Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Don't sleep on chrome.
I call it the "im an old man look"

20191014_203121.jpg
:) ok, let's not start the chrome war... I like mine and that's all that counts. Side note though, every fleet vehicle my company has comes w/ a chrome package and the last time I ordered over 450 vehicles they too had the package. Most of the oilfield vehicles in my region also have chrome, it's just the way we order them. (yea I'm getting old too)

IMG-6490.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Not much to update but I did talk to the salesman. No hard data to go off of but it is being ordered through dealer stock inventory so hoping that it on the line sooner than later.

Question for those that ordered factory spray in liners: does it go into another area (delay) when on the production line?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Not much to update but I did talk to the salesman. No hard data to go off of but it is being ordered through dealer stock inventory so hoping that it on the line sooner than later.

Question for those that ordered factory spray in liners: does it go into another area (delay) when on the production line?
Yes, if you get the factory spray in liner it will add 3-5 days to your build probably - they do it at the "body shop" (that is what it has been referred to as) - it is a separate facility where they take the trucks to do the spray in liners.

One reason I didn't order a factory liner - I didn't want to delay my truck any more than I needed to.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Don't sleep on chrome.
I call it the "im an old man look"

20191014_203121.jpg
It works well for us old men!! LOL

Another Chrome lover.....

Someday youth will come to the realization and stop caring about what others may think,. I learned a long time ago to please myself first and last.
IF I really cared what others think, I would still be in my 2016 Tacoma LOL

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
I was all for the sport package based on the brochure pics, but she wasn't having it..... She, obviously, won on that decision.

Full disclosure: Since it's her truck and she's paying for it 100% I couldn't very well argue, and now that she has it, it looks much better without the sport package. The truck already looks too tall, making the wheel wells look an extra 2" taller is just silly when you see the trucks with/without sport package side by side.

new truck 2.jpg

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
I ordered a 2020 xlt supercab. I really didn't want the sport package but to get the 302A I had to take it. I don't like wheels so l ordered the 18 inch extra. I also got the FX4 package. Ordered it a month ago and still haven't heard about the build date, I am going to stop by the dealership tomorrow and see if they have heard anything.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was all for the sport package based on the brochure pics, but she wasn't having it..... She, obviously, won on that decision.

Full disclosure: Since it's her truck and she's paying for it 100% I couldn't very well argue, and now that she has it, it looks much better without the sport package. The truck already looks too tall, making the wheel wells look an extra 2" taller is just silly when you see the trucks with/without sport package side by side.

new truck 2.jpg
I feel the same regarding the Sport package. I just couldn't wrap my head around Magnetic gray trim on all colors. I chose the Lariat In White Platinum with Chrome pack.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
FX4 Lariat without the Sport Package. I wasn't a fan of the Magnetic grill and bumpers. :wink:

Ranger-Gulf.png

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
FX4 Lariat without the Sport Package. I wasn't a fan of the Magnetic grill and bumpers. :wink:

Ranger-Gulf.png
I hated the wheels and ordered the 18 magnetic wheels that come with the lariat and might see if the local body shop can paint the bumpers white to match the rest of the truck

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
It works well for us old men!! LOL

Another Chrome lover.....

Someday youth will come to the realization and stop caring about what others may think,. I learned a long time ago to please myself first and last.
IF I really cared what others think, I would still be in my 2016 Tacoma LOL
I'm with you SubVet regarding the chrome package, old school...
My 2020 SuperCab on order will feature the chrome package, one of the salient facts about the Ranger is that it features metal bumpers front and rear. What better way to point this fact out than to have them finished in chrome?
One of my uncles owned a '58 Olds 98 4 door hardtop which had so much chrome (which he fastidiously polished) that it resembled a Wurlitzer juke box!

OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Ranger-Gulf.png
There's more of us than I thought around here. Love this picture!

OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some updates after all this time:

After pulling teeth, my salesman was able to get my VIN the other day which put me at ease with his last call saying the car was supposedly built on or around 12/3. The other day it was in the Boston area so they believe barring no weather related delays, to have it by Christmas! Who knows with the holidays coming up and the site is targeting 1/3/20:

Ordered On 10/10/2019
Order Number R901
VIN Last 4 0730
Estimated Dealer Delivery 1/3/2020

• Processing
      10/10/2019
    • In Production
      12/10/2019
    • Awaiting Shipment
      Est. 12/13/2019
    • In Transit
      Est. 11 days
    • Dealer Delivery
      Est.1/3/2020
Also, has anyone tried to select owner registration from the site? It takes me to a bad request.

Last edited:

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:
OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those of you who have the FX4 package with 18” wheels I’d be very interested in the height from the center of the front wheel to the fender lip.

I added a thread in “suspension” hoping to get some feedback. Thanks
I wish I could tell you before someone else might!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
1958 Oldsmobile 98.jpeg
seeburg.jpeg
Wurlitzer-2000.jpg.png
[QUOTE="Mokume, post: 80979, member: 2451"
One of my uncles owned a '58 Olds 98 4 door hardtop which had so much chrome (which he fastidiously polished) that it resembled a Wurlitzer juke box![/QUOTE]
Actually it was the other way around. Wurlitzer and Seeburg Jukeboxes were styled to resemble cars.
Top: 1958 Oldsmobile 98
Middle: Seeburg Jukebox
Bottom: Wurlitzer Jukebox
Sponsored