so my traded 17 tacoma has a volentary frame inspection noticeand found this on the ford

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Seal kit looks interesting. Wonder if that would fit the Ranger.......
I was noticing that the cross members are through welded the other day when I was spraying some mud off the truck. It was a nice find.

I agree on the seal, the tailgate lets in dirt from the road below due to what I can only assume is a vacuum effect caused by the giant gap at the bottom. The rest of the bed is clean and dry, but as you get closer to the tailgate dirt is everywhere.

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Just got a letter from Toyota for my 17 Taco. They must have frame problems on new models also. Sounds like in a few months they will spray the frame with some CRC anti rust treatment. Maybe its time to get rid of this and buy a second Ranger?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just got a letter from Toyota for my 17 Taco. They must have frame problems on new models also. Sounds like in a few months they will spray the frame with some CRC anti rust treatment. Maybe its time to get rid of this and buy a second Ranger?

You'd figure by now they would've had this frame problem solved. With all the end of year incentives you could probably get yourself a really nice XLT for little to no money on your trade in. :)

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You'd figure by now they would've had this frame problem solved. With all the end of year incentives you could probably get yourself a really nice XLT for little to no money on your trade in. :)
He should get a decent trade number.

My dealer has 3-4 Tacomas at ridiculous asking prices like this. 122K miles too.

1.jpg

Here's a '17!

1.jpg

• Sneak Peek
  • View Options
  • 2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5[/paste:font]
    View Vehicle Details
    • Internet Price

" data-original-title="" title="" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding-right: 3px; cursor: help; font-size: 1.2em;">Internet Price $27,000
    • Dealer Closing Fee:+$488
    • Price Before Tax/Tags:$27,488
    • Get Pre-Approved
    • Body Style: Crew Cab Pickup
    • Engine: 3.5L V6 24V PDI DOHC
    • Drive Type: 4WD
    • Transmission: 2-Speed A/T
    • Ext. Color: Super White
    • Int. Color: Cement Gray
    • Mileage: 78,023
    • VIN #: 3TMCZ5AN4HM051231
    • Stock #: 19001C
    • ford_carfax_1owner.png

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
He should get a decent trade number.

My dealer has 3-4 Tacomas at ridiculous asking prices like this. 122K miles too.

1.jpg

Here's a '17!

1.jpg

• Sneak Peek
  • View Options
  • 2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5[/paste:font]
    View Vehicle Details
    • Internet Price

" data-original-title="" title="" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding-right: 3px; cursor: help; font-size: 1.2em;">Internet Price $27,000
    • Dealer Closing Fee:+$488
    • Price Before Tax/Tags:$27,488
    • Get Pre-Approved
    • Body Style: Crew Cab Pickup
    • Engine: 3.5L V6 24V PDI DOHC
    • Drive Type: 4WD
    • Transmission: 2-Speed A/T
    • Ext. Color: Super White
    • Int. Color: Cement Gray
    • Mileage: 78,023
    • VIN #: 3TMCZ5AN4HM051231
    • Stock #: 19001C
    • ford_carfax_1owner.png

I bet some Toyota fan boy will scoop it up quickly then go on Tacoma World and brag at what a great deal he got it for. :headbang:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bet some Toyota fan boy will scoop it up quickly then go on Tacoma World and brag at what a great deal he got it for. :headbang:
Tacoma resale value is great, though.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Tacoma resale value is great, though.

Yes I agree. They gave me just over $30K for my 2016 and I still got quite a bit off msrp + incentives when I bought my Ranger. I'm not expecting these types of trade in numbers with the Ranger but if Ford get some of these things fixed like the saggy seats I would hope one day soon their resale numbers will increase too.

OP
OP
u wish u could ride

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
I got the same letter three weeks after trading mine in !! I had a 2002 with the frame coated it was more of a nightmare after the coating as I couldn't see it it was rusting or not!! I was super happy when I traded that one in on the 17 but even more happy not having to deal with the letter !!it stressed me out once !!(I live in ct where they use brine on the roads to retreat .)we have two older rangers and one Econoline van all three all three never undercoated and none have rusted out they don't even get washed just abused.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
https://www.griffinford.com/used-Wa...ariat+4WD+Near+Milwaukee+WI-1FTER4FH9KLA17204

I went to my dealer and was looking out the window a couple of weeks ago and saw this Ranger.
I was like how do you have a used Ranger already.

A guy traded his 2019 Taco in on it. Well after a couple weeks he brought the Ranger back and traded it back in for his Taco.

So in 2019 he made 3 truck purchases.
An almost Nigerian buy back!! It is hilarious it almost matches this scene from The Goods.

OP
OP
u wish u could ride

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
https://www.griffinford.com/used-Wa...ariat+4WD+Near+Milwaukee+WI-1FTER4FH9KLA17204

I went to my dealer and was looking out the window a couple of weeks ago and saw this Ranger.
I was like how do you have a used Ranger already.

A guy traded his 2019 Taco in on it. Well after a couple weeks he brought the Ranger back and traded it back in for his Taco.

So in 2019 he made 3 truck purchases.
that black and chrome looks sharp.the poor taco guy, he got into the ranger and I'm sur it shifted hard as hell a couple times, and he was like "hell no "I want my tacoma back!! 2019 was his money drain year!!
Sponsored