Realtruck.com - Complaints?

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Found good deal for hard folding Gator EFX tonneau cover, but before committing funds wanted to see how it has treated customers here as I am finding a butt load of complaints about them via a simple Google search. What say you who have dealings with them? Thanks!
Sponsored

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I bought my 2 swing cases from them a few weeks ago - I believe it was on Labor Day. They were awesome. I was doing the purchase online and wanted to make sure I was buying the drivers AND passengers sides. A representative got on line with me and helped me out. They even gave me a small discount even though it was already discounted for Labor Day.

They had free shipping and it came in as promised.

Just waiting for my A.R.E. Z2 Topper before I install them.

No issues at all for me.

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Several of my accessories, I ordered from them...no issues.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great! Thanks for the info. Getting additional discount via using Discover card...

NAndrews33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Found good deal for hard folding Gator EFX tonneau cover, but before committing funds wanted to see how it has treated customers here as I am finding a butt load of complaints about them via a simple Google search. What say you who have dealings with them? Thanks!
I bought my Gator EFX from them a couple weeks back. I purchased many accessories through them over the past few years and never had an issue.

Rmblaster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I bought a truxedo rollup cover that didnt fit after about 30 emails back and forth i finally got my money back

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the info. I hope everything goes well for me as well. Looking forward to using the cargo section. I was spoiled with this type of storage with my Chevy Avalanche for 15 years. That came with a locking removable cover from the factory.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bought something and returned it with no problems. I would buy from them again.

JimiFuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Ordered a Mx4 tonneau cover from them on the 3rd. It has apparently been lost by fed ex. I'm not sure how you lose a 80lbs box but they did. Emailed support they put a trace on it and said they would ship another one out as soon a trace is complete (72 hours). Will update as soon as I know more.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I had more of a problem with Gator than RealTruck. The Gator cover I bought didn't fit the truck properly when the truck has the Ford drop in bedliner. They fiddled around for a week or two with talking to engineering, and once they came to the conclusion that 1. The cover would not fit the truck properly, and 2. I needed to install the part that didn't fit in order to retain my warranty, I ghosted them because my options were.

1. Return the cover and let all my stuff get wet on my camping trip next week, or 2. Correct their engineering defect with my own home made parts and stuff the warranty.

I fixed the cover myself, and probably won't buy another Gator product. It's a decent cover, as long as I don't care that I no longer have a warranty.

RealTruck offered the "Gator Guarantee" though which would have let me return it for any reason for 100% refund shipping included, so there is that aspect that was nice.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I purchased a soft tri-fold cover from Gator for my Ranger and it's a pretty nice cover for the price. I did have some issues with one of the large mounting wingnuts freezing up and breaking soon after installation and they sent me the parts quickly for free. So far everything else has been fine.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I ordered running boards and a tonneau cover from them. When I ordered the tonneau, I found that you can get a discount if you talk to one of their reps. In both cases, product shipped direct from the manufacturer. But that's easily explained as Real Truck is owned by Truck Hero, who manufactures many of the items sold by them.

https://truck-hero.com/about

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered running boards and a tonneau cover from them. When I ordered the tonneau, I found that you can get a discount if you talk to one of their reps. In both cases, product shipped direct from the manufacturer. But that's easily explained as Real Truck is owned by Truck Hero, who manufactures many of the items sold by them.

https://truck-hero.com/about
Speaking with someone locally here who could not compete with online prices as he has physical brick and morter costs says ALL of the tonneau covers brands are owned by only a few companies who control all the pricing. Sort of like the grocery market who has TWO -2 big names that own all the large chains. :^(

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
No issues, my order went as it should.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all for input. Expecting my cover this week. Update to follow
Sponsored