2019 Ranger First Mechanical Failure

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
All, my beautiful truck began blowing nothing but heat, no matter how I adjusted it on the driver's side. I tried everything to no avail. I searched the internet and sure enough others were having this same issue and it was just not the Ranger but nearly every modern car made in the last five years (apparently many makes and models all use this same assembly). The issue turned out to be the Housing/Heater Assembly. This is not a repair for the faint of heart as to replace assembly which is under the dash and connected to the core in the engine compartment. I had to leave my Ranger with the dealer for over a week despite the job being labeled 4.4 billable hours. My warranty was expired but fortunately my extended warranty covered the repair. I was told that it would have cost between $1400-$1700 and I am guessing by how long it took them I would have had the higher charge.

2019 Ranger Climate Control SSM.jpg

2019 Ranger Climate Control SSM Hours.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
hughesjv

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jim, there are several others on here who have had this issue and it is the reason I purchased the extended warranty. Hopefully, you will have air conditioning now! :whew:
It is working perfectly now!!! I am told the replacement assembly has a new design that so far has not be prone to this failure. I had not heard of anyone on here with this issue but if you search on Google for 2019 Ford Ranger Driver's Side Heat...there are a lot of posts about the issue. What surprised me is the number of vehicles that also had the same problem.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
It is working perfectly now!!! I am told the replacement assembly has a new design that so far has not be prone to this failure. I had not heard of anyone on here with this issue but if you search on Google for 2019 Ford Ranger Driver's Side Heat...there are a lot of posts about the issue. What surprised me is the number of vehicles that also had the same problem.
Good to hear it works! I didn't know it affected other vehicles too. The company that makes theses should step up and fix them when they fail.

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
It's a well known issue and plagues 2019-2020(Q2) models

My understanding is the revised part (HVAC assembly case) does correct the issue. Big job...complete dash removal ...a day maybe a day and a half job

Happened with my 2019 Scab and was addressed under warranty...revised part caused no issues....since traded in on a '21 Screw I'm now at the same mileage and no HVAC issues

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an Oct build 2020 scab. Gonna cross my fingers.
*Edit* 2019-2020 Rangers built on or before July 30, 2020

I'm sure there are a few anomalies out there....but it is a prevalent problem.

As others say the extended warranty would pay for itself just with this one replacement IF needed

Being October I think you should be fine...I do believe the issues went to 2020 March / April

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Jim, there are several others on here who have had this issue and it is the reason I purchased the extended warranty. Hopefully, you will have air conditioning now! :whew:
Same here!

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I'm sure there are a few anomalies out there....but it is a prevalent problem.

As others say the extended warranty would pay for itself just with this one replacement IF needed

Being October I think you should be fine...I do believe the issues went to 2020 March / April
Copy that. The bulletin said 2019-20 built before June 2020, I think it said, or apr-may like you mention. I've always been of the mind to not buy extended warranties because they rarely pay for themselves... until they do. I'm just willing to take the chance, but $1700 would be a big pill to swallow, that's for sure.

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Copy that. The bulletin said 2019-20 built before June 2020, I think it said, or apr-may like you mention. I've always been of the mind to not buy extended warranties because they rarely pay for themselves... until they do. I'm just willing to take the chance, but $1700 would be a big pill to swallow, that's for sure.
Yes, sorry I didn't update quick enough...your affected build dates are correct.

I don't have extended warranty either...but I am looking into the future here shortly as I rather enjoy my Tremor and really can't afford anything more at this point.

If it makes you feel any better with regards to extended warranty....I have never had a problem with my current '21 ranger that would require warranty claim.....that said with the '19 Scab I traded in....I had the HVAC issue fixed and the rear defrost window replaced (plastic sliding window clasp broke) it was a piece molded to the window and required the entire window to be removed.... according to my dealer the total cost for both parts and labor would have put me close into the 4000 / 4500 cdn price to replace...I was 1500km away from bumper to bumper warranty expiration

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My '19 did it last spring and I did the DIY fix even though I had an extended warranty. I thought the dealer would mess it more and it would rattle/squeak afterwards. But I solved that issue now permanently when it was totaled and now have a '23. lol

OP
OP
hughesjv

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My '19 did it last spring and I did the DIY fix even though I had an extended warranty. I thought the dealer would mess it more and it would rattle/squeak afterwards. But I solved that issue now permanently when it was totaled and now have a '23. lol
That's a hard way to solve a climate assembly issue, oh my!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's a hard way to solve a climate assembly issue, oh my!
Tell me about it. lol But at least no one was injured, I got a new Tremor out of it so it all worked out for the best in the end.
Sponsored