First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Anyone that thinks the FordPass app is slow is someone that I'd bet didn't have to do much work with a dial-up modem. :LOL:
You just gave me flashbacks of the old AOL discs! :crackup:

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Its cool that its free, but it is so painfully slow all the time.
I find there's no difference in speed between FordPass and MyChevrolet apps. I kinda like the Ford one better. Chev app keeps making me put in a pin number everytime I want to lock/unlock/start it. The latest update is broken. I can't switch the units of measure to km. While I can do the mental math, most Canadians won't be amused!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Yes another failed government project changing to metric. Only good for the tool companies.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes another failed government project changing to metric. Only good for the tool companies.
Hi Folks,

I live close to I19...the only metric Interstate in the USA.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I live close to I19...the only metric Interstate in the USA.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Me to Phil but az Gov is planning to spend money to change it back. Lol

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Me to Phil but az Gov is planning to spend money to change it back. Lol
Hi Thom,

Local businesses are trying to block it as all their info says to get off the freeway at exit 63, for example and if changed back to miles it would likely confuse people. Would really like to see it change to be like all Interstates but I think it will be a long time coming.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co, Retired

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
LOL that is good to know. I say save the money and leave it alone as all vehicles have the conversion table right on the speedo.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Considering it uses wireless networks I think it functions fairly well. I'm happy to see indefinite support, especially with the winter months coming up.
It functions well, but its slow.

Anyone that thinks the FordPass app is slow is someone that I'd bet didn't have to do much work with a dial-up modem. :LOL:
I grew up using dial up internet, and was probably the last out of all my friends to get DSL or cable internet at home.

I find there's no difference in speed between FordPass and MyChevrolet apps. I kinda like the Ford one better. Chev app keeps making me put in a pin number everytime I want to lock/unlock/start it. The latest update is broken. I can't switch the units of measure to km. While I can do the mental math, most Canadians won't be amused!
I'm comparing to the aftermarket solutions such as the Drone Mobile. I sell and install Compustar remote starters and the Drone Mobile telematics unit. I'll make a comparison video between the Ford Pass app and Drone Mobile, and you will be amazed at how much faster the Drone Mobile app and hardware is than anything the OEM's include in their vehicles.

RangerDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Vehicle Showcase
If you think Ford system is slow wait till you try FCA UConnect. I have seen it take 5 minutes to remoter start through the app. And they wanted $15 a month for the privilege.
I have mine setup through Google Assistant and it usually takes 30 seconds or less to start.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
my further complaints about Ford Pass, in addition to miles not being able to be set back to KM, is that I was gone for awhile travelling, the truck did its thing going into dead mode to save battery, and when I would love to auto start it from the airport terminal so the trucks nice and warm for me by the time i get my bags and pay parking....it wont do it because i have to use the key to start it to get it out of dead mode.
annoying.
That would make sense to me - they probably turned off the radio to save battery which is why you had to use the key to start it. Better to have to use a key than come back to a truck with a dead battery!
Sponsored