Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Don't be discouraged Matt, We all didn't get perfect trucks. BUT we did get the best performing mid-size with all the modern conveniences at that.

One thing about electronics. If it lasts six months it will mostly last for a long long time. Early failures in electronic circuits are more common than later failures.
Sponsored

OP
OP
808matt

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
Don't be discouraged Matt, We all didn't get perfect trucks. BUT we did get the best performing mid-size with all the modern conveniences at that.

One thing about electronics. If it lasts six months it will mostly last for a long long time. Early failures in electronic circuits are more common than later failures.
Only thing discouraging is that I waited 4 months only to enjoy the truck for 6 days. The service at the dealership sucked but still love the truck

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Only thing discouraging is that I waited 4 months only to enjoy the truck for 6 days. The service at the dealership sucked but still love the truck
Yeah I feel ya. My truck has 1600 miles. I am still in the new electronics "Danger Zone" But even so it beats the Tacoma by a mile. My expectations are in check. I figure I will have a warranty issue sooner or later. My dealer has a decent service dept once you get past the Service Advisors. Actually, I Did have a fit and finish issue I ended up fixing myself adjusting the hood latch, Buy this time with my 2016 Tacoma I had multiple issues.

Last edited:

newmantjn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer
Well, it could be worse, quality wise. You could have bought a Toyota, Nissan, Chevrolet, or any other Mid-Size Pickup.

JDPower.PNG

OP
OP
808matt

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update.... Finally got my truck back after 2 weeks. Service adviser just jerked me around and told me what I wanted to hear to get me off his back. 3x he told me my new sensor is being delivered and truck will be ready.. picked it up and the asshat avoided me like the plague. Still love the truck but the way ford treats it’s customers is highly disappointing. Not saying ford is a no go for me in the future but it certainly pushes me back to Toyota in the future

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Update.... Finally got my truck back after 2 weeks. Service adviser just jerked me around and told me what I wanted to hear to get me off his back. 3x he told me my new sensor is being delivered and truck will be ready.. picked it up and the asshat avoided me like the plague. Still love the truck but the way ford treats it’s customers is highly disappointing. Not saying ford is a no go for me in the future but it certainly pushes me back to Toyota in the future
That is a dealer issue, not a Ford issue. It sucks, but there are bad dealers. You just have to find a good dealer to work with. And they are definitely out there.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That is a dealer issue, not a Ford issue. It sucks, but there are bad dealers. You just have to find a good dealer to work with. And they are definitely out there.
Hi Rob,

Correct! Dealer issue, not Ford, however I strongly advise contacting Ford Customer Service and filing a formal complaint against the Dealer and the Service Person. I would also contact the Dealer's Customer Service Dept and file a complaint against this individual. Then go to Google and give the Dealership a one star with explanation of being rudely treated by a Service advisor.

I kept telling my Engineers to do it right so customers can avoid the Dealership Service experience as they are so often so horrible as all you folks can see from the above.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Hi Rob,

Correct! Dealer issue, not Ford, however I strongly advise contacting Ford Customer Service and filing a formal complaint against the Dealer and the Service Person. I would also contact the Dealer's Customer Service Dept and file a complaint against this individual. Then go to Google and give the Dealership a one star with explanation of being rudely treated by a Service advisor.

I kept telling my Engineers to do it right so customers can avoid the Dealership Service experience as they are so often so horrible as all you folks can see from the above.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I wish Ford would understand how consumers associate all of their experiences, from researching which vehicles to buy, ordering, purchasing, maintenance, repairing, and ultimately selling or disposing, with the brand. We think the people designing, building, selling, and repairing all represent the brand. All it takes is one weak link, and consumers can become disenchanted. I have been moved to write Corporate about the woefully inadequate customer service I have experienced. I like my truck very much, and I paid a good amount of money to get it built the way I wanted. Unfortunately, not all the people I have had to deal with treated me very well.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
We recently had an experience with Vroom car sales that so far has paid off.
I won’t go into a long detailed description but,
Missed the delivery date by two weeks.
When it did arrive 2015 BMW X3 one lug nut missing, two nuts were not tight, one taillight was out.
The wheel without the lug nut had no wheel weights, obviously felt when driving.
Took to have a rebalance on all four (been driving it for two weeks)
The tire on the wheel without weights and one nut missing had the tread separated with the steel belt showing.
Failed to have tags ready before temp tag expired.

Extremely pissed my son had four new tires mounted. Prepared a nasty but polite email with pictures to every upper management staff within Vroom. Must of had 15 names on it, describing every issue and the threat of an accident due to this tire.

Vroom apologized and reimbursed him for the new set of tires. They had already sent a new taillight prior to the tire incident and paid for the lug nut.

Sorry for going off topic.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
S
So true. I have 5 Ford dealers within a 10 mile radius of my home. But, I deal with one that is 20 miles from home because of the service before and after the sale, whether it is a new or used vehicle.

OP
OP
808matt

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree. Unfortunately we only have 3 here on Oahu. I figured things should have been expedited due to it being brand new. Will never go back to them but will try out the other 2

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. Unfortunately we only have 3 here on Oahu. I figured things should have been expedited due to it being brand new. Will never go back to them but will try out the other 2
The problem is that you don't REALLY know what the dealer is like until/unless things go bad or you have problems. That is where the good from the bad really come out. But you can have good service departments with bad sales departments or vice versa. It is hard to pick a dealer for sure. We've been fortunate to have pretty good dealer experiences, both on the sales side of things and the service side with a few different dealers.

OP
OP
808matt

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For fuck sakes. Anyone else constantly getting rerouted to another spam page?

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
For fuck sakes. Anyone else constantly getting rerouted to another spam page?
Yes when i use my iPad had to change it up and use my Mac. . ..

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes when i use my iPad had to change it up and use my Mac. . ..
I have no idea what either of you are referring to. Are you referring to spam pages when attempting to access the forum here? If so, I would guess your computer has been infected with malware.
Sponsored