Funrunner2

Funrunner2

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Crazy build, way further out than most, love it! What did you do with sway bars?

Removed them. Glad I did. Car cut me off and it allowed my front driver tire to go over her hood. No damage to the truck, kind of took her front passenger tire off ?

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Looks awesome, very nice.

I had a build more than 20 years ago. Nice Bilstein shocks and Mickey Thompson Baja Claws and electric locker. Back then at least most pre-runners were specifically based on 2WD trucks because the factory front drive could not handle the suspension travel and increased tire load.

How's your feels on the durability of the baja kit prerunner on the truck? You going to leave it in 2WD while off roading most of the time to save on front drive system wear? I found that with my old 2WD, great tires and locker I could get through almost anything.

OP
OP
Funrunner2

Funrunner2

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Looks awesome, very nice.

I had a build more than 20 years ago. Nice Bilstein shocks and Mickey Thompson Baja Claws and electric locker. Back then at least most pre-runners were specifically based on 2WD trucks because the factory front drive could not handle the suspension travel and increased tire load.

How's your feels on the durability of the baja kit prerunner on the truck? You going to leave it in 2WD while off roading most of the time to save on front drive system wear? I found that with my old 2WD, great tires and locker I could get through almost anything.
The kit is by far is superior than factory as far as build quality. When it is off road, I don't plan on using 4x4 unless going slow or feeling it try to get stuck. Even with the custom front cv axles, i do want to try and make them last awhile. The truck does have a locking rear differential as well. I just hooked up the aftermarket transmission cooler this weekend and the temps sits nicely at 170s-180s.

OP
OP
Funrunner2

Funrunner2

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Eventful weekend. Hooked up the transmission cooler, transmission pan, and mounted the traction boards. Used some aftermarket mustang parts and made my own hoses. In total, drained 5.5 qts of transmission fluid and added 9 qts back. Had to do some high-school math to figure out how much I needed for the transmission hose length lol. Will say this wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. The heat exchanger on the transmission can't pass the shaft after removal thanks to the mounting design. Ended up cutting the lip off instead of dropping the shaft. Everything else (besides dealing with antifreeze and transmission fluid at the same time) was easy compared. Temps will hover around 170-180 degrees now.
20220822_193903.jpg
20220822_193938.jpg