First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
It is the $210 others said; I got running boards for "half off" due to points. Took mine a week to show up.

I think they do the points to avoid the rules that came out about gift cards. Those cant expire anymore, etc - points can if they want, etc.
Sponsored

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
At $210 in points, I'll use it for 3 'The works' package at each oil change interval.
You can buy Ford OEM accessories, but there are cheaper alternatives. I don't know anyone in
town (other than Ford) that will do oil & filter, rotation, fluid top off and multi point inspection for the $65 that my local Ford charges for 'The Works' package.

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Never even thought about my points until seeing this thread. I'm a tad confuddled-- I have my app connected to the truck, I can do all the remote start stuffs. But, I see ya'll mention needing to connect to the modem? Is that an additional step, and what exactly does that entail?

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
How do you set this up? I didnt know this existed until now. My truck is on order right now,can i get ahead of the game and have everything set up ready to go or do i have to wait until i get the truck?

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Never even thought about my points until seeing this thread. I'm a tad confuddled-- I have my app connected to the truck, I can do all the remote start stuffs. But, I see ya'll mention needing to connect to the modem? Is that an additional step, and what exactly does that entail?
If you have the Ford Pass app, then you are connected thru the truck modem, assuming you paired the app to the truck. You can access vehicle info such as milage, oil life, tire pressure, and use scheduled and remote start from anywhere. Your truck could be 100 miles away and you still have access thru the Ford Pass App on the phone.
You can also see service records (assuming you serviced with Ford), schedule service and see remaining points

How do you set this up? I didnt know this existed until now. My truck is on order right now,can i get ahead of the game and have everything set up ready to go or do i have to wait until i get the truck?
You can download the app, but you will have to wait until you get the truck to pair it with the phone, similar to pairing bluetooth.

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
If you have the Ford Pass app, then you are connected thru the truck modem, assuming you paired the app to the truck. You can access vehicle info such as milage, oil life, tire pressure, and use scheduled and remote start from anywhere. Your truck could be 100 miles away and you still have access thru the Ford Pass App on the phone.
You can also see service records (assuming you serviced with Ford), schedule service and see remaining points

You can download the app, but you will have to wait until you get the truck to pair it with the phone, similar to pairing bluetooth.
Boom, thank you sir :rockon:

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician

Gotcha,wasn't sure how that worked.Thanks for the insight,this is all new to me.Last Ford i had was a 1993 Mustang LX 5.0 convertible back in 93. Guess my old age is showing with this tech stuff

FourMoreG

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger 4x4 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Driver
Note: My own FordPass account points are subject to Points Expiration date rules and I suggest everyone, who is interested, routinely review the rules and their Own Personal account information online and be guided accordingly.

I was advised that some Ford Dealers DON’T participate in the FordPass Points program, so be careful what you Think is true, or when making an assumption and so AVOID a possible misunderstanding.

For instance, I will ALWAYS PERSONALLY VERIFY EACH AND EVERY TIME, that the Ford Dealership Parts Dept, Vehicle Sales or Shop Services Departments that I visit, participates in the FordPass Points Program (both Issuing And/Or redeeming) and that I ASK BEFORE I decide Where to Purchase And/Or Redeem Points earned for a Vehicle Purchase, Shop services, and/or Parts.

I’m Not sure, but A Dealership that rewards points for vehicle purchases, might or might NOT redeem them for parts. I haven’t yet redeemed any points yet, so I am not a “point person“ to answer or elaborate further.
But I do read and pay attention to the rules of this program.

I Personally VERIFY EACH AND EVERY TIME BEFORE I make a service appointment And/Or order a Part. Oh, and when deciding on WHERE to Purchase a vehicle, new or used.

Things can change.
I DON’T ASSUME.

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Your dealer/salesperson has to enter the info...
I had mine the next day after purchase.
That's the problem I have Sarge. My dealers service dept. is hit, and miss when it comes to entering my purchases.

@Dr3wDrop Andrew, I had to call the Fordpass folks to get my new vehicle purchase added. I waited 2 months, and nothing. Come to find out there was some information entered incorrectly. They straightened out, and the points showed. Maybe give 'em a call. Good luck.

OP
OP
Dr3wDrop

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
@Dr3wDrop Andrew, I had to call the Fordpass folks to get my new vehicle purchase added. I waited 2 months, and nothing. Come to find out there was some information entered incorrectly. They straightened out, and the points showed. Maybe give 'em a call. Good luck.
I called yesterday. The rep said everything was done correctly and if I don’t see anything in 30 days to reach back out.

RetiredNotFired

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat on order/'47 Chevy Bus Cpe
Occupation
Retired
Got my points the next day. 42,000 big ones. Salesman said it should pay for an oil change. Haha. Wish i could find out the dollar amount per point.
Using your points is 200 points for every dollar spent or as others have said, $210 worth of points on the purchase. Collecting points for oil change, etc is I believe 10 points for every dollar spent.

On the Ford Pass site is a section where you can add missing points if your dealer, like mine, does not enter them for you.

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
How long does it take to get the fordpass points on a new purchase? Waiting to spend the money (points) I don’t have yet.
Mine showed next day. But, my dealer, unlike many, wouldn’t allow the points on accessories, only device items!

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
Mine showed next day. But, my dealer, unlike many, wouldn’t allow the points on accessories, only device items!
Find a dealer that does

OP
OP
Dr3wDrop

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Update for everyone: Called Fordpass because it had been 30+ days and still no points. They figured out the dealer awarded the points to someone else...

So, I should be getting my points within 2 business days.
Sponsored