Prototype Bed rack for Roof top Tent

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4 runner , 1999, XJ, 1999 Audi S4, 1996 f150 prerunner, 1984 Audi UR Quattro
Just looking for feedback on this bedrack design we have come up with... its just tacked together here and still needs cross bars.. It's a little different than others out there as eventually we'll have a canvas top to go over the rack....

Ranger bed rack.jpg
Sponsored

Peas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. How is the over cab rhino rack mod working out?

Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be interested in if someone can make one that goes fully across the top of the truck and has some sort of cab mounting so you could put Tent, Lights, Solar, etc all on top of the truck.

OP
OP
dangeranger

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4 runner , 1999, XJ, 1999 Audi S4, 1996 f150 prerunner, 1984 Audi UR Quattro
I'd be interested in if someone can make one that goes fully across the top of the truck and has some sort of cab mounting so you could put Tent, Lights, Solar, etc all on top of the truck.
at this point in time we don't intend to have one that goes over the cab of the truck as the market hasn't shown a strong enough demand for it... Most people seem to like the bed only rack.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great, will there be various height options?? Since Iā€™ll be hauling kayaks on cab roof rack, Iā€™ll need clearance for the rooftop tent when mounted to the bed rack
Just looking for feedback on this bedrack design we have come up with... its just tacked together here and still needs cross bars.. It's a little different than others out there as eventually we'll have a canvas top to go over the rack....

Ranger bed rack.jpg
[/QUOTE

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I like it; Iā€™m interested to see the finished project.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I am very interested.

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow pkg, Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, Lift Gate Assist, Ford black running boards
Occupation
IT technician, retired soldier (11B, 19D)

Ranger bed rack.jpg
I really like it. It looks great! For me, I don't want it to go all the way across over the top of the cab, but if it were level with the pioneer rack I'd like that a lot.
Any ballpark on cost on this?

OP
OP
dangeranger

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like it. It looks great! For me, I don't want it to go all the way across over the top of the cab, but if it were level with the pioneer rack I'd like that a lot.
Any ballpark on cost on this?[/QUOT

I'm working on a price now... anything I give you would be pure speculation at this point... with that being said all of our products usually sit in the middle ground on pricing.

CBK

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Finance Manager Hertrich Ford of Easton
The Rhino Rack is Awesome!
Is that Rhino rack available yet or did you modify one. I dont see it as available Thats exactly what im look at doing

OP
OP
dangeranger

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you designing it to fit most truck-top tents?
Yes, However a hardshell might hang over the back as we're trying to keep the height lower than the cab to reduce drag.... it's not the lowest but not the highest either...

OP
OP
dangeranger

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So... just giving some updates here... there will be two height options and we're looking at a $700-$750 price range... Thoughts?
Sponsored