OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Here in Minnesota E15 - 88 octane is nearly everywhere, is one of your tunes optimized for that grade?
Not a problem, we offer tunes for all octanes 87-93+ and E30 for guys looking to run a blend of E85 and premium fuels as well. These turbocharged trucks are also 91+ octane premium fuel suggested right from the factory as Ford mentions in their owner's manuals, so running 91 or higher would definitely provide you with better performance when compared to lower octane fuels. They also mention that 87 is physically the bare minimum you can run without causing engine damage or voiding warranty. The higher the octane the slower the burn and the more efficient and powerful the vehicle can become. The ECU targets timing and boost for premium fuels even stock and then they see knock and pull back timing / boost as needed to adjust for low octane fuels, usually losing somewhere in the 12-15% HP range from what they'd make on premium fuel stock.

But no worries we normally send tunes for 87-89 and 91-93+ octane along with the towing tune standard so you'd have the ability to switch tunes and fuel any time you need. Feel free to give us a call and we'd be happy to help explain things a bit further in depth or to place an order as well. 313-561-5500 ext 1.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Anthony,

I was going to place my order today and noticed the price went back up to $600. Any chance of a sale coming up soon?

@Livernois Motorsports
I haven't checked their site in a while but every time I did it's been $500 since last spring. Hopefully there's a sale soon as it's a great tune and you'll really like it.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I haven't checked their site in a while but every time I did it's been $500 since last spring. Hopefully there's a sale soon as it's a great tune and you'll really like it.
Yeah I know, I was surprised it was changed, oh well shouldve pulled the trigger sooner! Ill be patient and wait for a sale, looking forward to it.

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
the not supporting mac just ruined this for me :( all I have is macs lol

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
the not supporting mac just ruined this for me :( all I have is macs lol
Same here, everything I own now is Mac. I really wanted this tune so I had a friend download it for me on his PC and went to his place to upload/download it. Maybe you can find someone who has a PC because it's a really great tune.

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Same here, everything I own now is Mac. I really wanted this tune so I had a friend download it for me on his PC and went to his place to upload/download it. Maybe you can find someone who has a PC because it's a really great tune.
Yea I have some who wouldnt mind. But I want to be able to download or change tunes when I want and not have to go somewhere to change or update everytime lol

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yea I have some who wouldnt mind. But I want to be able to download or change tunes when I want and not have to go somewhere to change or update everytime lol
Once the original is uploaded to them they will download all the tunes to the PC. From there you connect the MyCal tuner to the PC and the tunes go to that. So now if you want to change tunes you just connect the MyCal tuner box to the ODB port. You don't need the PC anymore except if they do updates or have new tunes. I just keep the MyCal in my glovebox.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Here are the instructions on how to upload & download the tunes. Basically you don't need the PC after the initial download and upload.

https://www.livernoismotorsports.co...Livernois_MyCalibrator_Touch_Instructions.pdf
That’s good info to have. I may just do that. I have a gaming pc I’m finishing building that I could use too if it’s just a one time thing. I’ve been debating on this tune a long with oz or just Ford. Only considering FP for “warranty” and because I can get it about $300 cheaper then retail. I only want to give the little more pep for the new suspension and weight I’m adding on. Idc about going fast honestly.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That’s good info to have. I may just do that. I have a gaming pc I’m finishing building that I could use too if it’s just a one time thing. I’ve been debating on this tune a long with oz or just Ford. Only considering FP for “warranty” and because I can get it about $300 cheaper then retail. I only want to give the little more pep for the new suspension and weight I’m adding on. Idc about going fast honestly.
I don't care about going fast either but it sure is nice to have it there if/when you want it. It really adjusts all the shift points and wakes this 2.3 right up. It's nice you get all 5 of their tunes so you can decide which one you like best.

Just remember too that the Ford warranty is only good if you have a certified tech instal it and IIRC its around $180 so that'll add to the cost. If you have any questions I would also call Livernois and ask for Anthony he's very helpful but so are all the rest of them there. With Memorial Day coming up they just might be having a sale which usually brings it down to $500.

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
I don't care about going fast either but it sure is nice to have it there if/when you want it. It really adjusts all the shift points and wakes this 2.3 right up. It's nice you get all 5 of their tunes so you can decide which one you like best.

Just remember too that the Ford warranty is only good if you have a certified tech instal it and IIRC its around $180 so that'll add to the cost. If you have any questions I would also call Livernois and ask for Anthony he's very helpful but so are all the rest of them there. With Memorial Day coming up they just might be having a sale which usually brings it down to $500.
if they have it drop to that I may have to pull the trigger. I haven’t changed anything performance wise yet. But the truck is only 8 days old lol and about 4 grand into it thus far. Trying to have it 80% complete by our big labor day trip

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Do you know if I can swap between any of the tunes and stock mode? I ask because that’s one thing I’ve always loved when I did cars and an access port. There were a few times I had to go into dealership and had to flash it back to stock for safe keeping haha

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Do you know if I can swap between any of the tunes and stock mode? I ask because that’s one thing I’ve always loved when I did cars and an access port. There were a few times I had to go into dealership and had to flash it back to stock for safe keeping haha
Yes you can flash back and forth very easy. Just plug the MyCal into the ODB port and touch which tune you want to load. They only take a couple minutes to flash between tunes. When I go off road I usually flash back to the stock tune so it's not so aggressive.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You just touch programming and on the next screen you will see all your tunes. From there you just touch which tune you want to load and wait until it says complete.

IMG_3488.jpg
Sponsored