First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
Traveling on the freeway at 70 mph, the engine just died. Looking at the monitor it stated "turn off engine to conserve battery, then start engine". Weird, engine was already off. I coasted to the freeway shoulder, turned off the ignition, then restarted the engine. Everything was normal after that hiccup. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Traveling on the freeway at 70 mph, the engine just died. Looking at the monitor it stated "turn off engine to conserve battery, then start engine". Weird, engine was already off. I coasted to the freeway shoulder, turned off the ignition, then restarted the engine. Everything was normal after that hiccup. Any ideas?
Any other symptoms? It may be something electrical ie dead alternator or problem with battery terminals

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I remember reading about someone getting a similar problem and message (although I think it was either a Jeep or GM product). I think it was a battery management sw message and it turned out to be a bad battery (maybe a cell shorted, something like that).

Maybe check the battery terminals and grounds, have the battery load tested?

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
That's just your government reminding you it was a 65mph zone, lol.

Edit to clarify, not speaking to "your" government as in USA, just in the "your" generality of governments being servants of the people.

Last edited:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
No other symptoms, no flags nothing. Just died. Sorry I didn't take a screen shot, but really no other info. Engine started right up, off we went.
That's kinda scary. I hope you find out what that was all about soon!

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Don't laugh that day is most likely coming in the near future. :mad:
I think the only way it doesn't happen is if they just ban independent drivers all together and force AI vehicles for all. Otherwise we'll be getting speeding fines based on the car computer, then too many or excessive speeds will make the vehicles inoperable for a period once you are back home. A message on the dash saying this vehicle is in XX days time-out because you won't follow our rules.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I think the only way it doesn't happen is if they just ban independent drivers all together and force AI vehicles for all. Otherwise we'll be getting speeding fines based on the car computer, then too many or excessive speeds will make the vehicles inoperable for a period once you are back home. A message on the dash saying this vehicle is in XX days time-out because you won't follow our rules.
I think there are a lot of people, both on the political side and the motor company side that would like to do just that, transportation as a subscription service. :(

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I think there are a lot of people, both on the political side and the motor company side that would like to do just that, transportation as a subscription service. :(
It will also force more rural people into urban centers where they can be monitored and controlled more effectively.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Don't laugh that day is most likely coming in the near future. :mad:
You'll have the option to subscribe to go higher than posted speed limit...$5 for every mph over...

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Ranger burped after the sht fuel you fed it....:)

d3e90f9c53237d6302bed9ddda10ac95.jpeg
Sponsored