First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah those wranglers are def a trip on the freeway.. I like the pitman steering. It just has a certain feel on the road you don’t get with a steering rack. Sounds like you treated the Jeep well. The seats in my 15’ patriot were also very uncomfortable. As if they were designed for one type of person to drive. The seats in the ranger are way better for comfort and long term driving.
The Tacoma has the most uncomfortable seats, so the JL/ JT are more like a B- rating. In the Gladiator I modified the seat brackets to change the angle, they were ok, but still had a ton of pressure on the thighs, which is a common compliant.

I sold my 2012 JKU 2 months ago so I hear ya about on road. I was lifted 2.5" with 35s. MPG was amazing lol

Loved it off-road, performed well. On road, not so much lol plus I had a 6-speed so 9 years of shifting was getting old.

Excited to get my Tremor in a few months.
Nice, hopefully it shows up sooner than you think!
Sponsored

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The Tacoma has the most uncomfortable seats. In the Gladiator I modified the seat brackets to change the angle, they were ok, but still had a ton of pressure on the thighs, which is a common compliant.

Nice, hopefully it shows up sooner than you think!
I hope. I had 1 ordered at Dealer A on 1/12 and got a scheduled date of 3/7. Then I found Dealer B who is running a huge special so I jumped ship to save over $3k. "Canceled" from Dealer A and ordered through Dealer B on 1/24. So now I wait for a new production date.

OP
OP

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I really do like the graphics on the white truck. It doesn't work with all the colors but definitely on white ?
I'm on the fence, but I agree, white is the best color for them.

My brother, also a car guy, loves the graphics, and I paid for them, so I'm keeping them.

I'd like to match the Ranger outline on the tailgate as well.

I did a websearch and found this site: https://www.tufskinz.com/products/rag001-tailgate-inserts-ford-ranger

Looks legit, 3M materials.

OCL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Congratulations!

I agree with Scotty, the graphics look best on the white Tremor. Mine was Magnetic Gray and I just didn't like the bright red on it. It was too bright on an otherwise stark background.
51684492681_066bfc2cf9_b.jpg
Untitled by rogue_biker, on Flickr

I had the dealership remove the red but left the black stripes. Which looks a lot better on the dark gray background.
51792103878_80202747c0_b.jpg
Untitled by rogue_biker, on Flickr

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
Would like to know why the dealer let this go away for 4K under MSRP?

Was it sitting on the lot for a month? Do they have plenty of inventory? Was it because it's a 2021?
Was this part of a trade-in deal?

Would like to know because these things are going for 3K-5K markup in CA. I mean we all know CA is several standard deviations away from sanity, but that is a big swing.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Would like to know why the dealer let this go away for 4K under MSRP?

Was it sitting on the lot for a month? Do they have plenty of inventory? Was it because it's a 2021?
Was this part of a trade-in deal?

Would like to know because these things are going for 3K-5K markup in CA. I mean we all know CA is several standard deviations away from sanity, but that is a big swing.
No idea. 2022s are on the lot. It's has a November 2021 build date, so maybe the dealer was about to hit 60 days on it and wanted to get rid of it before end of the month or something.

The best deal I've seen is $1000 incentive on 2021 FX4s here.

Some dealers are asking over MSRP or are tacking on lots of BS extras.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No idea. 2022s are on the lot. It's has a November 2021 build date, so maybe the dealer was about to hit 60 days on it and wanted to get rid of it before end of the month or something.

My local dealer (NJ) has at least a $2k markup on just a standard XL or XLT. $2.5k on a Tremor and just noticed a $3k markup on a Lariat. They have a Lariat for $48k (in transit).

So glad I ordered. So much cheaper as well.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

The $1k incentive is for custom order. Add in another $500 for XLT models.

See what deal they have when my truck arrives. If it's better than the additional $1k.

OP
OP

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
At 6'2" the Tremor steps are annoying. I took the "hoops" off and thought it looks pretty good. I'll be ordering sliders at some point, so I might as well just take them off while they are brand new.

20220127_151313.jpg

20220127_151318.jpg

20220127_162005.jpg

If anyone is north of Atlanta and wants them let me know.

I'll be getting some sliders at some point.

I'm turning this thread into a build thread, AZScorpion, like a boss, is going to move this to that section.

Last edited:

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Congrats on the purchase! I did not like my Tremor steps either until I put a 2” level lift on it. It was just enough to make them useful.

HMG03

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, 05/06 ZX6R 636 Stunt Bike
Occupation
Firefighter
It's on-road manners were poor.

Super loud on the highway. Uncomfortable seats. Lots of wind noise. Horrible wind buffeting at 70+ MPH. Aerodynamics of a brick wall. White knuckle moments on the road. It liked to wander, so you had to always keep two hands on the wheel. I threw a lot of money at it to set it up as best as possible. I was about to drop down a few tire sizes. Alignment was perfect, I had upgraded steering components, BFG KO2s, Bilstein shocks, etc. You can't fix the aerodynamics, the solid front axle, and the steering box. In the end it was fatiguing to drive.
That’s one of the great things about the Rangers. These things glide at highway speeds. So smooth that it always reminds me of the shabby balancing job that was done on my aftermarket wheels. ???
Question, since I have an audience here, are there other steering wheel options, like say the Ranger Raptor wheel?

My only complaint so far is the steering wheel is weird. At 9 and 3 it is angled differently where your thumbs go. I don't like it at all.
I am curious about options too. I have a habit of palming the wheel when I turn, but I have to be careful because the wheel has a convex build, and I have mushed buttons while turning.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
At 6'2" the Tremor steps are annoying. I took the "hoops" off and thought it looks pretty good. I'll be ordering sliders at some point, so I might as well just take them off while they are brand new.

20220127_151313.jpg

20220127_151318.jpg

20220127_162005.jpg

If anyone is north of Atlanta and wants them let me know.

I'll be getting some sliders at some point.

I'm turning this thread into a build thread, AZScorpion, like a boss, is going to move this to that section.
Looks pretty good, for sure! If we end up replacing our 2019 Lariat FX4 with a Tremor, the hoops are going to be the first thing to go! To be replaced with
Addictive Desert Designs Ranger Rock Slider Side Steps!
Sponsored