JDowns

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Thanks for the info, did you connect it to the current fog lights or you have a separate switch for it?
They are connected to an Aux Switch.

Current Aux Switch Use:

AUX 1: Unused
AUX 2: Rear Backup Lights / DD SSC1 ( Will soon add 4 Rigid to a rack for side lights)
AUX 3: Lower Grill Lights (4 Rigid)
AUX 4: Ditch Lights (2 Rigid)
Aux 5: Running Lights / BackLights (Lower Grill Lights, Upper Grill Lights, Side Vents)
Aux 6: Running Lights / BackLights (Ditch Lights, Running Board Lights, Rear Backup Lights, Rack Lights (Future))
Sponsored

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
They are connected to an Aux Switch.

Current Aux Switch Use:

AUX 1: Unused
AUX 2: Rear Backup Lights / DD SSC1 ( Will soon add 4 Rigid to a rack for side lights)
AUX 3: Lower Grill Lights (4 Rigid)
AUX 4: Ditch Lights (2 Rigid)
Aux 5: Running Lights / BackLights (Lower Grill Lights, Upper Grill Lights, Side Vents)
Aux 6: Running Lights / BackLights (Ditch Lights, Running Board Lights, Rear Backup Lights, Rack Lights (Future))
Thanks again, I forgot you had a Tremor, I can't wait for the Aux Switch to become available for the non Tremor model.

dkirby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Tremor, '16 Focus RS, '10 Evo X
Occupation
Engineer
ran a lead from the up fitter to the rear for a pair of Diode Dynamics SSC1 red backlit flush mount reverse lights
That first post (flush mount) inspired me to find this/your build thread. Do you have a pic of your flush mounted reverse lights? I'd love to see how/where you mounted them.

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
That first post (flush mount) inspired me to find this/your build thread. Do you have a pic of your flush mounted reverse lights? I'd love to see how/where you mounted them.
I printed a set of brackets out of polycarbonate that mount in the channels of the trailer hitch. Sits slightly higher then the hitch mount.
10E8EDC7-707B-4C17-A542-4DE475019104.jpeg

dkirby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Tremor, '16 Focus RS, '10 Evo X
Occupation
Engineer
Wow @JDowns , that's next level custom. I was expecting to see holes cut into your bumper or tailgate. Nice job!

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Wow @JDowns , that's next level custom. I was expecting to see holes cut into your bumper or tailgate. Nice job!
Thanks.

Two bolts to attach were unnecessary. I could have used one since the housing sits in a channel that would stop any side to side movement. The large fender washers were the only size I could find, I wanted a bit smaller but all the hardware store had in stock was chrome, and I wasn't going to spend $15 a washer. I do want to redo the housing slightly in order to bring the surround back to cover the connection. That way if there is any drag the housing takes the hit and not the cabling.

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
I'd be interested in the Badge Insert if you end up making a bunch to sell. Very cool!!!

KevinB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Installed the grill lights this morning. Which I'm officially calling Traptor Grill Lights. I used (4) of these. Made a custom wiring harness to tap into the passenger lower marker light. Printed custom mounts from polycarbonate to get the right offset inside the grill and mounted center in each of the (4) slots with 3M VHB tape.

Front end should look nice once the (4) Rigid Radiance Pod Lights are installed with amber backlighting. Can't wait to get my grill lettering next week. I chose the BW American Flag from TufSkinz.

IMG_3584.JPG
Would you mind sharing the STL for the light brackets? I like the look and will probably do the same thing with a tremor grill down the road. Thanks!