First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Remember he's in Alaska. It's freezing there right now so it'll be slower than ours until it warms up. Even a damper gets shrinkage. :shock::bandit:
Verrrry important to protect your "damper" in cold weather...extreme shrinkage can be very detrimental to performance of the "in and out" operation of the damper.....:like:
Protecting it with some type of "stretchable cover" or applying some type of lubricant to cover the damper might help...
Sponsored

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Today was oil change and tire rotation day. I'll never undestand why folks think changing the oil is hard, you only need two tools. Just remember to turn hard right when you park it to make room to get to the filter.
I'll never understand why some folks think things that are easy for them to do are easy for every one else to do. The reason you don't understand is, you're probably not old, or handicapped, or time constrained, or live in an apartment, or where it snows, etc. lol

Someday though.....

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
I'll never understand why some folks think things that are easy for them to do are easy for every one else to do. The reason you don't understand is, you're probably not old, or handicapped, or time constrained, or live in an apartment, or where it snows, etc. lol

Someday though.....

I'm 55 have shit knees ( 5 surgeries at this point ) and tendon damage in my right hand, I actually wore pants because it was cold that day. If I could have done it in the snow it would have been AWESOME for my knees not having to kneel down on the hard ground and look..... nature provides a free ice pack. I have time constraints because I'm having to fix all kinds of things wrong/broken at my 81 year old mothers house who has Alzheimer's/dementia who can't afford to have it done because my sister has ran through about $500k of her money before bailing because there is nothing left but a house full of dog shit/piss and a garage stuffed to the rafters with garbage because hauling a can out to the curb was too hard.

EDITED TO ADD
If this post doesn't make any sense anymore it's because somebody edited my post and crap-canned a winner of a comment from Ranger_Pawl wishing I was affirmed so I'd understand how hard it is to change my own oil.

Last edited:

AndyMedic

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paramedic
Added my SS3 Pro fogs, Valvomax drain plug during my first oil change. Truck is 4 months old and about 10k miles. Oil change was straight forward and the trough for the filter was a nice addition.

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Added my SS3 Pro fogs, Valvomax drain plug during my first oil change. Truck is 4 months old and about 10k miles. Oil change was straight forward and the trough for the filter was a nice addition.
Damnit, I didn't realize I wanted a new drain plug until your post. It looks handy!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Verrrry important to protect your "damper" in cold weather...extreme shrinkage can be very detrimental to performance of the "in and out" operation of the damper.....:like:
Protecting it with some type of "stretchable cover" or applying some type of lubricant to cover the damper might help...
? :idea: I see DeeZee damper condoms coming out fall of 2022. ?

JRRangerAZ

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Installed a Vantrue N4 3-camera dash cam, which was pretty straight-forward. Wiring for the front/cabin cam tucks easily into headliner and was run down the driver’s A-pillar to the fuse box. Rear cam wire tucks into headliner, then down driver’s C-pillar, under the front and rear door threshold covers, up the driver’s A-pillar and finally into the front/cabin cam. The tricky part is wiring for power. Piggyback fuse holders are provided by Vantrue complete with the 5 amp fuse. They do not quite fit and require a bit of trimming. (See photo.) Use a volt meter to determine which leg of the fuse block is load and which is draw. Mount the piggyback so the lead going to the camera is on the draw side. I used slot 26 as it is a spare circuit with a 30 amp fuse and always powered (necessary for the parking mode). For a ground, I used the bolt that mounts the OBDII port.

The Vantrue unit is on the expensive side, but is feature-rich with lots of customization. Plenty of comparo videos on Goo-tube, none of which tell you the little obstacles you might run into… like the piggybacks needing a trim or how to determine load from draw. Thanks to taildraggerpilot and https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/members/dunneldeen.10422/ for posting datum on our fuse block. https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/posts/356148/

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

Last edited:

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
bed lights. wired in to the wolf Haus socket and factory plug. let there be LIGHT !

used the Wolf Haus kit, then the bed lights someone else on here linked to, but I cut all the connectors from between the lights and re-soldered and heat shrunk it all. then hid as much of the wiring as I could between the bed and fender.

IMG_3343.jpeg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Yet another mod I didn’t know I needed until the forum showed me I needed it….and of course, once you’ve seen that you need it…..there’s no unseeing said need and you suddenly know you need what you saw.

Anyway, Morimoto markers….you know, to get rid of the orange I didn’t know I needed to get rid of.

Lol, I will say they look a whole lot better to my eye. Looking forward to the new headlights.

B7DCD04C-1F3F-4441-8F64-1E603E803A42.jpeg
CAF1A1A4-4F27-4F78-BD96-53A1FA8CAED8.jpeg
Never seen such clean tires! :like:

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Swapped toyo AT3 for big ko2s, big improvement on the ride.
Really? Wonder if your first go at getting the toyos mounted they weren't balanced properly. Those tires are amazing. Also look at the tire sidewall or specs the toyos are far better wet, dry and miles. Although bfGoodrich did come out with a new tko that specs were just as good.

Reactions: Doc