First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Verette
Occupation
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Hey all! Been on the forum for a while, even posted an old build thread, but never updated it and didn't have much context.

Starting this one as a journal and tip thread for those also looking to do similar mods - I've still got more to do, but have a solid repertoire of mods and helpful hints. I've done everything myself minus a thing or two, so shoot me a message and I'm happy to share my experience.

Current mod list: Pictures below, with minimal description.

- 2.5” Rough Country Leveling kit (upgrading to full suspension soon but this gets me the clearance for tires and other adds for now)
- BFG KO2’s 285/70R17s
- 1.25” hubcentric spacers (will do offset wheels soon but one thing at a time)
- SPD 3” catted downpipe
- MBRP Dual Split Catback exhaust 3”
- Custom 3" Midpipe/Flexpipe with Magnaflow straight thru muffler to eliminate drone
- Turbosmart VTA Blow off valve
- Roush Cold Air Intake
- Velossatech Wide Mouth Intake Scoop
- AFE Power Air Scoop
- Diode Dynamics Fog Lights
- Running Boards
- Raptor Grille
- Self Made Raptor LED grille lights
- Gator Tri Fold Tonneu Cover
- Bushwacker OEM Fender Flares
- Stubby Antenna
- Raptor style fender vents from Ford
- Sound deadening mat and closed foam installed in each door, back cab panel, roof/headliner, as well as under the rear seat. Plenty of tips to share on these.
- Powerbass door and tweeter speakers installed
- Custom upgraded all leather interior
- Heated seats
- Blackout FX4 Logo to replace OEM
- Tailgate Damper (WAIT LET ME EXPLAIN)
- LED Bed lighting
- LED bulbs all around

IMG_9724.jpeg

IMG_9748.jpeg

IMG_9733.jpeg

IMG_9741.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigIron

BigIron

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Verette
Occupation
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
We'll go with intake mods first...

I chose a Roush CAI, with a TurboSmart VTA BOV, along with a Velossa Tech Wide mouth scoop and an AFE Power Scoop. Easy mods, plug and play... Noticed with each, incremental turbo noise, not to mention a solid whoosh of the intake on acceleration. Plus the BOV adds a nice touch, I've grown to love it.

IMG_9744.jpeg

IMG_9745.jpeg

IMG_9746.jpeg

OP
OP
BigIron

BigIron

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Verette
Occupation
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Next, we'll go exhaust. BOY, was this a chronicle...

I started with the black dual split cat back exhaust from MBRP. Gave a nasty, but subdued, growl on acceleration. Loved it.

Next added an SPD Catted Downpipe, wrapped in some heatwrap, mounted with a 3" mid pipe - Clamped everything together to see how I liked it. Holy SH*T was it loud. Awesome, but absolutely unreasonable for a daily driver. Fun for a day.

I then tried adding a short Borla resonator, and while that retained a great sound, it was pretty sharp and had terrible drone (In my opinion). As a daily driver, on the freeway with some throttle, this thing was ringing in my ears.

I resultantly switched out the Borla for an 18" Magnaflow straight through muffler, and that was MONEY. Personally I feel dropped the tones of the exhaust a note or two, and made it sound like a Raptor. Again, in my opinion. Brought it to a shop and had them weld all my clamped joints for about $100. I'll post some pictures, followed by a couple videos. Two I just took on a cold start, so it's usually a bit more mild even, but at the end I go right up to the exhaust tips, which showcases the sound. I get some great burbles, awesome tones in general, and it's functional as a daily driver. SLIGHTY drone-type frequency at certain RPM's, but I deadened my whole cab and that solved it darn near perfectly. More on that later. The video in the AZ winter is a warm idle. I'll get around to posting some videos of me hauling a*s to show how that sounds.

IMG_9736.jpeg

OP
OP
BigIron

BigIron

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Verette
Occupation
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
We'll go with other miscellaneous mods here. I will then post pictures on an ongoing basis, or as needed.

The leather and heated seats were the only thing I didn't do myself, I had Ford's custom department do them, not too expensive, but worth it to not have to clean my lovely wife's spills up every other day on the fabric.

@AZ_Yeti my brother-in-law recently got a ranger and he's been building it out, so he got me on the LED kick, which is an awesome upgrade to the third brake light white and red bulbs, marker lights, etc. Nice touch!

I deadened my entire cab, so doors, back cab panel, headliner, and below the rear seat with Siless 80mil deadening mat followed by 135mil closed foam on top of the deadened mats in the doors. Pairs nicely with my PowerBass speakers in all of the doors and tweeters. Highly recommend that upgrade for more clear acoustics. Plan on doing a subwoofer as well but having a hard time eating the cost on it.

Also installed bed lighting - I ran them along the rails and then faced the extra 6" back towards me to really project out of the bed. There's a line to tap into where the bed light package would've used from factory.

Plenty more I could post on, but found an interesting truck tent option for overloading adventures. These pictures aren't chronological. The tent is by Fofana, which I believe is more of a prototype tent and fits perfectly with the ranger. In these pictures I have an excessive air mattress which I recently downsided, but want to showcase that you can fit a full air mattress within the bed, and it squishes over the wheel wells without even feeling it. Great option that's a lot cheaper than a truck bed specific mattress.

Should be all for now! Thanks to all the members on here that I referenced for my mods along the way. Look forward to keep on building!

IMG_9741.jpeg

IMG_9743.jpeg

IMG_9752.jpeg

IMG_9751.jpeg

IMG_9754.jpeg

IMG_9473.jpeg

IMG_9463.jpeg

IMG_8993.jpeg

IMG_8871.jpeg

IMG_8868.jpeg

IMG_8864.jpeg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Hey all! Been on the forum for a while, even posted an old build thread, but never updated it and didn't have much context.

Starting this one as a journal and tip thread for those also looking to do similar mods - I've still got more to do, but have a solid repertoire of mods and helpful hints. I've done everything myself minus a thing or two, so shoot me a message and I'm happy to share my experience.

- 2.5” Rough Country Leveling kit (upgrading to full suspension soon but this gets me the clearance for tires and other adds for now)
- BFG KO2’s 285/70R17s
- SPD 3” catted downpipe
- Custom 3" Midpipe/Flexpipe with Magnaflow straight thru muffler to eliminate drone
- Roush Cold Air Intake
- AFE Power Air Scoop
- Running Boards
- Raptor Grille
- Stubby Antenna
- Sound deadening mat and closed foam installed in each door, back cab panel, roof/headliner, as well as under the rear seat. Plenty of tips to share on these.
- Heated seats
- LED Bed lighting
- LED bulbs all around

IMG_9724.jpeg

IMG_9748.jpeg

IMG_9733.jpeg

IMG_9741.jpeg
Nice !

hookem57

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Driver

- BFG KO2’s 285/70R17s
- SPD 3” catted downpipe
- Roush Cold Air Intake
- AFE Power Air Scoop
- Running Boards
- Raptor Grille
- Stubby Antenna
- Heated seats
- LED Bed lighting
- LED bulbs all around

IMG_9724.jpeg

IMG_9748.jpeg

IMG_9733.jpeg

IMG_9741.jpeg
Sweet

Reactions: Doc

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
We'll go with intake mods first...

I chose a Roush CAI, with a TurboSmart VTA BOV, along with a Velossa Tech Wide mouth scoop and an AFE Power Scoop. Easy mods, plug and play... Noticed with each, incremental turbo noise, not to mention a solid whoosh of the intake on acceleration. Plus the BOV adds a nice touch, I've grown to love it.

IMG_9744.jpeg

IMG_9745.jpeg

IMG_9746.jpeg
Is that dirt?! :lipssealed::eek:😜😆

Reactions: Doc

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125