Jon_H

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4WD FX4, 1998 Toyota Tacoma 4WD
Received and installed.

Easy install, 2 ratchets, an awl (for stick nut alignment), one end wrench, a floor jack, and a cordless drill. Took me less than 2 hours in the driveway including un-crating and clean-up.

I ordered them without the steps and weighed them before the install, 58.5# each plus the hardware.

Concerning use as air tanks. I had our welding shop foreman (steam and pressure vessel certified) look at them and he advised only using the square tubing as air buffer tanks and put a 100 psi relief valve on the system, I'll update if I do this at a later date.

IMG_6437.JPG
IMG_6436.JPG
IMG_6435.JPG
IMG_6434.JPG
IMG_6433.JPG
IMG_6432.JPG
IMG_6430.JPG
IMG_6428.JPG
IMG_6427.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
If I can find someone to buy my stock side steps Iā€™m buying these.

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
How long did it take to get these? I heard about their horrible reputation for long waits but I ordered a set a few weeks ago and nothing....two emails later, nothing...........
This day and age itā€™s really not a winning strategy to ignore customers. Lol

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
How long did it take to get these? I heard about their horrible reputation for long waits but I ordered a set a few weeks ago and nothing....two emails later, nothing...........
Long waits? Are you serious? Man you guys are impatient. Their site says two weeks and it sounds like you ordered them in the middle of the holidays if itā€™s really been a ā€œfewā€ weeks.
For proper expectations on lead times from US fabricators, go look at some of the other big brands: Mobtown, CBI, etc. their lead times are 8+ and even up to 16+ week lead times for sliders, even longer for bumpers. Itā€™s also funny when someone says itā€™s been a week and a half and I havenā€™t heard anything. Do you think theyā€™re pausing their day to send customer build updates on where their order is in assembly? Thatā€™s not ever going to feasible.

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Long waits? Are you serious? Man you guys are impatient. Their site says two weeks and it sounds like you ordered them in the middle of the holidays if itā€™s really been a ā€œfewā€ weeks.
For proper expectations on lead times from US fabricators, go look at some of the other big brands: Mobtown, CBI, etc. their lead times are 8+ and even up to 16+ week lead times for sliders, even longer for bumpers. Itā€™s also funny when someone says itā€™s been a week and a half and I havenā€™t heard anything. Do you think theyā€™re pausing their day to send customer build updates on where their order is in assembly? Thatā€™s not ever going to feasible.
Calm down there. It was a question. Itā€™s got nothing to do with impatience. They are a small company that should respond to at least one inquiry. Iā€™m not new to this aftermarket thing. Iā€™m not here to bash them. If you canā€™t answer the question honestly then just donā€™t respond. Stay out of it, if you canā€™t be impartial.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
I got mine last week, it was a little slower than I was hoping, but they were always very prompt to respond to my emails.

I would say they're definitely a bit optimistic in their estimated wait times, but the quality is worth it. I have no complaints, and will order from them again.

Jon_H

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4WD FX4, 1998 Toyota Tacoma 4WD
Mine took 5 weeks but I ordered with no steps which they did not have in stock and I could not take delivery between Christmas and New Years so the shipping company held them for a week. I received an email response back from them within two days every time I contacted them (3 or 4 times) and I called twice, both time I got a live person who answered my question accurately. The sliders are high quality and made by real tradesmen here in the US. I suggest a little patience, remember: Good, Cheap, and Fast...you can have two. I'll take good and cheap.

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received response from them today. In powder coat and should be shipped next week......

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT - FX4, 302A, Tow pkg. 2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like there a few members like myself who missed the group buy and 10% sale at end of year. Anyone interested in seeing if we can get another group buy going with Shrockworks?

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I used one of these stepped drill bits to install two other sets of sliders in the past... very easy.

k2ocIis.jpg

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like there a few members like myself who missed the group buy and 10% sale at end of year. Anyone interested in seeing if we can get another group buy going with Shrockworks?
I would be in for a set.

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

I might be in as well..... I was looking at the RB 20 ones but those mount to the body and these to the frame which I really like.

Fordmandan87

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, FX4, leveled
I definitely missed out on the discount code. I checked in too late to use it in time
Sponsored