18's vs 17

• Thread starter Deleted member 15875
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8

Deleted member 15875

Wondering if someone might know the reason the Lariat's have 18's when all the other trims are 17? At least I think all Lariat's are 18's. Less sidewall flex was what they were aiming for perhaps?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Not all Lariats have 18s.
1664531351603.png
Sports package adds magnetic 17s

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Appearantly so. Wonder the reasoning. 18's might be better suited for road vs off-road perhaps?
I prefer 17s for off roading more tire wall. Also more tire options with 17s than 18s cheaper too. My previous Mustang had 19s which is perfect size for performance but terrible for tire selections.

OP
OP

Deleted member 15875

I prefer 17s for off roading more tire wall. Also more tire options with 17s than 18s cheaper too. My previous Mustang had 19s which is perfect size for performance but terrible for tire selections.
Makes sense. I like your white Ranger look. I couldn't find a white one nearby. I'm so impressed with how the Ranger drives on pavement. Haven't been offroad yet. Mushy brakes are my only real complaint at this time.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
FX4 trim Lariats have 17" wheels and 18" wheels are available on XLT that don't have FX4.

It's generally considered that more sidewall is better for off road. The smaller sidewall will give sharper handling at the expense of sidewall flex.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
FX4 trim Lariats have 17" wheels
Nope; the lariat comes with 18s by default, FX4 doesn't change that. If you add the sport appearance package then it comes with 17s, but you can then change to different 18s for another $900. I think the tremor is similar to the sport package, but I can't even currently select one on the build & price right now to check.

The 18s are there because there's more wheel bling, that's it. I'd be happier with 17s but I didn't like the look of the sport appearance package with the lightning blue and I certainly wasn't going to pay $900 for different paint that I didn't particularly like just to get smaller wheels.

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
All the cool kids have 16’s.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Nope; the lariat comes with 18s by default, FX4 doesn't change that. If you add the sport appearance package then it comes with 17s, but you can then change to different 18s for another $900. I think the tremor is similar to the sport package, but I can't even currently select one on the build & price right now to check.

The 18s are there because there's more wheel bling, that's it. I'd be happier with 17s but I didn't like the look of the sport appearance package with the lightning blue and I certainly wasn't going to pay $900 for different paint that I didn't particularly like just to get smaller wheels.
Yup, you're correct.

I was thinking of the Sport package.

Don't tell my wife I was wrong...:oops: