First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It’s too late, some folks here told me the water is fine. The water is like apparently a leap of faith into the volcano money pit,

shouldn’t have got my toes wet…
It's still not to late. ?

Run Forest Run.jpg

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I would say it really depends on what you want to do with the truck. Bigger tires will help more for rock crawling since you'll have slightly more clearance. You mentioned you weren't doing a lot of rock crawling, so I think you'll appreciate the improved ride of the upgraded shocks much more.

Keep in mind bigger tires = lower mpg as well.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I would say it really depends on what you want to do with the truck. Bigger tires will help more for rock crawling since you'll have slightly more clearance. You mentioned you weren't doing a lot of rock crawling, so I think you'll appreciate the improved ride of the upgraded shocks much more.

Keep in mind bigger tires = lower mpg as well.
Very good point as well on the rock crawling/mpg. There are a lot of sharp rocks at the desert where I camp a few times a year. I’m more afraid of a puncture more so. Do you have shocks you recommend looking into? Definitely a lot to consider and I’m glad I am getting varied opinions. Thanks all.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Very good point as well on the rock crawling/mpg. There are a lot of sharp rocks at the desert where I camp a few times a year. I’m more afraid of a puncture more so. Do you have shocks you recommend looking into? Definitely a lot to consider and I’m glad I am getting varied opinions. Thanks all.
If you are going slow and properly aired down, I wouldn't worry too much about punture from a rock.

As to shocks, I don't have tons of experience with them, but if I didnt have the Tremor package I would be looking at the Fox 2.5's. I have heard very good things.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I look at it a little different than most.

A lift/level will fit larger tires. So doing tires first might end up being a waste.

Doing lift/level first will end up looking like you skipped leg day.

The only logical conclusion is to do them at the same time.

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
^ as the above poster said doing a lift or atleast a level to then fit the bigger tires is definitley the right move first. I went with a 2.5 icon kit so i could fit 285 / 33" tires. just make sure you install everything right and not bust a cv like me :(

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
All I see from all your comments is $$$ on $$$. I’m left more knowledgeable but my wallet is left more empty. Thanks all, helps a lot with the info.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you are going slow and properly aired down, I wouldn't worry too much about punture from a rock.
Respectfully I disagree with that. :) There have been several who have posted here that with the stock Hankooks they were going slow and barley rubbed up against a rock and they punctured the sidewall. With all the small cactus and scrubby stuff out in the desert no way I would take a chance with them out there. Anything can happen to any tire but I try and take every precaution I can. Plus if you get tires now you should be able to sell the originals while they're still in good shape.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
All I see from all your comments is $$$ on $$$. I’m left more knowledgeable but my wallet is left more empty. Thanks all, helps a lot with the info.
It's funny because I never changed out brand new tires before or did level kits or really anything. I would buy a new F 150 and just drive it but there weren't a lot of forums out back then and even when there were I never had time for them.

Fast forward now and pretty much a way of life. If you're looking for something usually the first thing you do get inline and search for it and that will usually direct you to some kind of forum. That's how I found this one. I was bored one night and was looking up info on the new Ranger because I hated my Tacoma. Found this site and read every single thread which was easy to do back then. About a week later I bought mine and have been on here and broke ever since! ?
Sponsored