DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
DIY Fix for missing XL and XLT Engine Shroud Cover.

Known issue - Engine Shroud Cover Is Not Available on XL and XLT Trims, Only Lariats.:angry:

This cover was not put on the Ford Ranger only for aesthetics but to also muffle the injector/solenoid noise only on the Lariats engine. I just ordered all the parts and had it put it back on the engine and the engine noise was greatly reduced on my XL trim model. The parts cost was ~ $73 (cover and included nuts, washers and studs) - This cost is ridiculous but since it was taken off the lower trim models, probably to save $$$, it's well worth it to put the cover back on the Ranger by the dealer or yourself. IMHO ;)
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
DIY Fix for missing XL and XLT Engine Shroud Cover.

Known issue - Engine Shroud Cover Is Not Available on XL and XLT Trims, Only Lariats.:angry:

This cover was not put on the Ford Ranger only for aesthetics but to also muffle the injector/solenoid noise only on the Lariats engine. I just ordered all the parts and had it put it back on the engine and the engine noise was greatly reduced on my XL trim model. The parts cost was ~ $73 (cover and included nuts, washers and studs) - This cost is ridiculous but since it was taken off the lower trim models, probably to save $$$, it's well worth it to put the cover back on the Ranger by the dealer or yourself. IMHO ;)
It's super sad to see the spread on pricing for this, some people get it for 39$ hardware included, others in the 50's, then some are way more...

I'll probably wait to find one at the junk yard, or maybe I'll install the mustang one to be funny.

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
some people get it for 39$ hardware included, others in the 50's, then some are way more...
From what I have seen in noise reduction on my XL, I would be willing to gladly pay any amount of money, within reason, for this foam rubber-like noise reducer cover. IMHO:wink:

Last edited:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's already a thread where someone posted the part numbers, I will search for it in a few and maybe link it here.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

woody

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xl supercab 4 x 4 towed
can someone take a pic of what it looks like before and after on the truck ?

thanks dave

woody

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xl supercab 4 x 4 towed
ford gm thing ... but on my 2015 chevy colorado at $ 20 k plane jane truck it came with that standard ? and the truck is very quiet . ( my trade in truck ) that is if the new Ranger is ever to get here ?

thanks dave

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford gm thing ... but on my 2015 chevy colorado at $ 20 k plane jane truck it came with that standard ? and the truck is very quiet . ( my trade in truck ) that is if the new Ranger is ever to get here ?

thanks dave
"Doesn't come with XL And XLT" translation = "We didn't have enough during the first run, so we dropped it entirely from those trims"

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
It came in black - what "red" paint solution did you use on the foam rubber?:question:
Rustoleum Acrylic enamel, several very light coats with lots of dry time in between. 3 weeks later it is holding up perfectly. Did not paint the underside. Probably not enough heat up that high to affect it.

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did not paint the underside
If you did, you could have destroyed the noise suppression characteristics of the foam rubber. ;)
BTW - Nice paint job.
Sponsored