Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Sid - Just read the whole 75 pages. Hell of a job building this thing out.

I am going to steal some ideas for my new build including underbody lighting, rear distance lights under the tailgate and the engine bay light. So slick.

I just installed the new frontrunner cab rack called the slimsport. You may be interested in that. Its very low profile. Also, the Huracan Fab tailgate storage. My two favorite mods so far. (full disclosure: I am sponsored by them, but I would have bought both either way).

Keep it up!
No way! You sir, deserve a free TGD for that lol @AzScorpion ...thanks for the comps!?
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Well, let's break Msfitoy's mods down a bit:
  1. Frontrunner RTT, $1,200
  2. Diamondback cover, $1,700
  3. Fuel wheels/tires, $1,800
  4. Shrock sliders, $800
  5. MBRP exhaust kit, $400
  6. Eibach Pro lift, $520
  7. Lighting/mounts =), $1,500
  8. Trigger 6 power supply, $350
  9. Ram mounts, $300
  10. Siren, $100
  11. WeBoost Reach, $450
  12. Borne Snorkel, $490
That adds up to $9,610...there's probably another $1,000 for miscellaneous items like grill, LED bulbs, custom decals, wiring, DIY materials, etc...so $10K plus/minus...still a lot of cash but pretty painless when spread out over a few years...

The real big savings is the labor...if I had the tools, I'd mount/balance my own tires... ?
Nice list. I paid for my front Bilstein install ($250) an got a deal on a hard Tonneau an Chrome grill off the classifieds on here so that really helped

Bug screen $70
Window tint 140
grill off road light $60
Chrome grill $125
raptor lights 100
Front struts 260
labor 250
rears 200
Leer hard tonneau 640
Hitch 110
Nerf bars $150
soft tonneau 200 sold for 60
Livernois tune (favorite mod) $500
Door speakers $100
Borla SS muffler $50
Muffler install 100
I'm probably at $3K

Guess I got some work to do!

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I want some rear facing off road lights under the rear bumper but I don't want to run all the wires.
Running wiring under the truck is actually kinda relaxing...laying on your back...

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sid - Just read the whole 75 pages. Hell of a job building this thing out.

I am going to steal some ideas for my new build including underbody lighting, rear distance lights under the tailgate and the engine bay light. So slick.

I just installed the new frontrunner cab rack called the slimsport. You may be interested in that. Its very low profile. Also, the Huracan Fab tailgate storage. My two favorite mods so far. (full disclosure: I am sponsored by them, but I would have bought both either way).

Keep it up!
Oh YES! Must have! Two more dampers! :p And space for an AK14, Brandon... ?

ScreenHunter_67 Jan. 03 15.47.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
How about Red wall? I'm looking at General's X3 after my Cooper have gave their all...probably next year after I break 100,000 miles...? :p

PRODUCT_201909131255_tire_31884_1000_angle.png
i really like the look of the red letter grabbers. i think cooper is likely a better tire, but the grabbers look sweet.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
i really like the look of the red letter grabbers. i think cooper is likely a better tire, but the grabbers look sweet.
They're both great tires...the X3 is mud terrain...something I haven't tried yet because of the noise associated with big lugs...but I've heard these are comparatively quiet...

Last edited:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
They're both great tires...the X3 is mud terrain...something I haven't tried yet because of the noise associated with big lugs...but I've heard these are comparatively quiet...
I will never trust an MT for "normal" driving, especially if it ever rains where I am. Most MTs lack proper siping in their blocks and it makes for a super sketchy drive. Now, some MTs have addressed that, but a lot haven't, combined with the generally not great performance in sand and road noise, it's just a non-starter for me. A really well done A/T is always going to be my goto. My Wildpeaks have surpassed everything I'd have expected them to go through, and I don't generally play in mud here either, so it's also a non-issue.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I will never trust an MT for "normal" driving, especially if it ever rains where I am. Most MTs lack proper siping in their blocks and it makes for a super sketchy drive. Now, some MTs have addressed that, but a lot haven't, combined with the generally not great performance in sand and road noise, it's just a non-starter for me. A really well done A/T is always going to be my goto. My Wildpeaks have surpassed everything I'd have expected them to go through, and I don't generally play in mud here either, so it's also a non-issue.
You have a point...I haven't made up my mind yet...still many more miles before replacement...

The dilema is, truck tires can still have a lot of street life left and pass inspection...but doesn't look the part anymore...the last 10K of life looks like it's bald on a truck... ☹

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
You have a point...I haven't made up my mind yet...still many more miles before replacement...

The dilema is truck tires still can have a lot of street life left and still pass inspection...but doesn't look the part anymore...the last 10K of life looks like it's bald on a truck...
Yup. For me the siping makes all the difference (even down here in SoCal - I want my vehicle to be prepared for any weather) in tire construction and usefulness. The added benefit of being 3-peak snow tires for these means I don't have to pull out "traction devices" for nearly any weather event either, which is a huge plus.

Ultimately I think tire replacement is up to driver comfort or treadlife, whichever is due first. I've seen some truck tires feel really bald despite allegedly being under mileage, but they're already near enough to the wear bars/blocks that it's worth replacing. I come from replacing $1200-1400 worth of 4 tires every ~25k miles on my Mustang so the $800-900 for a good set of 4 for the truck for double that is way worth doing early for my own piece of mind.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My first set, Falkens, lasted nearly 50K...these Coopers will do the same...

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
My first set, Falkens, lasted nearly 50K...these Coopers will do the same...
Yup, if I get 50k+ out of a set of tires, I'm more than happy with it.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
You don't know cost savings till you start fabricating your own stuff.

Knowing what you do for a living I am pretty surprised you have not ventured down that rabbit hole.

I can only imagine what an off-road company would charge the public for my rack.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You don't know cost savings till you start fabricating your own stuff.

Knowing what you do for a living I am pretty surprised you have not ventured down that rabbit hole.

I can only imagine what an off-road company would charge the public for my rack.
Jack, if we were neighbors, we'd be in business lol...I can design just about anything but I'd give anything for a small metal shop and some welding + machining + electrical skills...that and some 3D printers...?
Sponsored