2 different view points on the 2024 Ranger

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I'm just basing it off of my experience with VW. I bought a new 2016 GTI S, which is the base model, roughly a $25k car, and it came with heated seats and mirrors standard. Most of the VW lineup does with one or two odd balls. I just find it ridiculous a $40k truck doesn't have that as standard. I don't use them often but sometimes Oklahoma winter weather, they're needed, especially the heated mirrors for the ice. Curious what other Manufacturers do as well both foreign and domestic.
I’m pretty sure Kia/hyundai, Toyota, and most of the European luxury brands. Kia and Hyundai have by far the most standard options that would be premium on most other brands barring luxury.
Sponsored

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
The 6G I ordered is right at $40,000 and has heated seats. It's a 4x2. The cheapest 4x4 Ranger with heated seats you can get is $42135. Not a deal killer for me, but I'm surprised that they aren't all keyless entry.
My truck needs have changed a bit and I wanted a Supercrew. They had already announced the '24s when I ordered (July), so I figured I'd wait on the new ones. (I didn't think I'd still be waiting.)
If my '21 were a SuperCrew, I doubt I'd be trading it in, but I don't get all the 6G smack talk on here. When you still could, I priced a '23 SuperCrew vs a '24 SuperCrew with as similar options as I could and the prices weren't any higher than the year to year mark-ups I've seen on other vehicles.

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
I’m holding out for the Tremor package myself. Even if it’s several years down the road. I know that it hasn’t been officially announced, but Ford would be dumb to not make it. I like the idea of the new Raptor, but the base price is a little off putting….that, and I would never use it for what it is intended for.
I with you on that. I wouldn't want full time 4wd, and the 12 mpg that goes with that engine. I think maybe the issue might be is if you start opting the Lariat w/Tremor package and the options that are standard on the Raptor, the price gets awfully close. Real Close.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I with you on that. I wouldn't want full time 4wd, and the 12 mpg that goes with that engine. I think maybe the issue might be is if you start opting the Lariat w/Tremor package and the options that are standard on the Raptor, the price gets awfully close. Real Close.
Agree with you but a couple of things come to my mind.

1) A Tremor Lariat w/ 2.7 should still have the 7,500 / 750 trailer / hitch rating. The Raptor drops that to 5,500 / 550, which is a deal breaker if (like me) you tow a travel trailer. My 5,000 lbs gross weight trailer has a tongue weight closer to 750 lbs (though in therory less with a WDH). A Raptor isn't ideal to tow that. The Tremor 2.7 could tow it better than my 5G Ranger and have almost all the fun of the Raptor.

2) Depending on your dealer connection or lack of, a Raptor is going to get marked way up, sadly. I priced a Raptor I'd want at $58k MSRP, IIRC, but most would be paying $10k or more over that. I do have a dealer family connection and could get a Raptor without the @ss raping, but due to #1 above, I'm more likely to go the Tremor 2.7 route when I need to replace my 2021 Ranger.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
It's not longer. The front axle was kicked out 2 in to accommodate the V6, but the overall length is the same 210.6 in as the 5G.
But the article says longer wheelbase and wider track? There were articles saying everything, width, length height all increased?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
But the article says longer wheelbase and wider track? There were articles saying everything, width, length height all increased?
The overall length is actually 0.2in less than the 5G. It is wider and other dimensions have changed as well:
2021 RANGER SPECS.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 08.37.55.jpg

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I'm just basing it off of my experience with VW. I bought a new 2016 GTI S, which is the base model, roughly a $25k car, and it came with heated seats and mirrors standard. Most of the VW lineup does with one or two odd balls. I just find it ridiculous a $40k truck doesn't have that as standard. I don't use them often but sometimes Oklahoma winter weather, they're needed, especially the heated mirrors for the ice. Curious what other Manufacturers do as well both foreign and domestic.
Then that truck would be $42. Living in the south, I have no need for heated seats, mirrors or steering. Add those as standard features would mean increasing the price for something I don't need or want. What if they made 4x4 standard and starting prices at $36,315 (6G XL 4x4)? How many would be willing to pay the extra $3555 for something they don't want or need?

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
Agree with you but a couple of things come to my mind.

1) A Tremor Lariat w/ 2.7 should still have the 7,500 / 750 trailer / hitch rating. The Raptor drops that to 5,500 / 550, which is a deal breaker if (like me) you tow a travel trailer. My 5,000 lbs gross weight trailer has a tongue weight closer to 750 lbs (though in therory less with a WDH). A Raptor isn't ideal to tow that. The Tremor 2.7 could tow it better than my 5G Ranger and have almost all the fun of the Raptor.

2) Depending on your dealer connection or lack of, a Raptor is going to get marked way up, sadly. I priced a Raptor I'd want at $58k MSRP, IIRC, but most would be paying $10k or more over that. I do have a dealer family connection and could get a Raptor without the @ss raping, but due to #1 above, I'm more likely to go the Tremor 2.7 route when I need to replace my 2021 Ranger.
I do hope you're right and they come out with one. It would be my next truck. Until, then I only have 17K on my 2021 Tremor and a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty. At this rate I would be less than 75,000 miles in 2031.

And yes, one of my frat brothers from school owns a dealership here. He sold me my 2021 Tremor at sticker and I got an additional $2250 in rebate. Which is painful to my brother in law who owns a GMC dealership.

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
Well i wanta see the 24 in person but still nothing local yet. Still it has me curious about what could be swapped over from 6g to 5g knowing that Ford would try being cheap lol

Reactions: Doc

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
While I admire the new Rangers (and would LOVE to have a Raptor, hehe), honestly, I'm totally happy with my 22 Supercab STX FX2. Pretty bare bones but it has everything I need and makes me very happy. Plus, it's the lightest version, weighing in at just over 4,000 lbs. so it's got plenty of pep. I'd consider a new one, maybe, if they had Supercab option AND I could get the 2.7 in the base STX package. That would be cool. I'm not a fan of the digital gauge cluster in the STX version though the higher trim's cluster is pretty cool. The longer wheelbase and the outside mounted rear dampers seem like an improvement on paper at least. I do like that you can still get a rear locker on the STX. Mine got me home in a vicious snowstorm back in February so it's a must have in my book.
And mine was a frog's hair over $30k new. The pricing is getting up there. But I hope everyone enjoys whatever they have including the new ones. The one thing those have that mine doesn't anymore is that new truck smell, haha.
To each their own but I absolutely LOVE my Ranger. Blue Dream.
I've also included a picture of my old one that I drove for 23 years (bought new in 11/99 for $15.5k) so you can understand why I'm magically content with my new one.
Peace,
Chris
20221007_183335.jpg
20221101_163745.jpg

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
While I admire the new Rangers (and would LOVE to have a Raptor, hehe), honestly, I'm totally happy with my 22 Supercab STX FX2. Pretty bare bones but it has everything I need and makes me very happy. Plus, it's the lightest version, weighing in at just over 4,000 lbs. so it's got plenty of pep. I'd consider a new one, maybe, if they had Supercab option AND I could get the 2.7 in the base STX package. That would be cool. I'm not a fan of the digital gauge cluster in the STX version though the higher trim's cluster is pretty cool. The longer wheelbase and the outside mounted rear dampers seem like an improvement on paper at least. I do like that you can still get a rear locker on the STX. Mine got me home in a vicious snowstorm back in February so it's a must have in my book.
And mine was a frog's hair over $30k new. The pricing is getting up there. But I hope everyone enjoys whatever they have including the new ones. The one thing those have that mine doesn't anymore is that new truck smell, haha.
To each their own but I absolutely LOVE my Ranger. Blue Dream.
I've also included a picture of my old one that I drove for 23 years (bought new in 11/99 for $15.5k) so you can understand why I'm magically content with my new one.
Peace,
Chris
20221007_183335.jpg
20221101_163745.jpg
We will just have to wait and see what the future hold for 6G beyond MY24.
Will we get a SCAB?
Will we get a Tremor?
Will the 2.7L be available in all trims?

By the way, the 6G wheelbase is only 1.9" longer, not enough to notice anything.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
We will just have to wait and see what the future hold for 6G beyond MY24.
Will we get a SCAB?
Will we get a Tremor?
Will the 2.7L be available in all trims?

By the way, the 6G wheelbase is only 1.9" longer, not enough to notice anything.
Give them 1.9" and they'll take... well you know the rest of the saying. :crackup:

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Still it has me curious about what could be swapped over from 6g to 5g
Hoping some of the black interior bits from the Raptor, specifically the sun visors, can be swapped.
Sponsored