so my traded 17 tacoma has a volentary frame inspection noticeand found this on the ford

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Tacoma resale value is great, though.
Tacomas do hold their value -I traded my 13 tacoma (hated it) in for my 14 F150 and got 2k less than I paid for the tacoma on trade. I wonder if our rangers will do as well? guess well see......
Sponsored

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
i had a 17 TRD OR for 2 years. 30k miles. I liked the truck, but that transmission sucks so bad along with Toyota's tuning. Truck was horrible on the interstate. I even went so far as to re-gear it to 4.30's and though it helped, with tiny 32" tires it still went to 4th at 70 on the slightest incline. And then because i geared it, the truck would randomly hit the limiter and bog.

I posted up my ranger on tacomaworld and you wouldn't believe the grief they gave me and Rangers in general. Such a toxic group.

Of course their big schticks are trade value and reliability. The reliability thing is such fake news. So sad of a group.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
i had a 17 TRD OR for 2 years. 30k miles. I liked the truck, but that transmission sucks so bad along with Toyota's tuning. Truck was horrible on the interstate. I even went so far as to re-gear it to 4.30's and though it helped, with tiny 32" tires it still went to 4th at 70 on the slightest incline. And then because i geared it, the truck would randomly hit the limiter and bog.

I posted up my ranger on tacomaworld and you wouldn't believe the grief they gave me and Rangers in general. Such a toxic group.

Of course their big schticks are trade value and reliability. The reliability thing is such fake news. So sad of a group.
Tacoma World is a toxic waste dump! When I had my '16 Tacoma I was on there in the beginning because it was a new generation and I ordered mine in Sept of 2015. It's almost impossible to get a normal answer to simple questions without calling you all sorts of names. There were a few good posters but most were :asshat:.

The only good thing about that truck was the trade in value other than that it was the biggest pos I've ever owned! :puke:

Last edited:

Okinawa Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2022 Ranger XLT/Splash/FX4
Occupation
Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Shop Owner

Okinawa Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2022 Ranger XLT/Splash/FX4
Occupation
Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Shop Owner
The Japanese are famous for high HP car engines in trucks, they never got the memo on low rpm torque. Ford always had that sorted out better than the others. GM always had higher hp numbers but their trucks never pulled like a Ford. Towing in high gear requires torque at low R's, the win goes to Ford.
Sponsored