation to rock their world. On some stretches of the roads you either stayed ~5 mph or take your bucking and broncing like a real man.
I think those MT dudes are just light weights.
It is interesting that, after running down the stock suspension the whole paragraph, he closes with, "[t]he Tremor package fixes all that."