2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Honestly, it's not worth it IMO?

$4300 for the package.
  • You get Sport package bumpers.
  • You get special dual-hoop running boards (but aren't you going to want sliders anyways for this kind of package?).
  • You don't get the rear tow hooks if you also get a tow package (which means you also don't get 7500lb towing capacity if you get the rear tow hooks).
  • You get the FX4 package (TM/TC, rear locker, better tires).
  • "deliver 9.7 inches of ground clearance – 0.8 inches more than the base Ranger SuperCrew 4x4 " -- a whopping 0.8" extra...
  • "Tremor’s six-switch auxiliary power bank mounted to the dash with rated loads of 25 amps, 15 amps and 10 amps, plus three switches at 5 amps. " -- 3 of the switches being of limited usefulness at only 5A.
  • Only available on Mid-XLT and High-Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 models.
  • Optional graphics package.
So, in the end, in my own unprofessional and personal opinion, it's not worth the price tag for what it adds. I'll give them credit that it's neat, but worth it? Debatable.

I thought this too initially, but after looking at it, it's not that bad. You get the Sport Package $1,670 (for 2020) and FX4 $1,295 (for 2020). So you are adding the shocks, tires, switches, side steps and rear springs for about $1,400. That's not unbearable. I agree the graphics are, well, not for me. The rear tow hooks are N/A with tow package as someone mentioned and the 6 switch pod should be available eventually for the rest of us. I'll take that as a win! Really wish they would have added a Torsen or E-Locker front. That is my disappointment in all of this.
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Are 265 really 32"? My 285/70-17 are 32.85"...
Not really, they're 31.6" by the calculation.
265 * 0.7 = 185.5 (sidewall height)
17 * 25.4 = 431.8 + (185.5 * 2) = 802.8mm / 25.4 = 31.6"
Technically 31.6" but most tire manufacturers sell their 265/70R17 tires as "32's". Just how the 5.0 Coyote engine isn't quite 5.0 liters but Ford still calls it the "Five Oh"
I mean, technically the current gen 5.0 *is* actually 5 liters. [The 2018 update] "brings total displacement up from 4,951 to 5,035 cc (302 to 307 cu in)." - But you're right, it hasn't always been the case, though it was 4.951L, which rounds to 5.0 pretty easily, whereas I'd say 31.6" doesn't round to 32" as well.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Technically 31.6" but most tire manufacturers sell their 265/70R17 tires as "32's". Just how the 5.0 Coyote engine isn't quite 5.0 liters but Ford still calls it the "Five Oh"
Gizmokid beat me to it. The prior 5.0 from the 1990s early 2000s were just under 5 liters. 2011 and on the 5.0 was/is just a tad over a 5 liters.

Shadowdraxx

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Bum
This new package is interesting because I feel a lot of us folk end up with a similar setups? Or well I personally probably will.

New Wheels and Tires 1300-1500$?

Suspension upgrade of some kind 1000-2500$?

few other trinkets but a sweet switch gauge. I might have walked out of a dealer with that built in to the finance Rather than buy the parts and get someone to fit them for Me with an alignment Afterwards.

I reckon it’s a fair price imo

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I thought this too initially, but after looking at it, it's not that bad. You get the Sport Package $1,670 (for 2020) and FX4 $1,295 (for 2020). So you are adding the shocks, tires, switches, side steps and rear springs for about $1,400. That's not unbearable. I agree the graphics are, well, not for me. The rear tow hooks are N/A with tow package as someone mentioned and the 6 switch pod should be available eventually for the rest of us. I'll take that as a win! Really wish they would have added a Torsen or E-Locker front. That is my disappointment in all of this.
Yeah, but you're already getting the shocks and tires with the FX4 package, that's a big reason that it feels too pricey for me.

Not hating on it, just seems overpriced for what it is IMO.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I hate the decals, but there is apparently an option to "delete" some of them, and my trusty hairdryer can deal with the rest. This non-issue aside, there is a lot to like in this package, which gives you a lift, extra leafs in the back, coil overs in the front, some solid-looking running boards, sporty wheels, gnarly tires, and a wider stance. Some members would no doubt like to do their own mods aftermarket, which can be less expensive and more personalized, but, since I am not a physicist, engineer, mechanic, or D.I.Y., I appreciate the convenience of having the mods I want done before I take delivery, with the whole thing under a Ford warranty, not to mention wrapped into the financing package. So, hell yeah, when the time comes to trade up, I would take a long, hard look at this option, although a serious test drive would be needed to see how all those great-sounding suspension components really ride! A lot also depends on when the Ranger Raptor will really appear, what it finally offers, and how much it costs!

Last edited:

Brisko_Michigan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
USG
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a fan. Pound for pound it seems price reasonable given what you get (and what you don’t have to do yourself; warrantied labor is worth something). My standards may be lowered given many of us thought the Tremor would be little more than a B&O stereo upgrade, but I say kudos to Ford for addressing the weekender Overland/Off-road market with something realistic and accessible out of the box.

(Maybe I’ve been watching too much Cobra Kai on Netflix, but that 80s decal set is growing on me.)

I Truck Naked

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Jaguar / Land Rover Senior Technician
price for what it's bringing to the table is really good, really really good.
I'm interested, but idk if enough to make me pull the trigger.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Yeah, but you're already getting the shocks and tires with the FX4 package, that's a big reason that it feels too pricey for me.

Not hating on it, just seems overpriced for what it is IMO.

The FX4 Tires and Shocks are not even comparable. But, after looking at the order guide posted thread, it says Tremor is available with the XLT 301A (Sport). So I read that as you pay the $1,670 301A Sport option and the Tremor's $4,290 option is basically it's own package, taking the place of the FX4 off road which is a $1,295 option. This, IMO makes it a terrible value because you are getting a lot of the FX4 equipment such as skid plates, rear locker, trail control etc. and paying a $2,995 premium for upgraded shocks and tires, plus the switch pod, steps and interior appointments. I thought it was too good to be true that the 301A and FX4 were included in the price......

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
The FX4 Tires and Shocks are not even comparable. But, after looking at the order guide posted thread, it says Tremor is available with the XLT 301A (Sport). So I read that as you pay the $1,670 301A Sport option and the Tremor's $4,290 option is basically it's own package, taking the place of the FX4 off road which is a $1,295 option. This, IMO makes it a terrible value because you are getting a lot of the FX4 equipment such as skid plates, rear locker, trail control etc. and paying a $2,995 premium for upgraded shocks and tires, plus the switch pod, steps and interior appointments. I thought it was too good to be true that the 301A and FX4 were included in the price......
Don't forget that the sport package is also rolled in to what you get from the Tremor package, which makes it an even worse deal.

From the Sport package: "The XLT Sport Appearance Package includes Black grille with Magnetlc surround, 17-inch Magnetic-painted aluminum wheels (or available 18-inch machined aluminum wheels with Magnetic pockets), Magnetic bumpers, Magnetic wheel lip moldings, and sport box decal. "

And the Tremor includes the bumpers, wheels, wheel moldings, and grille (You can argue the Sport grille is different, but they're both still magnetic grilles).

It'll be easier to tell when the configurations can actually be priced out, but it still seems too expensive for what it ultimately is.

HBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Pretty cool option if I'm honest. With the Ford Performance Packages and now the Tremor option, it's cool to see Ford really commit to the Ranger in its twilight years.

Now just give us the Raptor version already :fingerscrossed:

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Not impressed paint and stripes with FX4 parts and new wheels. Just a attempt to keep this Ranger fresh while they drag there feet bringing out the gen 6 Ranger

Igor

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4 Sport
What are these side steps? Are these Ford special or aftermarket?