HVAC Fan Blower Motor Recall 19S34

Stockranger

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
So this seems like VERY few rangers will be affected by this one, but I thought I’d post this up.

According to the recall, certain fan blower motors were not built with proper clearance tolerances and can cause a fire.

The recall procedure is to take the truck in and the dealership has to open the glove box and inspect the fan blower motor and get the date code or production number off it, then decide if it falls in the range of motors that are known to have the issue. If it falls in the range they have to order the new part, then replace it. If it doesn’t, you are done and can go on about your day without bursting into flames.

So I HATE stealership service departments. I would rather walk over hot coals than take any vehicle I own to these knuckleheads to touch and jack with. But unfortunately recalls can’t be handled any other way. So I reluctantly took mine in. It took 1:15 for them to “Inspect” this and make the determination that mine is good. Yay. I don’t have to go back.

if you have this recall here is what I learned after the fact. So you can do your own initial inspection before dealing with the service clowns.

The number they are looking at is something like mine 190523

if your number is 190614-190922 you will need the replacement.

I would guess this means only ~308 Rangers are affected by this. But it seems they recalled trucks a few hundred before and after as maybe they didn’t track which number was placed into each truck. Just a guesstimate of when the 308 faulty HVAC fan blower motors could have been installed.

if you look at it yourself and have a number in this range I would make it a priority. If you don’t, and you are like me, no rush. Hahaha.

1C4A267A-783F-4C1D-BEF3-EB7CA0B8FA9C.jpeg
Sponsored

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Those refer to build date codes of the blower, not the part number. There is way more than 308 Rangers with this issue.

OP
OP
Stockranger

Stockranger

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Those refer to build date codes of the blower, not the part number. There is way more than 308 Rangers with this issue.
Makes sense. I guess if you break it down the date makes more sense.

also crazy my blower motor sat around from May 23 2019 until my truck was built in august. Guess I got lucky I didn’t get one made from June to September.
Sponsored