JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
my further complaints about Ford Pass, in addition to miles not being able to be set back to KM, is that I was gone for awhile travelling, the truck did its thing going into dead mode to save battery, and when I would love to auto start it from the airport terminal so the trucks nice and warm for me by the time i get my bags and pay parking....it wont do it because i have to use the key to start it to get it out of dead mode.
annoying.
You could always find a way around the battery save mode and just schedule it to start every 5 days while you are gone. There is always a workaround for something that will never make a person happy.
Sponsored

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
my further complaints about Ford Pass, in addition to miles not being able to be set back to KM, is that I was gone for awhile travelling, the truck did its thing going into dead mode to save battery, and when I would love to auto start it from the airport terminal so the trucks nice and warm for me by the time i get my bags and pay parking....it wont do it because i have to use the key to start it to get it out of dead mode.
annoying.

That is weird. I have left my Colorado for week and never had it do that and no issues with remote starting from my phone.. The little power a radio draws in sleep mode or what ever state it should go in should make little difference. Did you ask Ford if this is supposed to work like this?

I wonder if there is a setting in there to change that?

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That is weird. I have left my Colorado for week and never had it do that and no issues with remote starting from my phone.. The little power a radio draws in sleep mode or what ever state it should go in should make little difference. Did you ask Ford if this is supposed to work like this?

I wonder if there is a setting in there to change that?
I believe there is a lot more drawing power other than the radio. The cell modem has to be active in order to send and receive signals - and I'm sure there are other things that stay active until the battery management system shuts them down when it sees the battery below a certain level of charge.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I believe there is a lot more drawing power other than the radio. The cell modem has to be active in order to send and receive signals - and I'm sure there are other things that stay active until the battery management system shuts them down when it sees the battery below a certain level of charge.

Maybe but the Colorado has the exact same thing and never has been a issue and last winter we had temps below -30 degrees. i have left my Colorado at the airport several times when I went on ski trips.
It has a app that access allot on my Colorado including remote start, locking doors, diagnostics, WIFI, updates etc.
In my opinion it should not be enough to drain a battery much.
Both systems sound almost exactly the same with the Ranger being maybe slightly better and a few more features.

I also know their is allot of setting for my Colorado like if i want seat warmers on with remote start etc. So I thought maybe the Ranger maybe had a setting for different sleep modes like a computer does. .

I have heard too it is best especially in winter to have a little draw on the battery.

By the way Ford just launched sync 4 looks pretty cool if anyone missed it..
https://www.firstpost.com/tech/news...d-auto-voice-recognition-support-7592631.html

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe but the Colorado has the exact same thing and never has been a issue and last winter we had temps below -30 degrees. i have left my Colorado at the airport several times when I went on ski trips.
It has a app that access allot on my Colorado including remote start, locking doors, diagnostics, WIFI, updates etc.
In my opinion it should not be enough to drain a battery much.
Both systems sound almost exactly the same with the Ranger being maybe slightly better and a few more features.

I also know their is allot of setting for my Colorado like if i want seat warmers on with remote start etc. So I thought maybe the Ranger maybe had a setting for different sleep modes like a computer does. .

I have heard too it is best especially in winter to have a little draw on the battery.

By the way Ford just launched sync 4 looks pretty cool if anyone missed it..
https://www.firstpost.com/tech/news...d-auto-voice-recognition-support-7592631.html
It only goes into battery save mode after 14 days. I feel that is a great feature instead of coming back weeks later to a potential dead batter.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
It only goes into battery save mode after 14 days. I feel that is a great feature instead of coming back weeks later to a potential dead batter.

Maybe mine does too, never left it 14 days. Longest was maybe a week and a half.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What I like to do too is test it out before hand just to make sure it works. I'm leaving for 18 days for Christmas and have set up a schedule for it run while I'm home now just to make sure everything works. I like to think things should work as advertised but I never assume they do.:)

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I bought my Ranger xlt Super Crew on the 18th of October and the dealership set it all up and now I can lock unlock and remote start my
Ranger from my android phone without factory remote start, Ya!

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
perhaps if i send a start request at day 12, it'll reset the 14 day count and i'll be able to use the app to start it while i'm waiting for my bags
I had this same thought. I'm having trouble finding any reference to it now, maybe it was just a post on this site. But I'm 90% sure I read that if it is Fordpass remote started, and it shuts down before it is manually turned on by a driver, it is locked from any further Fordpass starts until somebody gets in and starts it. You should test this before you need to rely on it.

Art S

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Its cool that its free, but it is so painfully slow all the time.
Why slow, I use it all the time. When I hit to start it remotely it starts in 5-10 seconds. I unlocked the doors for my daughter to get in to pick up something and it unlocked in 5 seconds and I re- locked it in about 5 seconds.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why slow, I use it all the time. When I hit to start it remotely it starts in 5-10 seconds. I unlocked the doors for my daughter to get in to pick up something and it unlocked in 5 seconds and I re- locked it in about 5 seconds.
I'm guessing he means the app itself - it takes a while to load and moving between screens can be slow - at least that has been my experience. Same as the website experience - not very responsive at all.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
The app moves just fine, but the communication to the vehicle is what is slow.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The app moves just fine, but the communication to the vehicle is what is slow.
Interesting - for me it takes longer for the app to actually startup and load than it does to start the truck.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
annoying.
I am not very bright about these tech issues, but on my phone in the lower right corner there is a setting wheel and it takes you to your account and settings were you can change several things including measures on that app you can change to kilometers miles or what have you. Or have you already found it?
This is the 12th and still getting acquainted with this 5G site, I have sync 3 so I don't know if it is different than sync or not on Ford pass, I just ojt the thing I do with these tech things.
Good day,
Levi
Sponsored

Last edited: