2019 Ranger MPGs

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
On the 2nd tank now, running a combined city & highway at about 21 mpg. Air conditioner is still being used here, it's still warm out but we should get a bump later this month, when it cools down a bit.

Lside.jpg
This is running at 6,500' elevation here in Raton, I suspect at lower elevations it may be better...
Sponsored

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
XLT W/ FX4 and the technology package.

Hit 1000 miles on my way back to GR from the east side of the state. Just installed my soft bed cover, and had reset my mileage before heading out. Drove 25mph for about two miles, then about 15 miles at 55 mph, then the rest was at 70+, mainly around 75, but also a good 45 min-hour at 85. Got off the freeways and went less than a mile before stopping. Ended up getting 22 mpg vs the 20 i had on the way there without the bed cover. I also was carrying probably an additional ~200 ish pounds of cargo.

Somehow the vehicle recorded my average speed as 30 mph, even though i spent about two hours of the drive over 70, and only about 15-20 minutes total at speeds below 55... o_O

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
1st Tankful >> Seattle WA. 21 MPG on the nose. mostly 2 lane and freeway run.

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
I ended up doing 29.5 with 530 miles on my first trip but on my second trip i got 31.6 with 570 miles pretty easly all i did was use 91 fuel and kept it at 65 cruise control im pretty sure i could hit 600 if i tried but its not worth it to me

20190831_181426.jpg

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Best hand calculated mileage yet 24.1 all round driving and AC on auto.

Danny Ramirez

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX FX4
Averaging 14.6 ~city miles. I live in a place that you would consider a city, although there’s not a ton of traffic or stop lights.. Just picked up my ranger on Monday (4 days ago), so it only had 137 miles on it total.....

I assume that it is still too early to tell what the actual MPGs are? I drive it really well? And my family complains that I drive really slow, including slow off the line....

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
So far:
Lariat, FX4, completely stock and pretty loaded, 700 miles (as of 9/5/19)
Averaging 19.8 (by display).
I drive city...really pretty gently. Lots of long coasting to traffic lights. Slow starts, speed limit (always do that anyway).

Must admit that I've punched it a few times and HOLY CRAP! This little 4 banger is a beast. I'm completely thrown back in the seat and am amazed how it pulls just as hard in each gear! I traded a 2014 F150, 5.0 L, 6 1/2' bed, FX4. 4" lift on 33's (Ridge Grapplers). 82,000 miles and this Ranger would SMOKE the F150. I'm VERY IMPRESSED. The F150 NEVER pulled in each gear like this truck.

Now, its obviously new and a really, REALLY peppy, fun little truck ("little" is relative to my lifted F150 that weighed and turned like a bus). I'm having fun now and completely expecting the mpgs to tank until I get my Mario Andretti out of my system (showing my age now). I WILL eventually calm down and drive like a human again. I'm sure when I DO drive normal again, the mpgs will increase.

I did recently take a 400 mile round trip that combined 90% highway (adaptive cruise set to 72 mph) and the rest city with a tiny bit (like 5 miles) of off roading to test the 4WD. That trip average mpg was 24.8. Very impressed.

I expect great things from this truck. Looking forward to a loooong relationship with it.

BTW, I've ordered an A.R.E. Z2 topper with the programmed remote (to the Ranger) lock/unlock and roof rails. Should get that soon. I'm sure that'll affect the MPS a bit but, I don't mind. I'm hoping the added weight will lower the rake a little and make it ride a little better although I love the ride and the pep of this truck. Don't experience the "bounce" members talk about.

Very happy.

Added:. I live in South Florida so I run the A/C 100% of the time.

Last edited:

LIMITY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Must admit that I've punched it a few times and HOLY CRAP! This little 4 banger is a beast. I'm completely thrown back in the seat and am amazed how it pulls just as hard in each gear! I traded a 2014 F150, 5.0 L, 6 1/2' bed, FX4. 4" lift on 33's (Ridge Grapplers). 82,000 miles and this Ranger would SMOKE the F150. I'm VERY IMPRESSED. The F150 NEVER pulled in each gear like this truck.
Haha, the same happened to me, especially after putting the MBRP exhaust on. I know it's mostly psychological, the louder exhaust making the truck seem faster.

As much as I love the 2.7 and first gen 3.5 I previously had, the Ranger flies off the line like no other.

langlais

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger 2019 xlt scab
I am averaging 27 mpg so far. Mostly driving in city.But I live in a small town so no real traffic here. Got an xlt supercab sport edition. 27mpg is not hand calculated.

Shadowranger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger and 2013 Volkswagen passat
Occupation
Owner and operator Xplicit wraps
Wow most of you seem to be getting hood numbers. Either o get bad luck with cars or dont know what's going on. I come from a 2015 Volkswagen wagon TDI . Everyone claimed to be getting way over 45 mpgs where I couldn't make it pass 38. And I would be easy on the pedal.
Now with this
2019 lariat fx4 crew cab. I drive an average of 120 miles a day. I cant make it pass 21 mpg. Some tanks are as good as 20.3 but I average 19ish.
No Matter how I drive it. I can baby drive it one complete tank and it be the same as my next tank even if i plunge it.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Wow most of you seem to be getting hood numbers. Either o get bad luck with cars or dont know what's going on. I come from a 2015 Volkswagen wagon TDI . Everyone claimed to be getting way over 45 mpgs where I couldn't make it pass 38. And I would be easy on the pedal.
Now with this
2019 lariat fx4 crew cab. I drive an average of 120 miles a day. I cant make it pass 21 mpg. Some tanks are as good as 20.3 but I average 19ish.
No Matter how I drive it. I can baby drive it one complete tank and it be the same as my next tank even if i plunge it.
Take everyone elses fuel economy as just a reference point. I was averaging low 17's for my city commute, but its relatively short with stop lights and some traffic. And thats driving it trying to use best practices for fuel economy. I would guess most of the really good mpg numbers are under very ideal conditions. Also keep in mind, most of the computers seems to be at least 1 mpg off by overestimating. In a 375mile all highway run with cruise control, the computer said I got 25.4mpg, but hand calculated was 23.8ish.
Sponsored