New Speakers, Amp and Sub

Trunks527

First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercab
Ideally I would like to put it behind the rear seat but if I have to I will put it under the passenger seat. Will def post photos!
Got the extended cab so if I can't stuff it under the seat maybe just resting on the back floorboard might have to do.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalRanger

SoCalRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Got the extended cab so if I can't stuff it under the seat maybe just resting on the back floorboard might have to do.
Sorry for the delayed response to the earlier questions.

Install was $150 at a stereo shop in North Hollywood, which also included installation of ceramic tint all around, which is great for the hot LA summers.

I do not have the power seats, which made for an easy install on the amp, and the passenger seat moves freely with no interference.

I would be hesitant to run this setup into the OEM speakers, at least at the gain/volume I like. The higher rated aftermarket speakers are required.

RangerJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Just got the Kicker Hideaway installed behind the back seat, fit perfect and I like the sound alot. I will def be switching out the stock door speakers sooner than later though. Not a huge priority, but I know replacing those will improve the sound even more.

20200113_180046.jpg

20200113_180036.jpg

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Just got the Kicker Hideaway installed behind the back seat, fit perfect and I like the sound alot. I will def be switching out the stock door speakers sooner than later though. Not a huge priority, but I know replacing those will improve the sound even more.

20200113_180046.jpg

20200113_180036.jpg
For stock sounds the ranger speakers aren't too bad on delivering bass "as far as stock goes". About how much times better is the bass with the little 8"? Or do you wish it had more thump to it? I've always had dual 10" or single 12" I cant even imagine how an 8" sounds, heck this is my first vehicle I didn't add subs within a week of owning:computerrage:

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I had one in my Wrangler and glad @RangerJosh posted the great fit because I was super happy with it in Wrangler. The bass was very good. I imagine the Ranger would be just as good.

RangerJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
For stock sounds the ranger speakers aren't too bad on delivering bass "as far as stock goes". About how much times better is the bass with the little 8"? Or do you wish it had more thump to it? I've always had dual 10" or single 12" I cant even imagine how an 8" sounds, heck this is my first vehicle I didn't add subs within a week of owning:computerrage:
Yep it sounds really good for what it is... IMHO unless you are a high school kid or looking to do competitions then this sub or subs like it are all you really need. It thumps just fine for anything... I had mine professionally installed and the installer set the bass to zero on the head unit and maxxed out the treble and turned up the midrange. It sounds good, really good... Like I said, I'll eventually replace the stock door speakers but it is not a huge priority with how it sounds right now.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Yep it sounds really good for what it is... IMHO unless you are a high school kid or looking to do competitions then this sub or subs like it are all you really need. It thumps just fine for anything... I had mine professionally installed and the installer set the bass to zero on the head unit and maxxed out the treble and turned up the midrange. It sounds good, really good... Like I said, I'll eventually replace the stock door speakers but it is not a huge priority with how it sounds right now.
I guess once I get my sound system upgraded I'll be waking up for high school instead of work:giggle:

jmw0404

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
lol - I installed the Hideaway too - I like it. I also installed DSK165.3 and DCX 165.3 front and rear respectively and love them. Check them out when you are shopping for replacements.

RangerJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
I guess once I get my sound system upgraded I'll be waking up for high school instead of work:giggle:
Lol to each their own! I don't mind bass at all, just the older you get the more guarded you are of your hearing... At least I am getting that way.

LaKings

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I just swapped out the factory speakers in my XLT and added amps and a sub (kept the factory head unit), on a relatively modest budget, and it made a huge difference. I didn't want or need window shaking bass or tons of power, and this setup really added some oomph, provided really clear sound, and built up the low end. $600 all in, including installation.

Here's what I added:
1. Infinity Basslink SM compact amplifier and 8" subwoofer. Tucked under the passenger seat:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-mYejTePyWKZ/p_108BASSLSM/Infinity-BassLink-SM.html
2. Infinity 4 channel amp (6004A). This fit behind the head unit in the dash.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108P6004AM/Infinity-Primus-6004a.html?skipvs=T
3. Infinity Reference 6 1/2" - rear doors
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R6532EM/Infinity-Reference-REF-6532ex.html?skipvs=T
4. JBL 601CF - front doors
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CT601C/JBL-Concert-Series-601CF.html

Pretty happy with the result, and I've had to turn down the bass level on the sub - it really cranks.
Nice set up! Thinking of upgrading as well. I'm not an audiophile by any means but the stock system sound is pretty weak. I see that your in Southern California. Who did the install for you? Did you order the components through them?

OP
OP
SoCalRanger

SoCalRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Nice set up! Thinking of upgrading as well. I'm not an audiophile by any means but the stock system sound is pretty weak. I see that your in Southern California. Who did the install for you? Did you order the components through them?
Hey man nice to meet another SoCal Ranger owner and fellow Kings fan. I went to Simon's Stereo in North Hollywood, where they did the tint and the install. Simon recommended some options at various price points, and I chose these components, which he had in stock. Super easy to deal with and the sound is great, particularly compared to the stock setup. Good luck, and let me know if you have any further questions.

LaKings

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Hey man nice to meet another SoCal Ranger owner and fellow Kings fan. I went to Simon's Stereo in North Hollywood, where they did the tint and the install. Simon recommended some options at various price points, and I chose these components, which he had in stock. Super easy to deal with and the sound is great, particularly compared to the stock setup. Good luck, and let me know if you have any further questions.
Thanks I'll look them up. GKG!!

jmw0404

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Do you happen to have power seats? Trying to figure out where I would put this if I picked one up.
It will fit behind the rear seat in the resess to the right and above the jack. You can also leave the jack in place. I had BB install mine and they did a great job.

DriverA

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
You mind sharing and details of your install?
I'm not the OP, but here is the link to my own write up.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...cker-hideaway-speaker.6776/page-2#post-144286

First, I did not pay any extra customs charges for the Aussie under seat box I bought off ebay.

The Kicker Key 180.4 has been replaced with a new designation the Kicker Key 200.4
It fits nicely above the glove box, tucked away inside the dash. There is a steel bar, with holes that match up perfect for mounting the small amp with the help of a small peice of wood.

The door speakers and tweeters, I replaced with PowerBass OE65C-FD components for the front doors, and the PowerBass OE652-FD 2-way for the rear doors. They are direct factory replacements, though I did have to add cutomized (cut to fit) Stinger Roadkill RKFR6 FAST Rings to fill some space between the rear door panels and the speakers. I also had to use a step bit to drill 2 holes for the rear door speaker wires to pass through. A little touch up paint, and a couple rubber grommets and it looks like it came that way from the factory.

The sub amp is a Rockford Fosgate Punch P300X1 300w single channel aplifier. For mounting the amp, I pulled back the carpet and gorilla glued a peice of 3/8 plywood to the rear cab. Once that dried, I put the carpet back in place and used some short stainless screws to mount the amp.

For the sub, I ended up going with a Kicker CompVR 43CVR102, the rubber bezle around the magnet had to be removed in order to fit inside the sub box. I did also line the inside of the sub usning spray glue with 2 layers of Poly Fil Extra Loft Quilt Batting.

The bass knob fits nicely in the fuse panel, where it does not get in the way at all.

With the seat closed and locked into position, you would never know any of it is there until you turn up the volume. It's not going to rattle anyone's windows, but it is well more than enough for you to feel the bass.

I will end up re-carpeting the sub box as I am not very pleased with the quality of the covering itself.

Enough said, now for some pics.

20200626_145347.jpg

20200626_145336.jpg

20200626_144115.jpg

20200626_140809.jpg

20200626_140727.jpg

20200621_130944.jpg

20200621_130916.jpg

amp 2.jpg
Sponsored