I’m 6’3”, will I fit in the new Ranger?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I took the global Ranger mm measurement and converted to inches. They are as follows. Looks like the middle rear will have a floor hump which will make that seat cramped. Also I haven't seen rear a.c. vents. The rear legroom and width will be critical competing with Tacoma. Rear legroom is a big complaint for some Tacoma owners. Poor transmission shifts as well, although they seem to have a programming fix now.
Length 211
Width 78
Height 72
Front headroom 40
Front legroom 41.5
Rear headroom 38
Rear legroom 35.5
Wheelbase 126
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...coma-colorado-canyon-frontier.1033/#post-8169

Reactions: Ric

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
I don’t fit in the other midsized trucks and I’m keeping my fingers crossed I fit in the Ranger. I can’t find any interior dimension specs. I can’t wait to sit in one.
going to be smaller interior dimensions than the GM twins and narrower than the ridgeline. I do think the Jeep Scrambler truck is going to be the largest mid-size if you if you use the new JT interior dimensions.

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
going to be smaller interior dimensions than the GM twins and narrower than the ridgeline. I do think the Jeep Scrambler truck is going to be the largest mid-size if you if you use the new JT interior dimensions.
I have the JL Unlimited and it's noticeably smaller than the outgoing JK model. I'm 6'3" and I find the JL to be somewhat uncomfortable. My left knee is against the door panel, my right knee rests on the transfer case shifter, my head is a couple of inches from the "sport bar" structure, and the transmission hump interferes with space to rest my feet while the cruise control is on. They shaved nearly 2 inches off the hip and shoulder room in this model. I'm not sure why they made it smaller. It needed to get bigger.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
I don’t fit in the other midsized trucks and I’m keeping my fingers crossed I fit in the Ranger. I can’t find any interior dimension specs. I can’t wait to sit in one.
I am 6'1" and I don't typically have any issues with any of the midsize trucks. I do have to change the seat settings quite a bit on some vehicles. Usually the seats have to be as low and nearly as far back as they will go.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a tad over 6’ 3” and 200lbs. I’m not concerned about the headroom, because even with a normal torso/leg ratio I’m not sitting as high as someone who is 6’3” and 250lbs (because around 10lbs of that extra weight is in their butt). As for leg room, I’ll let you know when I get mine at the end of December. I think I’ll be plenty comfortable but it’ll probably come at the expense of legroom behind me (which is pretty standard for any vehicle I drive).

MattE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Drove a couple today. I can't talk about performance, ride etc. I can say I'm 6'2" and both head and legroom were ample.

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
How'd the back seat feel? Think a 6 footer could do 4 hours or so?

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
Drove a couple today. I can't talk about performance, ride etc. I can say I'm 6'2" and both head and legroom were ample.
I am 5'11 and my wife is 5'2. I have a 7 month old son who is in a rear facing car seat. Do you think there is enough room for a car seat in the back of the crew cab with someone in the front seat? In my Fiesta, the car seat is pressed up against the back of the front seat with the seat all the way up to the dashboard.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I am 5'11 and my wife is 5'2. I have a 7 month old son who is in a rear facing car seat. Do you think there is enough room for a car seat in the back of the crew cab with someone in the front seat? In my Fiesta, the car seat is pressed up against the back of the front seat with the seat all the way up to the dashboard.
Looks like the Fiesta rear legroom is 31.2”. And the Ranger SuperCrew has 34.5”.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
Does anyone know how Ford calculates legroom, specifically rear legroom? Is it calculated with the front seats all the way back, middle, or all the way forward?
Sponsored