RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
You might try and do a master reset on the Sync3 system and see if that unsticks it. I had trouble until I did a master reset and then it all worked fine.
Sponsored

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
You might try and do a master reset on the Sync3 system and see if that unsticks it. I had trouble until I did a master reset and then it all worked fine.
Worth a try. Also, ours was activated by the dealer at the time we took delivery. I remember it took a few tries even though he never had to do a master reset, so if you've already set a bunch of stuff you don't want to lose, you might want to just try the process a few times. Maybe Ford's servers get slow at times or something like that.

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
All of its functions? You think it will have free WiFi hotspot?
Probably not :/ . The hotspot is a high-bandwidth service, only the low-bandwidth telemetry and control are likely to be free indefinitely. As the article points out, they will use it to generate revenue in other ways, like directing you to the nearest dealer when it senses it's time for an oil change, etc.

JPB237

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Thanks for the reply , can you tell me how to do a master reset ? Thanks

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
If your sync3 system isn't completely frozen, it's in one of the settings menus. If it's completely frozen, someone posted the following button combination that is supposed to reset it:

5632.png

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Hello can anyone help me with my ford pass , when I get on the app it says activation pending , just start your vehicle and accept the activation confirmation on the vehicle touchscreen to unlock all of its FordPass features , but nothing comes up on my screen in the truck so I can’t activate it , thanks
I know mine took quite a while to come up on the screen, I just waited it out doing other things, I didn’t have to reset anything,

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
This is probably the easiest. It is on the sync 3 screen under settings:

JPB237

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Thanks all for the help got it to work after a reset , thanks again

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
All of its functions? You think it will have free WiFi hotspot?

33A09312-460E-4873-AFDB-C2EBB1E33D8B.jpeg

Probably not because it is through AT&T..

I think I know the reason the Fordpass is free. On my Chevy they have something called My Chevrolet which sounds almost exactly the same as Fordpass, it was supposed to be free for a year and I just started my truck yesterday with it. So at some point they must have made it free.. Competition is great.

If the WIFI on the Ranger is as good as the Colorado it is very worth while to me... We use it all the time because it seems to get better coverage than streaming from a phone. My wife and granddaughter were able to watch movies on a long trip and never lost connection once. If you have limited data on your phone it helps with that too. If you have a tablet or laptop it works great. I use it to stream all my music. My parent cottage is in the middle of no where and no one gets good cell coverage I will go turn on my truck hot spot and we get internet and phone. I love it..

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Just saw the 2020 Taco now has wifi and the same thing as Fordpass..

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
The GM system is "On-Star", right? Our son just bought a Chevy Volt in May and thinks you still have to subscribe for a fee after the free trial. Maybe that's changed, I'll tell him to check.

Regarding the Tacoma, yeah, the extra competition is bound to give the sluggish mid-size truck market a kick in the pants. One of the reasons we liked the Ranger was that the available tech was ahead of the pack. Similarly, Ford will probably be hearing about things that people like better in the other models.

Probably not because it is through AT&T..

I think I know the reason the Fordpass is free. On my Chevy they have something called My Chevrolet which sounds almost exactly the same as Fordpass, it was supposed to be free for a year and I just started my truck yesterday with it. So at some point they must have made it free.. Competition is great.

If the WIFI on the Ranger is as good as the Colorado it is very worth while to me... We use it all the time because it seems to get better coverage than streaming from a phone. My wife and granddaughter were able to watch movies on a long trip and never lost connection once. If you have limited data on your phone it helps with that too. If you have a tablet or laptop it works great. I use it to stream all my music. My parent cottage is in the middle of no where and no one gets good cell coverage I will go turn on my truck hot spot and we get internet and phone. I love it..

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
The GM system is "On-Star", right? Our son just bought a Chevy Volt in May and thinks you still have to subscribe for a fee after the free trial. Maybe that's changed, I'll tell him to check.

Regarding the Tacoma, yeah, the extra competition is bound to give the sluggish mid-size truck market a kick in the pants. One of the reasons we liked the Ranger was that the available tech was ahead of the pack. Similarly, Ford will probably be hearing about things that people like better in the other models.
All I know is I was able to log into it today no issues and I am not paying.
I still get alerts like last week I got a oil change alert on my email. With the app and online I was able to check everything from my driving to tire pressure.
Yesterday I used the remote start.
I think it might be a part of Onstar but yet separate from on star.. not sure how it works.
I do not subscribe to Onstar either.
I am over two years owning it.
I only pay AT&T for wifi.

Edit:
I just looked it up and this is what it said:
free Basic Plan or one of the paid subscriptions.
I could not find the difference.

Also saw remote app start requires the vehicle to have remote start.
That is why I asked about the Ranger.. How can the app remote start a vehicle if the vehicle does not already have remote start?

"Remote start requires the vehicle to be factory-equipped with remote start and automatic transmission"

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
OK, I'll mention to our son he should check the site. He might bet getting indefinite basic service that he doesn't know about yet. That's good news if it's true. In a year or two they'll probably all be doing it.

And yes, the truck needs to have the remote-start functionality for it to work. I'm not sure which package includes that, or if it's in all of them. It might be in all of them since the underlying functionality is probably already there once you have auto start-stop, which they all have. The key fob and the extra transmitter-receiver to make the key fob work is optional, but it came with one of the tech packages we ordered.

All I know is I was able to log into it today no issues and I am not paying.
I still get alerts like last week I got a oil change alert on my email. With the app and online I was able to check everything from my driving to tire pressure.
Yesterday I used the remote start.
I think it might be a part of Onstar but yet separate from on star.. not sure how it works.
I do not subscribe to Onstar either.
I am over two years owning it.
I only pay AT&T for wifi.

Edit:
I just looked it up and this is what it said:
free Basic Plan or one of the paid subscriptions.
I could not find the difference.

Also saw remote app start requires the vehicle to have remote start.
That is why I asked about the Ranger.. How can the app remote start a vehicle if the vehicle does not already have remote start?

"Remote start requires the vehicle to be factory-equipped with remote start and automatic transmission"

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
OK, I'll mention to our son he should check the site. He might bet getting indefinite basic service that he doesn't know about yet. That's good news if it's true. In a year or two they'll probably all be doing it.

And yes, the truck needs to have the remote-start functionality for it to work. I'm not sure which package includes that, or if it's in all of them. It might be in all of them since the underlying functionality is probably already there once you have auto start-stop, which they all have. The key fob and the extra transmitter-receiver to make the key fob work is optional, but it came with one of the tech packages we ordered.
Ok so you do need remote start option on the Ranger to use the app remote start..
Some posts said the app would without it having remote start on the truck...
I could not find out info either way. Fords website on it is not the greatest.

That is important for me especially on those 20 below days especially at work. I need to be able to start my vehicle from my desk.

I know allot of people do not care about remote start or heated seats but here it can be important.
Those capless gas tanks are so nice too in the cold when it is snowing, windy and zero out.
Sponsored