Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Joe

This is good news as the formal complaints to Ford resulted in generation of a TSB which indicated Ford Engineering investigated and developed a fix for problem trucks!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
Maybe someone will post up Ford's instructions for this TSB.
I would like to see the instructions as well. I did a little searching online but cannot find any details on this TSB.

Last edited:

Mike PD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 LX Mustang hatch, 1995 XL Ranger, 2020 XLT Ranger FX4
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
did i read it right?
they are rotating the rear end, not shimming the hanger bearing?
Thats how I'm reading it too, rotating the rear axle up or down by positioning the thick side of the shim forward or aft on the leaf spring seats. I too was expecting the service bulletin to involve shimming the hanger bearing, which would be a whole hell of a lot simpler than screwing with the rear axle to leaf spring shims to change the pinion angle. If you're doing it your self.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
So instead of shimming the center bearing. A much easier solution and all but proves my theory that they lifted the rear suspension but didn't account for this in the drive line angle. They decided to go with rotating the rear axle instead on the left side.

Interesting.

I'm definitely curious to hear from people who have had this done if it solves the issue or not. Until then I will wait, but if/when I do take it in to have this done, I will remove the shims I installed over the center bearing first.

Last edited:

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Reading through the TSB procedure I noticed they are wanting the techs to inspect for any aftermarket changes to the suspension and verify that the front and rear ride height is within specification before proceeding with installing the shims. See section 204-00. So I wonder how many of us who have installed leveling kits either ourselves or performed by Ford would be excluded from having the TSB performed with Ford claiming the vibration is due to the modification so they won't install the kit. I suspect this will come up despite the issue is present in both stock as well as leveled trucks.