First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Now Now, Ford had to eliminate some 25 cent to 50 cent items to bring the cost down to their faithful buyers.

One could only guess at the final cost of our Rangers if these items had been left in the final build !!! :facepalm:
?

One Million Dollars.gif
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
There were several things Ford omitted to cut costs and that was one of them. I guess a light bulb was going to send them into bankruptcy. :rolleyes: The biggest head scratcher was the engine cover not being included. It looks so unfinished under the hood now without it.
All my Chevy friends with vintage Chevys like to "chrome-up" everything under the hood, from the air cleaner to the valve covers, even the alternator!
I have always gone pretty basic under the hood. I figure with the Ford, I only need to open the hood every few thousand miles to change the oil...
The Chevy guys have to open theirs a LOT more often, so it might as well be pretty!

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
And, still, no factory tailgate damper !!!
I know rite! I’m so ready to just roll my pos Ranger off a cliff on account of no dampinator and no engine cover! Just makes me sick!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
That's true, how could I be so dense.

Obviously $34,470.80 instead of $34,470.30 would have sent me walkin' out of that deal.
You forgot the "markup"... They get $5000 for $150 worth of trinkets when you step up a model.
They have to save some trivial stuff to ease the pain!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I remember "way back in them olden days" you sat down with the salesman and ordered a car/truck, and then went down a list of available options and accessories, and picked exactly what you wanted. Prices for each add on was clearly listed and added to the cost.
No packages" and nothing added that you did not want. From a passenger side rear view mirror to whitewall tires, you picked what you wanted.
Ordered a Falcon Sprint and a Pontiac GTO exactly that way.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
the market demand and profit expectations have changed considerably since then, and so has our control over what we want.

but i do wish more items were available as stand alone items and not in packages.
I'd gladly pay a fair price for a push button start and not have to get a decked out lariat package.
and if someone really wants a lit PRNDS indicator so they know what the gear sequence is....then all the more power to them to pay for it.
As Ford transitions to a predominantly special order-based buying model, I see little reason why we won’t slowly return to the days of the customer getting each individual desired feature.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
i honestly hope so, but reading about that bronco with the wrong backseats, i cant fathom Ford getting their shit together enough to build something to a customer spec. without butchering it.
Yes but that Wayne MI plant must be under extreme pressure these days to get that Bronco out. It’s no excuse for putting in a wrong back seat lol but I would hate to be an employee at that plant right now.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Should've ordered a 2019...now you don't have glove box damper, console tray and no lights for your shifter...?
My 2019 XLT 302A package doesn't have any of those. It's a late build date though, Nov 2019

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
For what it’s worth, adding the light can be done although a bit tricky. I’m not planning to buy from the parts dept, not going to salvage them either.
Had the centre console apart about a month ago. You have to remove the top of the shifter assembly to reveal a very thin slot where the light would go. A regular LED strip wouldn’t work. It’s so close to the letters, you would see each light - no distance to diffuse. I am going to order a roll of COB to see if that may work.
Unlike in my last F150, I don’t even see the unused plug in the Ranger. I will tap into the lighting for the USB connections. Of course, this just lights things up, it will not move with the lever or indicate what gear.
112A54D2-5556-445D-959F-94A74B11A24B.jpeg
E653966B-5924-4A2D-A359-49B038BC6D49.jpeg

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Mine has all of them and it's a 06/19 build. I wonder when they started this?
You have a Lariat so they may have been standard on your truck but not my XLT. When I changed my cabin filter I was glad I didn't have the glovebox damper in the way

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
The Transit is a commercial vehicle and people are paying $40 for a booklet from a dealer because the options are so hard to figure out when almost everything is an option.
And they still bitch it's Ford's fault when they get it wrong.
Yeah, my other vehicle is a Transit.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hey fellow new ranger owners. Just bought new 2021 Lariat. Are the number and letter indicators on the gear shift supposed to have a light? It seems like they should when the lights are on. Hard to shift in the dark garage unless I look at the instrument panel. Maybe the light is broken? thanks in advance!

shift red.jpg
Initially there were indeed lighted but Ford phased that out sometime in 2020-2021, along with a few other bits of decontenting (tie downs, folding headrests, etc.).

You have a Lariat so they may have been standard on your truck but not my XLT. When I changed my cabin filter I was glad I didn't have the glovebox damper in the way
Mine is a 5/19 build XLT and it has all those items.

It also has 6 tie downs and an illuminated shifter :sunglasses:
Sponsored

Last edited: