Vehicle Showcase

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
And if you take a look at the listed axle codes.....

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Ok. So i went to look at tt this weekend. One of the dealers said i could only tow 3500lbs as this sheet says. I have a 2020 xlt with no tow package. But have installed a reciever, and 7 pin wiring and will add a redarc ebrake. So as far as i know, that is the only difference between my truck and one that has a towing package. And i do have tow haul mode on my pickup too. With trailer sway control and the trailer options on my display screen. As in trailer a, b c.
The dealer was saying a 4 cyl cannot tow over 3500, especially a ranger. Maybe if i had the 6 cyl engine i might be able to tow over 3500. !!????!! I looked at the tech dumbfounded. 6 cyl, 2020 ranger??
I have the standard model too.
So anyway back to the original question. With the ebrake, 7 pin, and receiver and tow haul mode, the insurance company will cover me and not say im overloaded with a 6k lb trailer? Right? My ranger with all the add -ons can do 7500? And how do i find or know which gcvwr is my ranger??

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Thats what i thought too. Thats my understanding in a nutshell. All rangers are the same in this manner. Hoover RV in Donna, TX must not know about Rangers, or thinking of the old generation of Rangers. But they where very confident that my 4 cyl could not handle the weight.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I had a Curt towbar and 7 pin connector installed on my 2019 - Ford was experiencing shortages on tow package parts (supposedly). The Curt is rated for more than the Ranger is so it seems reasonable that I can pull the rated amount for the truck right? And if I get the Ford/Redarc trailer brake adapter it will work no problem?

The factory tow setup is prettier than the Curt but I wouldn't think there's any significant difference in capacity. I already hauled a fully loaded largest UHaul trailer 600+ miles and didn't die.

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
I had a Curt towbar and 7 pin connector installed on my 2019 - Ford was experiencing shortages on tow package parts (supposedly). The Curt is rated for more than the Ranger is so it seems reasonable that I can pull the rated amount for the truck right? And if I get the Ford/Redarc trailer brake adapter it will work no problem?

The factory tow setup is prettier than the Curt but I wouldn't think there's any significant difference in capacity. I already hauled a fully loaded largest UHaul trailer 600+ miles and didn't die.
I think you're asking if you can haul 7500 lbs with 750 on the tongue just like a factory hitch equipped Ranger.

Yes, your Curt hitch should give you the same capabilities. (Keeping in mind all the other things you normally take into account when loading/towing...payload etc.)
Sponsored