2021 Ranger Price List (MSRP/Invoice Pricing) - Base Vehicle, Packages, Options

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
See #24, screen shot of order, Received the Vin about the second week of November, was given the build date at that time by the dealer.
Thanks. That points to the second question I was wondering about: Are people able to check the order status before receiving a VIN? If so, how?
Ie is the "order available" status visible before VIN is assigned? Or only available in hindsight after VIN is assigned?
Sponsored

Larrykime

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. That points to the second question I was wondering about: Are people able to check the order status before receiving a VIN? If so, how?
Ie is the "order available" status visible before VIN is assigned? Or only available in hindsight after VIN is assigned?
I had to have the vin number first, before I could track anything. I was actually very surprised how fast the dealer was able to get me the vin. After that it is just waiting, and waiting, and more waiting.

As it happens I will be out of town when the truck finally arrives, I should be able to pick it up the Monday of the following week.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The VIN should be available within a couple weeks (no more than a month) after the order is placed. Once you have the VIN you can use the order tracker to get some more info, but the dealer has a TON more info than you can get on the order tracker. They just have to want to go get it for you.

Here is the breakdown when I ordered it (but it was near the beginning of production):
Ordered at Dealer 12/22/2018
Accepted at Ford 12/26/2018
VIN Assigned 1/18/2019
Window Sticker Available 3/8/2019
Blend Date 3/16/2019
Production Complete 3/19/2019
Shipped by truck from plant to Rail Yard in Woodhaven, MI 3/23/2019
Shipped via train from Woodhaven, MI 3/29/2019
Arrived in Portland Railyard 4/9/2019
Delivered via truck to Dealer 4/12/2019
Picked up at Dealer 4/14/2019

bradsayz

First Name
b-rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mitsu evo IX MR, 2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Federal Tech, CH47 crew chief
Ah crap where did the info come from? I have one on order.
Was told through my MAS Representative. Direct message below:

"Please be advised that Ford informed us of a stop build on Tremor package, 91T until mid February. Please advise if customer would like to remove the package to continue with production or wait the stop build out."

My guess is supplier "covid" related issues. Ordered my tremor build back in October.

dano0726

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
I ordered (after $100 reservation in July) Wifey's Bronco Sport Badlands back in August -- received another (2nd) production delay to begin "...no earlier than the week of February 15th..."

Less than 2 weeks earlier, the Bronco Sport was delayed for production "...no earlier than January 25th but more realistically February 2nd..."

Larrykime

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
1609078182839.png

the 2021 has Shipped, I should Have it the very soon. Who ever gets the first 2021 Please post a pick. you have earned bragging rites.
Dumb Question. is there a SCab 4x2 lariat in race red with the black appearance package anywhere, or do I have the unicorn?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
1609078182839.png

the 2021 has Shipped, I should Have it the very soon. Who ever gets the first 2021 Please post a pick. you have earned bragging rites.
Dumb Question. is there a SCab 4x2 lariat in race red with the black appearance package anywhere, or do I have the unicorn?
Probably One of One if it's a Lariat 501A pkg
devil grin.jpeg
~11 weeks, not too shabby!
My unicorn: When my kids were in high school, I spec'ed a 1999 Mercury Cougar as a third car/midlife crisis toy- Base with no cruise control and a sunroof.
Back when I was in high school, a buddy's dad ordered a new Chevy Impala wagon: Blackwall tires (unheard of in those days) and radio delete.

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Glad to hear they are shipping.

Was worried about delays, sharing a plant with Bronco, Covid, all that mess.

Hope to see them soon!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
1609435965795.png

Here is a 2021 cyber yellow for sell in Dayton Beach
Yeeesh. Despite what color it actually is, Ford calls it Cyber Orange.
Not a fan.

krane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Was told through my MAS Representative. Direct message below:

"Please be advised that Ford informed us of a stop build on Tremor package, 91T until mid February. Please advise if customer would like to remove the package to continue with production or wait the stop build out."

My guess is supplier "covid" related issues. Ordered my tremor build back in October.
Thanks, assumed that was it. Mid year works for me but hopefully earlier.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Are those both OTD price or MSRP and is that a fully loaded XLT or base lariet? Just curious to get an idea of how much i can negotiate under invoice if its end of year. Going to go shopping in dec for a 2020 one the 2021’s come in.
So my secret trick for new car/truck negotiations...www.edmunds.com
If you go into the vehicle you are interested in and do a search on "local inventory available", it will give you a listing of all the vehicles of that type at the dealerships in your specified area. Now, if you look closely, you will see that it tells you how long that particular VIN# has been on their lot.....BIG ADVANTAGE IN NEGOTIATIONS! They REALLY want to get rid of vehicles that have been sitting on the lot for too long. Find your VIN#, call the dealer to make sure it's still available, then go down and start haggling.....As Always IMHO.
I think I financed $32,500 for my 2019 FX4 Lariat with no B&O audio or Nav...everything else.
Mine had been on the lot for 183 days.....lol. :clap:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
So my secret trick for new car/truck negotiations...www.edmunds.com
If you go into the vehicle you are interested in and do a search on "local inventory available", it will give you a listing of all the vehicles of that type at the dealerships in your specified area. Now, if you look closely, you will see that it tells you how long that particular VIN# has been on their lot.....BIG ADVANTAGE IN NEGOTIATIONS! They REALLY want to get rid of vehicles that have been sitting on the lot for too long. Find your VIN#, call the dealer to make sure it's still available, then go down and start haggling.....As Always IMHO.
I think I financed $32,500 for my 2019 FX4 Lariat with no B&O audio or Nav...everything else.
Mine had been on the lot for 183 days.....lol. :clap:
Works on any in-stock vehicle, any brand. Most OEMs give their dealers "floor plan assistance." Used to partially offset the interest paid on inventory financing, A lot of dealers will pass some or all of this on. Watch your calendar, too. The last business day of the month or quarter are typically better for deals.

But you'll likely get a better deal on a 120-day EcoBoost Mustang than a 270-day GT500.
Sponsored