First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Phil, I dropped my subscription to Motor Trend in 1972 when they picked the Chevrolet Vega as their car of the year, and I bought one. :crying:
I had an uncle who traded his faithful '63 Falcon wagon (with God knows how many miles on it) for a brand new '76 Vega wagon. That Chevy redefined the phrase "lemon", when asked about the car he would tell people " It's a great race car, the body and drivetrain are in a race to see who will self destruct first"...lol

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I had an uncle who traded his faithful '63 Falcon wagon (with God knows how many miles on it) for a brand new '76 Vega wagon. That Chevy redefined the phrase "lemon", when asked about the car he would tell people " It's a great race car, the body and drivetrain are in a race to see who will self destruct first"...lol
I told people that when I pulled up to the pump I told the pump jockey to "Fill it up, and check the gas". :) I don't know where all of that oil went, because I never saw the dang thing blowing smoke. I never changed the oil, just the filter. The oil didn't stay in it long enough to get old.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I told people that when I pulled up to the pump I told the pump jockey to "Fill it up, and check the gas". :) I don't know where all of that oil went, because I never saw the dang thing blowing smoke. I never changed the oil, just the filter. The oil didn't stay in it long enough to get old.
I worked as a gas jockey when I was 21-22 or so and remember a repeat customer who drove an ancient Studebaker station wagon as a cab. He would ask me to "check the gas and fill the crankcase".
When all was done it took several minutes of cranking the inline 6 to get it to fire, once it was running it billowed so much smoke that you could barely see the car! I'm sure the exhaust system lasted a long time on that poor thing...

1911tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru/2020 Ranger
Just don't look at the new March issue of Consumer reports annual all auto/truck issue.....they praise the 2021 Honda Ridgeline pickup as the best pickup ever.......and its not even a pickup...!!! Just hard to comprehend. Note they see the Tacoma and Ranger very close, but far down the evaluation road from the Ridgeline.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Just don't look at the new March issue of Consumer reports annual all auto/truck issue.....they praise the 2021 Honda Ridgeline pickup as the best pickup ever.......and its not even a pickup...!!! Just hard to comprehend. Note they see the Tacoma and Ranger very close, but far down the evaluation road from the Ridgeline.
The show Motor Week also proclaimed it as the Medium Pickup of the Year. How fitting for 2020! :lipssealed:

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Ya well, it is a mid sized truck. :shock:
Sponsored