Aircraft Tech

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
FWIW most of the bolts they specify as use and discard aren't because they are TTY, they are because the new ones come with pre-installed thread locker on them. You can simply clean them and use your preferred threadlock compound on them.
True however, as a technician I want to post information from the manuals as stated.
It is up to the individual owner or installer if they choose to follow the manual as written.
True, I stated incorrectly as an example, TTY Bolts generally are a torque to spec then a specific deg of rotation.
In aviation if the manual states discard the hardware and install new, it gets new. No deviation from that - period. It is not worth shortcutting something so simple as a bolt replacement over safety.
Remember there is no pulling over to the side of the road for an aircraft and when things break / malfunction that affects safety of flight it makes national news as they are making an emergency landing.

Starforce2

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger crew cab
Occupation
bus driver

Notthefordguy

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2.0D Biturbo Wildtrak, 2019 2.2 X
Thank you for this, really helpful. Does anyone by chance have the repair manual for the 2.0 Biturbo engine. Also 2019, made in South Africa and Asia.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Thank you for this, really helpful. Does anyone by chance have the repair manual for the 2.0 Biturbo engine. Also 2019, made in South Africa and Asia.
Although the manual here will be similar to the ROW Rangers , keep in mind that any wiring diagram will not match yours exactly

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Does anyone know which shop manual or tech drawing will show the pin out for the rear view mirror plug for the 2019 Lariat? After downloading a ton of these, I cannot find any that have the pin outs for the mirror plug.

Background: I have been waiting for Dongar to offer the 14 pin USB adaptor for my dash cam, but they still do not offer it. They do however offer a 2 pin universal where I need to find the 12v an ground wires on the mirror plug. It's not a great solution, as I have to stab the two pins into the back of the plug and hope it stays there. Yes, I can sort out a volt meter and try to find it, but if there is a pin out drawing, it would be much easier.

behind mirror3.jpg

behind mirror.jpg

behind mirror2.jpg

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Does anyone know which shop manual or tech drawing will show the pin out for the rear view mirror plug for the 2019 Lariat? After downloading a ton of these, I cannot find any that have the pin outs for the mirror plug.

Background: I have been waiting for Dongar to offer the 14 pin USB adaptor for my dash cam, but they still do not offer it. They do however offer a 2 pin universal where I need to find the 12v an ground wires on the mirror plug. It's not a great solution, as I have to stab the two pins into the back of the plug and hope it stays there. Yes, I can sort out a volt meter and try to find it, but if there is a pin out drawing, it would be much easier.

behind mirror3.jpg

behind mirror.jpg

behind mirror2.jpg
You don't want to tap for power there that is the inline connector for the IPMA. only has a 7.5 Amp fuse protection.
If you follow that connector, you will see that it routes over to the IPMA Module

Best to use the connector for the Auto Dimming Mirror - Protected by a 15-Amp Fuse 12-Volt Power Source

Before you make it permanent, I would back probe for power and ground and then try it for operation.
The Ranger gets finicky when tapping for power.

1705600407400.png

Connector:
C9039
Description
AUTO-DIMMING INTERIOR MIRROR​
Color
BK​
Harness
14G540​
Base Part #
part# N/A​
Service Pigtail
See Below​
Open In New Tab Zoom/Print​
Terminal Part Number
Service Part Number
Size
3F2T-14474-SADU2Z-14474-BA0.64
Pin
Circuit
Gauge
Circuit Function
Qualifier
Terminal Part Number
1​
CBP36 (BU-BN)​
20​
FUSE - 36 OR CIRCUIT BREAKER​
3F2T-14474-SA​
2​
GD215 (BK-GY)​
20​
GROUND - INSTRUMENT PANEL STRUCTURE # 2ND POINT​
3F2T-14474-SA​
3​
CLS10 (GN-BN)​
22​
CTRL MOD. - REVERSE LEFT OR COMMON​
3F2T-14474-SA​

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Oh wow, I thought that was for the mirror, thank you for letting me know.

Looking at my picture, which one is for the auto dimming mirror? I only see two connectors.

I thought the other, larger connector was for the forward camera module.

behind mirror4.jpg

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I found another connector behind the mirror. I had surgery recently so I'm a one arm man and this isn't easy. This looks like either a 3 pin or maybe a 5 pin. Is the mirror dimmer connector that I should tap into?

behind mirror5.jpg

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I found another connector behind the mirror. I had surgery recently so I'm a one arm man and this isn't easy. This looks like either a 3 pin or maybe a 5 pin. Is the mirror dimmer connector that I should tap into?

behind mirror5.jpg
That should be it.

FYI - The power to the mirror is not full time, it only powers when the Run/Start Relay is energized.
So, with truck off, power will drop off.
The power feed for the Auto Dimming Mirror is shared by the Exterior Mirror Control Switch
So, if you can adjust your exterior mirrors, you will also have power for the cam.

FYI-The other 3-wire connector in the Pic is the - Rain Sensor

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Ok, thank you! I will that a try. I'm good with it only having power when the truck is running.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
That should be it.

FYI - The power to the mirror is not full time, it only powers when the Run/Start Relay is energized.
So, with truck off, power will drop off.
The power feed for the Auto Dimming Mirror is shared by the Exterior Mirror Control Switch
So, if you can adjust your exterior mirrors, you will also have power for the cam.

FYI-The other 3-wire connector in the Pic is the - Rain Sensor
Instead of splicing for power
Here is a adapter.

Click the video link on the Amazon Page for a Ranger Install

Amazon.com: Dongar Dashcam Power Adapter (3-pin Type B) for Select Ford Vehicles. Compatible with 2019+ Ford Ranger, and More. Built-in USB Power Source, Connects to Rearview Mirror, Easy to Install : Automotive

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
THANK YOU! I have learned a lot in two days. The Dongar techs told me that I either needed the 5 or the 14 pin adaptor for my 2019 Ranger. Given they haven't made the 14 pin yet, I ordered the 5 pin. A few days ago, I got help removing the cover behind the mirror and see the 3 or 4 different plugs. I then learn from you that the correct plug is the 3 pin. Once again I ask Dongar tech and they tell me they do not have an adaptor, so i ordered the 2 prong universal power tap. I have now ordered the correct 3 pin adaptor and I'll try to return the other two.

I appreciate the help here. I agree, adaptor much better than 2 prong approach.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Does anyone have access to section 412 of the workshop manual? I believe this is what covers the HVAC/Climate Control system.

I'm considering buying the Helm manual, but then I'd also have to get my hands on something capable of reading a CD/DVD on a computer....

I'm just looking for the correct procedure for swapping the heater box myself. Also thinking about subscribing to AllData for either a month or a year, if they have all the complete data. That would be WAY easier for my specific workflow (mostly a Mac guy with no Windows computer that also has a CD/DVD drive in it).
Sponsored