Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
So... Ford... WTF

Got the call and to the dealer I go. Open the box and it's the chrome bezel. I give her a VIN number for a 21 Ranger black pack. Punches it in, and brings up the same part number she just gave me, which is the chrome bezel.

Then we get talking about the front one, and again enter the black pack VIN. BAM it shows they have one in stock!!! Woot, open it up, and it's blue/chrome.

Argh!!! She called another dealer showing one in stock and asked for a visual on the part, they open it up and it's black/smoke.

Same part number brings up both blue/chrome or black/smoke.
Sponsored

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
To add, Jamie the parts girl at Bluestar Ford in Simcoe has been great. She has been on the phone and internet looking for info/availability and doing more than any dealers parts department I have ever dealt with.

Unfortunately this problem is well above dealer level.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
To add, Jamie the parts girl at Bluestar Ford in Simcoe has been great. She has been on the phone and internet looking for info/availability and doing more than any dealers parts department I have ever dealt with.

Unfortunately this problem is well above dealer level.
Very nice, The parts guy i dealt with simply said its not available lol

OP
OP
RARE5.0

RARE5.0

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew Fx4 1988 Mustang Notch 5.0
Here are both front and back with boxes. I still don't have the black rear camera bezel.

Yv5njo1.jpg
Sweet thanks for sharing. I'm still waiting on my rear one its on back order.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Jack! Thanks so much u ROCK! Keep me posted on rear bezel! I'm going to order front and fingers crossed it comes in black and not blue!
I'd say it's a crap shoot on getting a black vs blue when you order. If I were still without and really wanted one, I'd order one from every dealer within driving distance at the same time, then wait for each to call and say it's in, ask them to check colour and cancel if not black.

If you can get extras, come on here and sell them for sick mark-up (I won't tell don't worry).

As for the rear bezel, I have my original in hand now. When I plastidipped the pieces the first time, I only cleaned them didn't do any prep work. The PD help up perfectly on the bezel, even though it chipped on the FORD letters. I am going to strip the bezel, prep it properly this time with 1000g wet sand, then re-paint it. I haven't decided if it will be flat black PD, semi gloss PD, or base/clear yet, but regardless it should hold up fairly well if done right, and being on the TG.

Worst case scenario it does eventually chip/peel, maybe FORD will have figured out the right number and I can buy it later.... or PD right on the truck. Masking around the bezel would only take seconds, 2 coats and it looks great again :) Not worrying about the letters or separation makes it much easier.

Last edited:

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Jack! Thanks so much u ROCK! Keep me posted on rear bezel! I'm going to order front and fingers crossed it comes in black and not blue!
No problem, just doing my job ;)

I am Jay, Jack is my dog.

Well, Jack, the greatest dog ever, is the beautiful boy in my avatar, he passed in 07.

KYUSS is my new boy, I get him next week!!!!

bzF4ZoX.jpg

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Well I was thinking about getting the stock black emblem, but after reading thru all the issues you guys have had sourcing them I decided to get off my a$$ and paint mine.
Top one is paint, bottom is an overlay. The overlay was much easier to put on than I had thought it would be and probably would have left it but I wanted to de-chrome.
1625248725704.png

On the truck with black painted camera bezel.
1625248793433.png

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
And now the front
20210705_191313.jpg

OP
OP
RARE5.0

RARE5.0

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew Fx4 1988 Mustang Notch 5.0
Any one found the part number of the black camera housing yet?
Sponsored