First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
All, my beautiful truck began blowing nothing but heat, no matter how I adjusted it on the driver's side. I tried everything to no avail. I searched the internet and sure enough others were having this same issue and it was just not the Ranger but nearly every modern car made in the last five years (apparently many makes and models all use this same assembly). The issue turned out to be the Housing/Heater Assembly. This is not a repair for the faint of heart as to replace assembly which is under the dash and connected to the core in the engine compartment. I had to leave my Ranger with the dealer for over a week despite the job being labeled 4.4 billable hours. My warranty was expired but fortunately my extended warranty covered the repair. I was told that it would have cost between $1400-$1700 and I am guessing by how long it took them I would have had the higher charge.

2019 Ranger Climate Control SSM.jpg

2019 Ranger Climate Control SSM Hours.jpg
Who did the work?

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
It is working perfectly now!!! I am told the replacement assembly has a new design that so far has not be prone to this failure. I had not heard of anyone on here with this issue but if you search on Google for 2019 Ford Ranger Driver's Side Heat...there are a lot of posts about the issue. What surprised me is the number of vehicles that also had the same problem.
I had the same issue with my 2019. Had the reapir done last April and it's been no isues since. It is a big job! They have to pul the entire dash out.

Egg69

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Systems Analyst for Bonsall Unified School District
All, my beautiful truck began blowing nothing but heat, no matter how I adjusted it on the driver's side. I tried everything to no avail. I searched the internet and sure enough others were having this same issue and it was just not the Ranger but nearly every modern car made in the last five years (apparently many makes and models all use this same assembly). The issue turned out to be the Housing/Heater Assembly. This is not a repair for the faint of heart as to replace assembly which is under the dash and connected to the core in the engine compartment. I had to leave my Ranger with the dealer for over a week despite the job being labeled 4.4 billable hours. My warranty was expired but fortunately my extended warranty covered the repair. I was told that it would have cost between $1400-$1700 and I am guessing by how long it took them I would have had the higher charge.

2019 Ranger Climate Control SSM.jpg

2019 Ranger Climate Control SSM Hours.jpg
I actually traded in my 2011 F150 FX4 that was fully loaded in a large part due to this exact problem. The part was like $50, but almost $2000 with labor. So lames!

OP
OP
hughesjv

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I actually traded in my 2011 F150 FX4 that was fully loaded in a large part due to this exact problem. The part was like $50, but almost $2000 with labor. So lames!
When you see what all has to be done to replace that part it helps explain the labor. The service bulletin said 4.4 hours but honestly it seems like much more than that for two guys. JMHO...

Egg69

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Systems Analyst for Bonsall Unified School District
It would never be the same if I did that myself. lol. Creaks and squeaks I'm sure! I actually saw a video that showed how to do it without completely disassembling the dashboard, but it looked like a major pain in the ass as well!

BillinPCB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Miata, 2019 Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT, 2019 Ford F53 Motorhome
My '19 did it last spring and I did the DIY fix even though I had an extended warranty. I thought the dealer would mess it more and it would rattle/squeak afterwards. But I solved that issue now permanently when it was totaled and now have a '23. lol

BillinPCB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Miata, 2019 Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT, 2019 Ford F53 Motorhome
What is the DIY fix?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads