NO windshield frame or covering for a finished look.

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Washing the Ranger and got up close and personal and noticed that it seems kinda strange that the windshield has no covering or framing of any type when you get close. Seems like it should for a finished look, I think. After all It is an expensive truck and while I am happy with it - FORD really did skimp on little things like this for a truck that has an MSRP of $41,000+ in my case.

Here are two pictures. One of the top of the windshield and the second of the RH side. *What do you long time Ford owners think?

IMG-0804.jpg

IMG-0805.jpg
Sponsored

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Really? I think this looks way more finished than a bunch of off-color trim tacked on.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Washing the Ranger and got up close and personal and noticed that it seems kinda strange that the windshield has no covering or framing of any type when you get close. Seems like it should for a finished look, I think. After all It is an expensive truck and while I am happy with it - FORD really did skimp on little things like this for a truck that has an MSRP of $41,000+ in my case.

Here are two pictures. One of the top of the windshield and the second of the RH side. *What do you long time Ford owners think?

IMG-0804.jpg

IMG-0805.jpg
That IS the premium finish look in the 21st century my friend...people pay through the nose to have that on RVs...frameless glass, the only way to go:wink::wink:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Frameless windows.......the best.....just like frameless bathroom shower

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My 2004 Honda Accord LX (top of the line) has the same thing - I like the look - my only complaint is that fir needles accumulate in the little slot. But I do like the clean look.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I agree too, I like this look much better than the black rubber/plastic trim around on older stuff.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

IMG-0804.jpg

IMG-0805.jpg
Hi Dar,

The days of an old rubber gasket surrounding the windshield and maybe an applicay of chrome were horrible sealing. Wind whistle or wind roar...Just awful

New windshield attachment is so much better for the above and it allows a much smoother transition appearance. I think you need to look at competitive vehicles to see if any of them exhibit what you would like to have. Photograph the and showcase here for us to see. Windshield replacement so much better that you see replacement on site where you are parked. They come to you. The new techinque of windshield also allows for robotic attachment..always perfect.

Not sure how we would fix it for your concern. Looks fine to me. The above is why we at Ford strived for a better solution.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I would personally much rather have the frameless look than the quick-to-fade gaskets of old.
Don't forget quick to deteriorate too. My buddies Honda windshield gasket basically deteriorated here from the sun,lucky for him Honda replaced it no charge. I will say he's the type who only washes it when it rains which is like twice a year here in the desert lol.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Dar,

The days of an old rubber gasket surrounding the windshield and maybe an applicay of chrome were horrible sealing. Wind whistle or wind roar...Just awful

New windshield attachment is so much better for the above and it allows a much smoother transition appearance. I think you need to look at competitive vehicles to see if any of them exhibit what you would like to have. Photograph the and showcase here for us to see. Windshield replacement so much better that you see replacement on site where you are parked. They come to you. The new techinque of windshield also allows for robotic attachment..always perfect.

Not sure how we would fix it for your concern. Looks fine to me. The above is why we at Ford strived for a better solution.

Hi Phil, Guess i was just use to looking at my 2005 Chevy for 15 years. Prior to looking at my Ranger I had not noticed it before and It looked a little naked to me is all... :^)

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
My 2017 Fusion is this way as well.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 Fusion is also that way.

However, my 1966 Mustang Convertible has that awesome chrome lining and I think it looks awesome!

3BFA1D36-592C-4482-B094-0EAAFAB1E1D1.jpeg

stangertwc

First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX | 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 Fusion is also that way.

However, my 1966 Mustang Convertible has that awesome chrome lining and I think it looks awesome!

3BFA1D36-592C-4482-B094-0EAAFAB1E1D1.jpeg
Ahhh another Ranger/Mustang owner - she looks pretty from what I can see - here’s my better half

FDE8C612-0B91-4759-BAFA-2F89131EC848.jpeg
Sponsored