Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
I'm really curious how those Fuel wheels are gonna look once you get them mounted. I'm getting some Black Rhinos that are a +12, and I'm already worried about how "stanced" the truck is gonna look. Can't even picture an additional -24mm of offset from the Rhinos. Personal taste, but not a fan of how much the +0's stick out there.

TL;DR Can't wait for pics!
That’s why I went with fender flares. I’m hoping they’ll go close to the edge but wont stick out.

By going up 3 inch with my Icon lift (hope it comes in soon!) I wanted to widen the stance as much as possible to counteract some of the effects of raising the center of gravity.
Sponsored

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Understandable. You have a timetable on the stage 2 kit yet? The shop that's doing my +12's and 285/70/17 Ridge Grapplers is also doing a Stage 2 Tubular at 3", but he claims he can have it delivered within 48 hours once they get the truck.

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understandable. You have a timetable on the stage 2 kit yet? The shop that's doing my +12's and 285/70/17 Ridge Grapplers is also doing a Stage 2 Tubular at 3", but he claims he can have it delivered within 48 hours once they get the truck.
Still waiting for a reply. Last email from Icon in March said they were shipping end of March or early April. Really starting to suck cause noise from studded tires on clean black top is getting annoying and want to get tire swap with suspension work.

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
Call them. I've always had good luck getting to Icon by phone and getting my questions answered.

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Call them. I've always had good luck getting to Icon by phone and getting my questions answered.
Latest reply is that it’s now pushed back to last week of April. :curse:

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any chance you can investigate the roof rail area and see if there are any mounting holes? Would be really nice if they did.
Ok so took a long time but I have an answer: there are pre drilled holes on the roof just like the ROTW Ranger so I ordered the Wildtrack roof rails on Ebay (dealer did actually) to mount my Rhino-Rack Pioneer tray. That’ll be the temporary set-up until Rhino-Rack makes their Backbone mounting system available for the Ranger.
Wildtrack set-up:
73FA68A5-E41E-4ADC-90C8-38678C0C21C5.jpeg

Rhino-Rack Backbone on Tacoma:
E599D5FC-67D9-4E63-8D78-82F672439553.png

Dealer was also cool enough to take back my Yakima rack. I’ll go with just the Crossbars on standard legs on the Retrax/Embark cover while I wait for something better to come along. Not carrying my spare over the roof, want a lower center of gravity and want to fit in my garage!

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update from Rhino-Rack:

For those interested in mounting a platform to the roof of your Rangers, Rhino-Rack has just confirmed to me by email that their Backbone mounting system (shown in post above) will be available in the next 2 weeks or so. Guess I’ll have a decision to make soon: Wildtrak roof bars or Backbone?
Any ideas?

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Update from Rhino-Rack:

For those interested in mounting a platform to the roof of your Rangers, Rhino-Rack has just confirmed to me by email that their Backbone mounting system (shown in post above) will be available in the next 2 weeks or so. Guess I’ll have a decision to make soon: Wildtrak roof bars or Backbone?
Any ideas?
Yessss!!! This will be a great option for me since I wanted to have my kayaks hauled on the roof!!

D86ACDF2-7F8B-4607-AEC7-79AB52C17255.jpeg

9AF805FA-B55F-4D18-B02F-EE3A3C5DE577.jpeg

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Yessss!!! This will be a great option for me since I wanted to have my kayaks hauled on the roof!!
That's exactly what I was thinking. Trying to find an alternative to a Overhaul HD on the bed that might work as well or better.

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update from Rhino-Rack:

Any ideas?
To answer my own question (lol): so far I’m leaning a lot more towards the Wildtrak bars because, although the Backbone looks much better (and cooler, way cooler!), the bars seem to be more versatile. As in I can put whatever I want on the roof bars (another type of tray, crossbars, cargo box, etc...) but the backbone only fits the Pioneer tray. I’m thinking also for resale I can keep my platform and the truck wont look “stripped out”.

Gcoop81

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2012 ,Toyota Prius C
The swing case toolboxes, would you be able to measure what the inside dimensions are?
Thinking about getting one.
Would a pair of workboots and a hard hat fit in one?

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so took a long time but I have an answer: there are pre drilled holes on the roof just like the ROTW Ranger so I ordered the Wildtrack roof rails on Ebay (dealer did actually) to mount my Rhino-Rack Pioneer tray. That’ll be the temporary set-up until Rhino-Rack makes their Backbone mounting system available for the Ranger.
Wildtrack set-up:
73FA68A5-E41E-4ADC-90C8-38678C0C21C5.jpeg

Rhino-Rack Backbone on Tacoma:
E599D5FC-67D9-4E63-8D78-82F672439553.png

Dealer was also cool enough to take back my Yakima rack. I’ll go with just the Crossbars on standard legs on the Retrax/Embark cover while I wait for something better to come along. Not carrying my spare over the roof, want a lower center of gravity and want to fit in my garage!
Can you please send the link to the ROOF RAILS?....the only ones I have been able to find are stick-on, and want the screw/bolt on.

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you please send the link to the ROOF RAILS?....the only ones I have been able to find are stick-on, and want the screw/bolt on.
There’s a bunch of them on eBay sold mostly by Thailand tuning shops so buy at your own risk! I have no idea which one my dealer went with. Here are a few links of the screw in ones.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/FIT-2012-Fo...950726&hash=item35ee460146:g:t3kAAOSw9N1VsLZp

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Aluminum-Re...216819?hash=item4d4dd3ef73:g:zcwAAOSwB09YFh4X

Alot of them are made of cheap ABS plastic. Make sure you order a real aluminum part!

Also, dont know what that means exactly but most of the ads I see when using the website have been taken down when using the App instead (??)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The swing case toolboxes, would you be able to measure what the inside dimensions are?
Thinking about getting one.
Would a pair of workboots and a hard hat fit in one?
Here you go, hope this helps.
8C5FFABA-5757-4344-9A83-C76ADE96090B.jpeg
97C80074-74F7-4A77-BD1A-34888093FEDD.jpeg
EC82A577-8656-4178-A8DC-F0B6AE08FDC7.jpeg