2.5 level kit suspension noise?!?!?

mukappa96

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/2019 Edge ST/2003 cobra mustang
Hello fellow Ranger owners, Living in the Midwest we are powering through a "cold stretch" and with the low temps (close to zero) I have noticed a squeaking noise coming from both sides of front suspension with the 2.5 Rough County level kit. Everything is still driving handling the same just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Later this week we are supposed to warm up so we'll see if that causes the nose to dissipate, I will update. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

picture for attentions;)

20210215_083724.jpg
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Hello fellow Ranger owners, Living in the Midwest we are powering through a "cold stretch" and with the low temps (close to zero) I have noticed a squeaking noise coming from both sides of front suspension with the 2.5 Rough County level kit. Everything is still driving handling the same just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Later this week we are supposed to warm up so we'll see if that causes the nose to dissipate, I will update. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

picture for attentions;)

20210215_083724.jpg
Cold spell? I woke up to -11 this morning with a -25 windcill. Looking for a high of 3 today.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It could be so many things but hopefully, it’s just the rubber control arm or anti-sway bar bushings complaining about the weather.

If you’re able to, you might want to get under it and double-check that the anti-sway bar mounting bolts are tight - they are often loosened when installing level kits/removing struts.

kendoe23

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
HVAC

picture for attentions;)

20210215_083724.jpg
Mine is having the same issue, did you ever figure out what it was?

Reactions: Doc

bobobama

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX2
Occupation
Retired (and loving it!)
I'll rephrase.....cold for us MO folks:LOL:
Not sure where you are in Missouri, but if we get a snow like that here in St. Louis it might last one or two days then melts to slush, and temps go right back up in the 40's. I have heard though Kirksville referred to as the North Pole of Missouri.

I miss a real honest-to-you know who snowfallâť„âť„âť„.

OP
OP
mukappa96

mukappa96

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/2019 Edge ST/2003 cobra mustang
Mine is having the same issue, did you ever figure out what it was?
Nope never put a finger on the issue, guess we'll see if it happens again this winter.
Sponsored