13.77 quarter mile on first outting!!

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Mine does the same thing. I tap the button once to disable TC and then hold it down and it says its disabling the advance trac but then when I try and have fun it will flash and cut power like stated. But if I lock the rear diff I can do whatever I want until you hit the 20mph threshold and the rear diff unlocks again. Always has kind of irked me.
Theres comfort in knowing Im not the only one but it does really bother me. Hoping there will be a way to change this somehow.
Sponsored

OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Aside from the hot humid weather....I will be shooting for 12's on Friday night!! Did a little weight reduction and a little more tuning since the last outing. The truck is pulling super hard and putting the drag radials to the test. A little less weight and some better aerodynamics would surely help....lol...

Reactions: Doc

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
Aside from the hot humid weather....I will be shooting for 12's on Friday night!! Did a little weight reduction and a little more tuning since the last outing. The truck is pulling super hard and putting the drag radials to the test. A little less weight and some better aerodynamics would surely help....lol...
Can't wait to see the results man! It's amazing how much of a turd these things are on a stock tune. I had to flash mine back to stock to change some settings with Forscan and havent reloaded my tune yet. But everytime I mash the gas now its SUPER disappointing lol

OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Can't wait to see the results man! It's amazing how much of a turd these things are on a stock tune. I had to flash mine back to stock to change some settings with Forscan and havent reloaded my tune yet. But everytime I mash the gas now its SUPER disappointing lol
I couldn't imagine being on a stock tune...lol...

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
What Drag Radial wheel and tire are you using ?
Regards

OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
What Drag Radial wheel and tire are you using ?
Regards
I'm using Fuel wheels like my setup I normally run. Weight wise it was real similar to stock. And Nitto NT05 is what I'm running as it is the closest to stock that I could find.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I'm using Fuel wheels like my setup I normally run. Weight wise it was real similar to stock. And Nitto NT05 is what I'm running as it is the closest to stock that I could find.
Thanks, what is the diameter of the tire, mine are 30.5” stock
regards

OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Thanks, what is the diameter of the tire, mine are 30.5” stock
regards
I want to say just under 30". And width is a hair wider than stock so not lot of drag but a little stickier. I wish I would have went with a 17" wheel instead of 20"....grrrr

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I want to say just under 30". And width is a hair wider than stock so not lot of drag but a little stickier. I wish I would have went with a 17" wheel instead of 20"....grrrr
That’s my problem, the slick has to be the same height, do they make the tire for a 17” wheel at the same height ?my research at this sucks...the problem is the 6 bolt pattern..
Regards

OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
That’s my problem, the slick has to be the same height, do they make the tire for a 17” wheel at the same height ?
Regards
I don't know. I do know it doesn't have to be exact...I had about 1.5" difference in tire height and everything was fine. At 2.5" the ABS went nuts....lol..

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I don't know. I do know it doesn't have to be exact...I had about 1.5" difference in tire height and everything was fine. At 2.5" the ABS went nuts....lol..
Yeah this is a real problem..I won’t go to a smaller diameter tire ..go higher or lower , you lose both ways ...do a 12 second run and I’m sold..I’m @ 13.99 stock, we will see what happens after the suspension is done...I will be able be able to transfer the weight to the back wheels ..
Regards
Sponsored

Last edited: