2019 Ranger MPGs

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 silverado
Mine has gone up a little everyday.First couple of days it said 17.7. Today it said 20.2
Sponsored

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My mpg's are hanging right at 24

Reactions: Doc

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
So, guys, to sum up, for the technologically challenged (like me), it looks like the MPG figures that members are reporting (with the vehicles' own calculations as well as the members' records) are all over the place, given the varying rigs, two-wheel vs. four-wheel drive, off-road features or not, driving conditions, lead-foot vs. light-foot, loaded or not, hauling or not, mountains, freeways, country roads, etc., but most of them seem, overall, to be within the broad ranges that Ford announced, that is, low to mid twenties, with some members even making high twenties. While we do not yet know the results of the federal investigation in the way Ford's announced MPG figures were calculated, it seems safe to conclude that the real world experience of our Forum members confirms that Ford's numbers are not way out of line with what Ranger owners can expect. I take delivery in late-August, and so cannot speak from personal experience, but I am now reasonably confident that my 4x4 off-road equipped Lariat will get MPG in the twenties on my mixed city-freeway daily commute, which is good enough for me and will be a huge improvement over the lifetime average of 17.8 in my present, 1994 Ford Explorer Limited with the naturally aspirated six.

Reactions: Doc

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
So, guys, to sum up, for the technologically challenged (like me), it looks like the MPG figures that members are reporting (with the vehicles' own calculations as well as the members' records) are all over the place, given the varying rigs, two-wheel vs. four-wheel drive, off-road features or not, driving conditions, lead-foot vs. light-foot, loaded or not, hauling or not, mountains, freeways, country roads, etc., but most of them seem, overall, to be within the broad ranges that Ford announced, that is, low to mid twenties, with some members even making high twenties. While we do not yet know the results of the federal investigation in the way Ford's announced MPG figures were calculated, it seems safe to conclude that the real world experience of our Forum members confirms that Ford's numbers are not way out of line with what Ranger owners can expect. I take delivery in late-August, and so cannot speak from personal experience, but I am now reasonably confident that my 4x4 off-road equipped Lariat will get MPG in the twenties on my mixed city-freeway daily commute, which is good enough for me and will be a huge improvement over the lifetime average of 17.8 in my present, 1994 Ford Explorer Limited with the naturally aspirated six.
I think yours is a pretty fair statement. I'm a little over 1500 miles now, with a mix of driving and still stand at a little over 21 as an overall average. One thing I did find out - driving forest service roads, my MPG really tanked. Constantly accelerating, braking, going up hills, etc. I think I got like 16 for those miles, but then after I was back on regular roads and the tank is a little over 20 average - so maybe it wasn't quite as bad as it looked. I was hoping for a little better mileage, but I'm not unhappy with what I'm seeing. It does seem to be squarely in the range that was advertised. And the truck is so much fun to drive!

Daniel Scarbrough

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER FX4 LARIAT W/ SPORT PACKAGE 501A {HOT PEPPER RED}
I commute 60 miles to work. Once there I drive most of the day to appointments in the mountains and AVG 21.5 MPG driving in Sport/Select mode. I use cruise a lot on commute, but drive 75-79 MPH on highway.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I have 1800 miles on my Lariat 4x4 and filled up today. I had 292 miles on this tank, about 40% interstate, 40% state highway (55 to 60 mph), and the rest in-town. Truck's computer said 25.0 mpg; calculating based on amount of gas to fill the tank came out at 24.33 mpg. Very well pleased. Every fill-up has been in the 23 mpg or better range.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I have 1800 miles on my Lariat 4x4 and filled up today. I had 292 miles on this tank, about 40% interstate, 40% state highway (55 to 60 mph), and the rest in-town. Truck's computer said 25.0 mpg; calculating based on amount of gas to fill the tank came out at 24.33 mpg. Very well pleased. Every fill-up has been in the 23 mpg or better range.
292 for a tank????? That sounds low

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
292 for a tank????? That sounds low
Well, obviously, I didn't use a full tank. Divide 292 by the 24.33 mpg and you'll get the 12 gallons it took to fill it up.

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 silverado
When I left the house this morning it said 20.1 on the readout. It went as low as 9.6, then up to 13.7 for the rest of the day. I was in and out of gas wells, and mostly on back roads. A lot of 4wd time too. Mostly 4-low.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
1100 miles, mixed driving conditions. 22.5 mpg’s, premium fuel only. Sidenote: just like with the Focus RS, a noted difference in performance after 1000 miles...
So Joe, looking at your numbers premium is a no brainer If I can go from 17mpg to 22mpg. Thanks

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Bought gas for the first time this morning. I am not sure how "full" the dealer got it, so this is an early estimate. A few days ago I "reset" both trips, so I only have the truck listed average for the last 73 miles (which were highway).
Average from the display: 23.3
Calculated from gas purchase (160 total miles) 17.75
Totally happy with those results considering I only have 186 miles on the truck so far.
I "reset" both trips when I bought the gas, so hopefully have a better base next time I fill up.

MrEd8a

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
What are all the new owners getting for gas mileage?

Thanks

Jake
iI just got mine last week, I have now 240 miles on it however I am concerned because I am getting 15.5 mpg mainly city driving and I am not even revving it passed 2k rpm or flooring it, not sure whats going on

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
iI just got mine last week, I have now 240 miles on it however I am concerned because I am getting 15.5 mpg mainly city driving and I am not even revving it passed 2k rpm or flooring it, not sure whats going on
My ranger is an XL with 2-wheel drive and long bed. So, probably the most fuel efficient one.
Sponsored